Status: slow updates lovelys

You Can't Change Fate

Gryffindor common room

Gryffindor common room was packed tight. All of the occupants had their heads either bent over a book, or lying against something relaxing just a bit. It was nearly quiet with the exception of three students: one with black hair, sticking up at odd angles, the other two, a man and a woman, were leaning against each other. The man’s arm draped casually over the woman’s shoulders. She was busy reading over her homework for her charms class while the man swished his dark hair over his grey eyes, smiling at the odd haired boy.

“James, if Moony wanted to dock points. Don’t you think we would have done it already?” His voice creased with humor.

“I don’t know ,Pads, usually we never have to worry, but, he seemed rather mad this time.” James looked over at a chair in the corner. A boy with fine brown hair, a slightly elongated nose and brown eyes loomed over a parchment; his quill working double to finish his work. His prefect badge gleamed from the reflection of the fire's light. Sirius’s shoulders lifted in a shrug. He shifted slightly so the woman could move closer to him, “What do you think, love?” he asked her. The woman’s head stayed bent over her book.

“Maranay,” She threw her head up, blonde/brown hair drifting over Sirius’s arm, unnatural blue eyes blinked as she looked at James, “Hmmm?”

“The prank we bestowed unto Snivellus. Do you think Remus will dock points?” James ruffled his hair. Maranay looked over her shoulder. Her older brother, Remus, to enveloped in his homework to look away.

“Prefects can’t dock points.” She said carefully.

“What!?” James bellowed, rising from the common table and stalking off towards Remus. Maranay turned her head back to her homework. Prepared to get back to reading the chapter she is supposed to do; when two fingers slid under her chin and turned her face upwards. Dark eyes, melted over with mischief, bore into hers, Sirius bent his head slightly touching the tip of his nose to Maranay’s.

“Why not talk to me? You get outstandings in every class anyway, my dearest.” His warm breath, which smelled of chocolate frogs, rushed over her. Maranay moved her head forward, just enough so her lips brushed his, “Yes, but, if I want to be an Auror I need to keep my grades that way, Darling, just by thinking about you I lose two counts.” She kissed him softly before standing and leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapters will be short, thats to add for the fact that this is a long story. i thank you for reading and truly hope you enjoy. keep a look out for mine and Emberlioness's orig. story "Halfbreeds."