Sequel: Eyelids Slowly Close
Status: Updates come whenever I can get to the computer (:

Everybody's Got a Story

~The Beginning~

*Gerard's POV*

I remember when I was a kid and I got bullied a lot. It hurt knowing that someone wanted to beat me down that bad. I only had a few friends at this point. Only a few people didn't hate me or didn't want to hurt me. I had Eric and Alex. I also had Ash. Three people. That's all. I would go over to Eric's house a lot when I was little, but as I got a little bit older. I realized I had feelings for him. It was silly of me to have these feelings, but I did. I stopped coming to his house and made up excuses at to why I shouldn't come when he invited me. I didn't want to tell him I was gay, because I was afraid I could lose my best friend. I met Alex in the seventh grade. He's know since then. For some reason I had felt more comfortable telling him than anyone else. He didn't make any jokes at me or get mad for me liking the same gender. He just stayed. He's been my friend ever since. We all live in Chicago. We're all seniors in high school. I live with my mother, step-father, and younger sister Sarah. I was born in raised here. It's quite lovely. I get beat on a lot at school for being gay. I've always thought about just leaving the city in my car and never coming back. I would feel too selfish doing that though. I couldn't ever think of leaving Sarah. She's only 14 and has no one really. My older brother Danny left a while ago and it really messed our family up. I had thought about telling my parents I was gay, but I didn't want to disappoint them any more than they already have been. I started spending less time with friends and more time by myself. That's when the cutting started. No one had to ask why I wore long sleeves, because it was already cold outside. No one really cared at this point.

~~

I haven't talked to Eric in at least a week. I don't know why. I stay in the library at lunch and watch as people walk by. I know they're staring at me. Someone I didn't know came up to the window and just stared at me. I had no clue who they are or why they were staring at me. I tried not to look and just focused on my books. I looked back up at the window and no one was there. I turned back and saw someone pulling out a chair beside me. I had no idea who this stranger was or why he wanted to even be near me, but for some reason... It felt nice to be noticed.
"Hey." He spoke with a soft voice.
"Hi." I smiled up at him.
"I didn't mean to stare. Or to bother you." He scratched the back of his head. "I just thought you could use some company."
"Oh." I spoke. "Yeah. Some company would be nice."
"You really don't mind?" He asked calmly.
"Yeah. I don't mind." I smiled again. "What's your name?" I was curious to know about the boy that was staring at me.
"I'm Randall."
"Well then Randall. I'm Gerard, but you can call me whatever you want."
"Alright." He smiled shyly down at the table. "Nice to meet you Gerard."
"You too."

~~

After sitting in the library with Randall for lunch.
We realized we had 4 of the same classes. Two of them were before lunch and two were after.
We ended up sitting next to each other in the classes and became friends rather quickly. He agreed to come to my house after our classes were through.
I texted my mom and told her she didn't need to pick me up, because I found a ride.
We met up at Randall's car.
I hopped in the car with Randall and we drove off.
We arrived at my house shortly after I gave him the directions and we got out.
We made our way to the front door and walked in the house.
The bus usually arrived to the house before I did. Seeing as how the buses were given the privilege to leave the lot of the school first. I figured Sarah would already be home. I was correct.
Sarah was the only one home and she of course made her remarks like she always does when she saw Randall.
"Is that your boyfriend?" Sarah giggled.
I blushed slightly and glared at her. "No Sarah. He's just a friend."
She giggled again and smiled. "Where's mom?"
"Randall drove me home today."
"Okay. I'll be here if you need me." She smiled again as she gestured towards the sofa.
We went into my room and played PS3.
My parents came home about an hour later and I heard someone come upstairs.
"Who's your friend?"
"Randall." I said plainly to Jim.
My mom walked up behind Jim and said hello to us.
"Who's your friend, hunny?"
"This is Randall." I smiled at my mom.
"Nice to meet you Randall." My mom smiled back at us and pulled the door shut as she pulled him away.
"They seem nice." Randall spoke.
"Yup." I said and reached over to grab a drink from my mini fridge and felt my sleeve pull up. I quickly grabbed my arm and pulled the sleeve back down. I turned back at Randall. He was staring at me with this completely shocked look.
"I'm sorry." I spoke quickly and stood up so I was facing the window instead of him.
"It's okay." He spoke and walked toward me. He pulled my arm lightly so that I would turn toward him. I just followed lead and before I knew it, he had me wrapped in his arms. I felt a warm tear trickle down my face. "Hey hey hey. Don't cry." He pulled back slightly so he could look at me.
"I didn't mean for you to see that." I spoke quickly and wiped the tears from my eyes.
"No. It's fine. I'm guessing no one knows besides me?"
"You guessed right." I laughed bitterly. "No one would care anyway."
"I could change that." He smiled down at me.
"Where have you been all my life?" We both laughed and I hugged him again.

~~

Randall had gone home shortly after that and I told him I would see him in 2nd period tomorrow.

