Status: co-writers apply please message me

Tangled in the Great Escape

Guts

I slammed the door behind me, locking it tight. I pulled my hood over my dark hair. As I walked briskly away towards town I heard laughter and yelling behind me. I ducked my head lower, staring at the cracked sidewalk. The heckling grew stronger, I walked faster. Thankfully the sound soon subsided and I continued my journey.

''You're late, again'' my boss cooed, Selena always tried to convey her criticisms in a loving manner, however the annoyance in her voice was starting to become apparent.
''I'm sorry, I got caught up'' I replied my voice low and quick, she nodded in understanding. For a moment she seemed to lose focus but after a moment or two clapped her small hands together and bundled me behind the wide bar.
The night was slow, I continued my routine as I did every night. Tequila, Lemon, put out salt, Cocktails, orders, shots. Customers filed in and left. Some new faces, but mostly the same fifty somethings playing cards or chatting loudly in spanish.
I looked up at the clock behind me, it was getting dark. I needed to leave soon. Grabbing my coat and waving to Selena I rushed out of the cozy restaurant into the harsh streets.
I kept my eyes to the ground. But tried my best to look confident, unafraid. In reality I was crumbling inside.
Before I knew it I heard the awfully familiar sound of heavy footsteps. I hoped it was just a jogger, or a bar crawler, but I knew that I wasn't going to get lucky this time.
''Mamacita !!'' One of the voices called, his slimy tone made me want to curl up on the floor and convulse.
Their cat calls and slurs grew more intense, I walked briskly. Walking turned to jogging, which in turn led to sprinting.
The gang laughed at me, they easily bounded towards me, I gagged at the overpowering cologne they'd obviously pickled in. They muttered to each other in spanish. Unfortunately I understood every word, I wish I hadn't.
Two of them grabbed my arms, they were only young, late teens probably, yet they were bearing prison tattoos and several gold teeth.
They ran their filthy hands along my cheeks, I scanned the streets, empty. I knew people were lurking in the shadows, behind their curtains. Staring, any other town maybe someone would be willing to help. Not here, everyone knew who I was, my past. My enemies, people knew that if they defended me they would become a target too. Just like my family.
''You tried to run..from me...why ever would you do that Gata ? '' unfortunately they were well aware of who I was.
I bit my lip, in times like this I found that I'd get off with a lot worse if I stayed silent.
Seeing my refusal to look at them, a hand quickly raised up and slapped me hard. A thick ring dug hard into my skin, I felt blood quickly roll down my cheek. I closed my eyes and gave in, if I fought back I'd be hurt more, or worse.

After a few more hits had been thrown, the group became startled. Several members ran off, leaving the three I'd become to know best.
A new voice yelled at the teens, he spoke quickly in spanish. The group fired insults at the newbie, their grip on my arm tightened.
After a few more rushed profanities the assholes shoved me to the ground and rushed off.

''oh shit'' the voice from before said, ''shit man are you okay?''
I struggled to lift my head, I could see my blood running into my hands. The streetlight above me blinded me a little, I couldn't see this stranger who had just dug himself his own grave.
I shook my head. The less time I spent with this guy the better, I couldn't involve anyone else in this pathetic 'war', a 'war' which I played no part in directly, but was roped into a 'war' which left me half unconscious on the sidewalk in the dark.

As I started to stumble to my feet a strong arm grab my elbow. ''Hey where ya goin' ? '' the boy quizzed. My eyes glanced over his arm, many tattoos decorated it. I couldn't see what they were but I was enchanted. I snapped to my senses as he cleared his throat.
''Hi-me !!! Hi-me come help me man'' He called over to what I assumed was his open front door.

His attention quickly returned to me, I was still being supported by his hand, if he let go I guessed I would probably fall straight back to the floor. s
''woah shit ! You're a girl'' He said shocked as my hood dropped from my head.
Another guy soon joined his side, I could see his silhouette, he had spiked huge hair, and a few visible tattoos. My head dropped to the ground again, all I could see now was two pairs of black vans.
My vision started to warp and sway. One of the boys saw and quickly scooped me up, my head rested on his chest, I felt him talk quickly, his voice possessed a startled tone. My eyes fell closed.
Soon I felt soft fabric beneath me, the space near my feet weighed down as someone perched on the edge. My eyes fluttered open, startled. I stared through slit eyes at the boy next to me. His face grim with worry, a phone pressed to his ear. He had a snapback on, and a braid hanging next to his gauged ear. I tried to call out, I began to sit up. Too quickly I suppose because nearly as soon as I pulled myself up I fell right back into the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey hey hey co write ? please :(((