~~

My mom dropped me off at school and I walked through the school hallways so I could put my things in my locker. I threw my backpack in it and made sure I had the books I needed. I began to walk to my first class when I bumped into someone. Luckily I had only dropped one book and they hadn't dropped anything. I refused to look into their eyes and retrieved my book. I stood up and the person was just staring down at me. I looked up and realized it was Eric.
"Oh. I-I." I looked back down as I was searching for words. "Sorry." I spoke once more.
"Jer." He spoke in a calm voice. I really did miss that nickname.
I looked back up into his deep brown eyes. I've missed the sight of him.
"I should get going. I'm gonna be late for my first class." I attempted to walk away.
Eric grabbed me and pulled me over to the side of the lockers so we wouldn't be standing right in the middle of the hallway like we were before.
"Can we talk?" His voice almost sounded like a plea.
"There's nothing to say." I looked down at my feet.
"Please Jerry." He spoke and gently lifted up my chin.
"Fine." I spoke. Looking him right in the eyes. He had bags under his eyes and looked as if he was crying. "Eric." The bell rang and we were the only two left in the hallway. "Are you okay?"
"I-It's my mom." He stuttered out.
"Oh. Hey C'mere." I spoke and pulled him into a hug. "Let's get out of here." I began pulling him out of the nearest door and toward his car. We just sat there. We didn't go anywhere. I turned my body toward him and began speaking again. "What happened to her?"
"She." he paused and wiped his eyes. "She has cancer."
"Oh." There was so much more I wanted to say, but I couldn't find the words to. "I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault Jer."
"I don't like seeing you in pain." I whispered back.
"Oh shut up. I'm being stupid. Let's get out of here." Eric laughed as he threw his arms up dramatically.
"Alright then sir. Where ever shall we be going, royal prince of shit town!?" I shouted back just as dramatically as he had done.
"Wherever the road takes us!" We laughed as he started the car and pulled out of the school parking lot. I forgot how fun it was to be around Eric. It was nice to be sharing this moment with him. Even if it was a moment of grief.
We pulled up to a parking lot and Eric parked the car. I got out and gestured Eric to follow me. He did as he was told and followed after me. We walked over to a small diner and went in.
"Sire." I laughed as I opened the door for him.
"Why thank you." He looked me straight in the face then laughed again.
We sat in the corner of the diner and just chatted. Keeping all conversations astray from his mother.
"Do you want to come back to my place? No ones home and we could play some PS3."
"Sure. Sounds nice."
We completed our meals and payed before leaving. We walked back to the car silently and drove to my house. When we arrived we went straight to my room and played Call Of Duty like I said we would.

~~

I spent the day with Eric in my room as we talked about stupid things. Like drama at school, peoples girlfriends and boyfriends and stuff that we always would talk about. It was as if we had never even been apart.
"You can stay here tonight if you want to." I spoke quietly as we laid side by side on my bed looking up at the ceiling.
"Really?"
"Of course you can." I looked at him. "Why would you think I wouldn't let you?"
"You've just been avoiding me lately."
"Oh really Eric? I've been avoiding you?"
"Well yes." Eric sighed. "You barely even speak to me anymore. Ever since I started going out with Vivienne." I froze and avoided eye contact with him.
"She has nothing to do with it." I lied.
"Jer. You know I can tell when you're lying."
I sat up and got off the bed. "After you two got together. I felt like you wanted nothing to do with me." I spoke in a quiet tone that I knew Eric could still hear.
"You're my best friend Jerry."
"It hasn't felt like that lately."
"I'm sorry. I hope you do know that we did break up though."
"Why?"
"She was a bitch." Eric laughed and smiled at me from across the room.
"She really was." I smiled back at him. "Eric." I spoke after a long pause.
"What?"
"I have something I need to tell you."
"What do you need to tell me?"
"Um. I don't want you to be mad at me and I don't want you to hate me."
"I could never hate you Jerry.
"Um I um I am um."
"Get on with it. Tell me."
"I'm gay." I spoke and turned away from Eric.
"Really? Is that all."
"What do you mean is that all?" I spun around to look at him.
"I already knew that Jer." Eric laughed and got up from the bed. "You're so obvious. I knew you were gay since we were in like 7th grade. I saw the way you would look at Alex." He laughed again. "Did you really think I would hate you if I knew?"
"Kind of." I looked down and then back up at him.
"Well then. I'm sorry I made you feel like that."
"No no no. It's not your fault. It's just my parents. If I ever told them." I sighed and looked down once more. "They would want me dead if they knew. You should hear the way they talk about gay people. It's horrid."
"Don't worry. I don't hate you." Eric smiled and pulled me into a warm hug.
"So you're still staying tonight?"
"Of course I am."

~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmaiigosh :3 It's so long and there is still more to come ^-^ Alrighty.... Enjoy (:
Tell me what you think ^-^ And if you like it... Ask for more (: