Sequel: Eyelids Slowly Close
Status: Updates come whenever I can get to the computer (:

Everybody's Got a Story

Break Up, Break Up

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

The phone started to ring and I ran to pick it up.
"Hello?"
"Hey it's Jim. Your mom is awake." I could practically see his smile through the phone. It had been 6 days since the accident. Six days since she's been awake.
"I'll be there in twenty minutes!" I said and hung up.
I quickly ran outside, locking the door behind me. I hailed a cab and frantically spoke so I could get to the hospital quicker. Randall wasn't there with me. He had gone home the previous night. I arrived at the hospital in twenty minutes like I said I would. I got out of the cab and ran inside. I made my way to my moms room and opened the door.
"Get this man out of here!" I heard my mom yelling.
I walked in and looked at her.
"Mom? Are you okay?"
"Gerard? You look so grown." So grown?
"Mom. What are you talking about?"
"You look so old."
"Well I wouldn't say old. I'm only 18."
"18?" A confused look crossed her face.
"Yeah. My birthday was in the summer. I turned 18. Don't you remember?" I felt confused as well.
"Baby. Who is this man?" She asked pointing to Jim.
"That's Jim. He's your husband."
"What is this? Some stupid Nicholas Sparks film?" Jim said.
"Danielle. We need you to stay calm." A nurse spoke up.
"Stay calm? Where's Luke."
Luke was my fathers name.
I looked at her and started to cry.
She was in a coma for 6 days and still thinks he's alive. What kind of hell am I living in?
"Mom." I said quietly.
"Why are you crying, sweetheart?"
"Dad is dead." I choked out.
I quickly left the room and stood outside. I slid down the wall and hugged my knees. I was shaking and I couldn't see right. I cried more and more and felt a pair of arms wrap around me.
"It's okay, Gerard." Jim spoke softly. He kissed my head and I cried more.
"No it's not." I said through sobs.
"At least she knew who you were." Jim whispered and rubbed my arm. "When she woke up she smiled at me. Then I tried to kiss her and she pushed me and told me to stay away from her. She doesn't even know who I am."
I moved my arms so that they were wrapped around Jim.
"I think I'm gonna call Randall to pick me up."
I sighed and moved my arms. We both stared straight ahead at the wall.
"I'm scared." Those were the last two words I ever expected to hear from Jim. I looked at him and replied truthfully.
"Me too." I sighed and stood up. I held out my hand for Jim and helped him up. "We should go back in there."
He stood up and we walked back into the room. My mother looked like she had been crying. She looked at me and gave a sad smile.
"I'm sorry, Hun." She said to me.
"Don't apologize, mama."
I smiled and sat beside her on the bed. I held her hand and looked at her.
"My baby. When did you get so old?"
"Didn't know I was old." I smiled. "Well mom. This is Jim."
"Hi." She smiled and I could see the blush on her cheeks. "I'm really sorry for yelling at you."
"Don't worry about. It can count as the first real fight we've ever had during our entire marriage." He laughed.
"First fight?" She looked at me. "Is he really that great?"
I looked back at Jim and smiled then looked back to my mom.
"Yeah. He really is that great."
She looked at me like she remembered something. This flash of fear went across her face.
"Your brother. He left."
"Yeah. And he came back. Not too long ago. Took him three years to come back, but he's back."
"Where's Sarbear?"
"She's at home with Jim's sister."
"Where's Danny?"
"He's staying at my place."
"Your place?"
"Yeah I moved out about a month ago."
"Oh dear." She looked confused. "You're gay." She said it like she just now remembered it.
"Yeah." I chuckled.
"Randall." She said. "Randall. Who's Randall?"
"My boyfriend." I said nervously.
"Mom look at Jim and tell me you don't remember him."
She looked at him and then back at me.
"I'm sorry. I'm just really tired. I'd like to get some sleep if you two don't mind." She said and laid down, facing away from both of us.
"Bye mom." I whispered and kissed her head.
I walked over to Jim and hugged him. "It's okay. She'll remember." I attempted to reassure him.
"I hope so." He said quietly and hugged me back.
We left the room and said our goodbyes.
I walked to the parking lot and found another cab.
I gave the address and sat back in the seat.
When I arrived back at the apartment, Randall's car was already there. I smiled and paid the taxi driver.
I walked up to the building and unlocked the door.
"Randall?"
"In the living room." I heard him yell back.
I went into the living room and sat beside him. He instantly wrapped his arm around my shoulder and looked at me, no longer paying attention to the Top Gear episode he was watching.
"Where were you?"
"Hospital." I said quietly.
"What happened?"
"My mom is awake."
"I sense there's some bad news to this."
"Yeah. She has no clue who Jim is."
"Oh wow." He looked stunned.
He wrapped his other arm around me and pulled me close to his chest. "It's okay, Jerry." He whispered to me.
I stayed quiet and held in my tears.
"It's okay to cry, babe." He said quietly.
I choked on a sob and said "I know." Then began bawling my eyes out.
Randall scooped me up in his arms and carried me to the bedroom. He set me on the bed gently and walked over to the other side and laid beside me.
I turned towards him and wrapped my arms around him.
He kissed my head and I cried more.
"Gerard?" A voice called out in the hallway.
I sat up and wiped my eyes. I knew it was Eric and he was probably worried.
"I'm in my room." I said.
He walked in and ran up to me. He gave me a hug and looked at me. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah."
"I'm so sorry about what happened to your mom."
"It's okay." I choked out. "Can I talk to you?"
"Yeah."
"Let's go in the living room." I said as I got up. "I'll be right back, Randall." I left the room and sat on the futon next to Eric.
I placed my legs on his lap and laid my head on his shoulder.
He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and said, "What's up?"
"It's so hard."
"What is?"
"Living. Breathing." I said quietly.
"What do you mean, Gerard?"
I gently pulled up my sleeve and showed the scars on it.
I started to cry again.
He gently pulled me into his chest and kissed my head.
"I love you, Gerard. You know that right?"
I shook my head yes.
"And you know that it would break me if you left. You've been my best friend since we were babies. I couldn't live a day without you, Gerard. Please listen to what I'm saying. I love you, because you don't care about what anyone else thinks. You just do what you do and go on with it. I love you, because when I never got a brother I got something better. You."
"Sap." I laughed and cried.
He kissed my forehead and said, "I know. It's a problem I must deal with right away, sire." I giggled and picked my head up.
"Don't even start with your medieval shit, because I think your mind goes to another place and I can't even talk to you for another 3 hours in a serious tone after that." I tried to stay strict, but laughed a couple times.
"But sire."
"Don't but sire me."
He laughed and ruffled my hair.
"I'm tired." I said quietly and laid my head on his chest again.
"Go to sleep then."
"Mmkay." I mumbled and fell asleep right there.

*Randall's P.O.V.*

"Guess he isn't coming back." I smiled at the site I saw on the futon when I walked into the living room.
I see Gerard's sleeve slightly pulled up and sit beside them to fix it. "You don't have to hide it. He told me."
"He doesn't like them showing. Not even around me."
I leaned over and kissed Gerard's forehead.
"Want me to take him to the room?" Eric asked me.
"Yeah if you want to." I smiled and stood up.
He stood up still cradling Gerard and made his way to the bedroom. I followed after him and helped him cover up Gerard.
We left the room and went back into the living room.
"I should go. Tell him to call me when he wakes up."
"Yeah. Can do. See you later, dude."
"Bye." He said and walked down the hall. I heard the door click and turned the TV on.
I watched TV and waited for Gerard to wake back up.
He had been sleeping for an hour than came out of the bedroom.
"I need some coffee." He mumbled and walked past me and into the kitchen. I laughed and stood up, following him into the other room. He made some coffee and waited for it to brew.
He turned towards me with tired eyes and sighed heavily.
"Come here." I said softly and held out my arms.
He came up to me slowly and buried his head in my chest.
"You must think I'm the biggest idiot." He laughed sarcastically.
"Never." I fake gasped.
He smiled up at me.
"How did I ever get so lucky?"
"I'm not that great."
"Shut up. Yes you are." He leaned up and kissed my cheek.
I blushed slightly and looked at him. "I think I'm the lucky one."
"Yeah I am pretty great." He giggled.
"Oh definitely." I leaned down and kissed him. "You're the greatest."
"You're so cheesy." He smiled and kissed me again.
"I love you, Jerry."
"I love you too, Kirby."

*Eric's P.O.V.*

I tried calling Danny and sighed when it went straight to voicemail. I shoved my phone back in my pocket and went to the diner that Danny loves.
I sat at a barstool and waited for someone to take my order. A lady walked up and looked at me.
"What can I get you, honey?"
"Can I get a burger and a coke?"
"Anything else?"
"No. That's it."
I looked down and pulled out my phone again.
I dialed Danny's number and listened to it ring.
It went to the voicemail again and I rubbed my eyes.
"You okay?" The lady asked as she came back. She set the coke down in front of me.
"Yeah." I set my phone on the counter.
"Girl problems?" She asked.
I chuckled nervously and said, "Guy."
I looked up at her, blushing slightly.
"I know you." She said.
"Well i've come in here a few times."
"With Danny." She said with a smile.
"Yeah. With Danny. How do you know him?"
"He used to come in here all the time with his brother and dad. He was actually here a little bit ago."
"Really?"
"Yeah. He said he was going to the hospital to visit his mom." She answered.
"That explains why he hasn't been answering his phone."
"Oh. He's the guy?" She seemed surprised.
"Yeah." I blushed.
"Why don't I get you your burger to go and you can go get him."
"Yeah. Sure." I smiled.
She grabbed a to go box and handed it to me."
I put the burger in the box and stood up.
"Thank you."
"Don't mention it, sweet pea."
I continued smiling and went back outside.
I got in my car and made my way to the hospital.
Gerard had told me about what happened, but I hadn't been there to see his mother. If I'm being completely honest. Hospitals terrify me. I took a deep breath and walked through the doors. I walked up to the front desk and looked at the lady.
"How may I help you?" She asked sweetly.
"I'm looking for Danielle Porter's room."
"Are you family?"
"No, but I'm just a close friend."
"Alright one moment please."
The girl started dialing numbers then looked at me.
I could only here her side of the conversation.
"Yes. There's a young man here to see you."
She looked at me. "What's your name?"
"Eric Cole."
"He said his name is Eric Cole."
She listened to what Danielle was saying.
"Yeah okay. Sure. I'll send him up."
I looked at her and she smiled sweetly again.
"She on the fourth floor in room 4G."
"Thank you so much." I smiled back and walked to the elevator clicking the 4.
I made my way down the hall and knocked on the door.
"Come in." Dani said.
I walked in the room and Danielle was sitting up in the bed looking at me.
"Hey mama." I came up and hugged her.
"I'm guessing you're not just here for me." She said and looked to Danny.
"Yeah he kinda went off the grid and hasn't called me or seen me since Tuesday. And seeing as how it's Friday. I was a little bit worried about him."
"No worries. He's been telling me all about you guys. It's sweet really." She smiled at me.
"Thanks." I blushed.
"You can wake him up if you want. He's been here a while. Brought me some real food then passed out." She laughed.
"Sounds like Danny."
I pulled a chair beside him and shook him gently.
"Daniel." I whispered in his ear.
He moved his head and groaned.
"Dan." I whispered again, but a little bit louder.
He moved his hand up and itched his ear.
"Daniel. Wake up." I whispered again.
He slowly opened his eyes and looked around.
"Hey you." I smiled at him.
"Hey." He smiled back, still half asleep.
"Mom. Did Jim come back at all?"
"No."
"When do they release you, mama?" I asked.
"Tomorrow if everything runs smoothly."
"That's great." I smiled and grabbed her hand.
"Yeah it's great besides the fact that I can't remember my own husband dying or getting remarried."
"You don't know who Jim is?"
"Well I know who he is. I just don't know who. He. Is." She said each word slowly. "I just wish my Lucas was here. He would know what to do."
"Mom. I'm sorry for leaving."
"Don't apologize. You're here now and that's what matters."
"How did he die?" She had a sad look on her face.
"He. He killed himself and it was all my fault." Danny cried into the palms of his hands.
"It wasn't your fault sweetheart."
"Yes it was. I left then he killed himself. I should've just stayed and told him. We wouldn't even be here right now if I didn't fucking leave." Danny stood up quickly and ran out of the room.
I stood up and apologized. I quickly followed him out of the room and found him down the hall after he bumped into my mom. He was crying in her arms. I walked up to the two of them and patted Danny's back gently.
"It's all my fault."
"It's not your fault, Daniel." I said quietly.
"I should've stayed. I should've never left. This is all my fault."
"Daniel. Look at me." My mother said.
He did as he was told and looked at her with tear stained cheeks.
"Yes. You should've stayed. A lot of people wish that you didn't ever leave, but you did. And you know what. You came back. And now we all have the chance to love you more and make sure you never leave again."
He wrapped his arms around her and cried more.
"I'm sorry."
"Don't apologize, honey. It's all in the past."
"I'm sorry Mama C."
"Shh." She kissed his head and he calmed down slightly. "Now go to your boyfriend before I'm late back to my shift." She gave him a gentile smile and he gave her one last hug.
She hugged me then looked at Danny and said. "Why don't you come over for dinner tonight."
"Sure." He smiled and I wrapped my arms around him.
"Bye mom."
"Bye guys."
We walked down the hallway and into the family waiting room.
I got him some water and we sat down.
"Thanks." He said quietly.
"Why didn't you answer my calls?"
"My phone died." He said quietly and laid his head on my shoulder. "I've been here the whole time. Except for when I went to eat."
I laid my head on top of his and reached for his hand.
"I think I'm gonna head back to Gerard's. I can't stand being here anymore."
"Want me to come with you?"
"No. I think I'm just gonna go sleep."
"Alright. I'm gonna go home then."
I moved and he lifted his head.
"Bye Daniel." I quickly left the room and began to walk down the hallway. I walked towards the exit and stuffed my hands in my pockets.
"Eric wait!" I heard Danny running up behind me. I stopped and turned around.
"What."
"Please don't be mad at me, but-"
"Are you breaking up with me?"
"I just. I think it's what's best. We can still be friends, right?"
"I'm sorry. I need to go home. I'll tell my mom that dinner is off." I left as quickly as I could and found my car in the parking lot.

1 week later *Danny's P.O.V.*

Gerard came in the room and sat beside me.
"Hey Danny."
"Hi." I said quietly and continued looking at the magazine I was skimming through.
"How come Eric hasn't come over. He's usually always here when you are."
"We broke up." I said quietly.
"What?" Gerard sounded like he didn't believe me.
"I said we broke up." I said calmly and stood up.
I went into the room that Gerard was allowing me to stay in and laid on the bed.
I heard Gerard walk up to the door, but didn't see him, because I was facing away.
"I'm sorry." He said quietly and I heard his footsteps retreat.

*Eric's P.O.V.*

"Hello?" I spoke as I answered my phone.
"Hey you wanna come over?" Gerard asked on the other end.
"Can't." I lied.
"Great. So blow off your best friend, because you broke up with my brother." Gerard sounded angry.
"I'm not the one that broke up with him. He dumped me."
"What?" He sounded confused. "Why?!"
"I don't know. Go ask your brother."
Gerard sighed. "He locked himself in his room. He won't come out and he's acting like a child."
"Well I'm sorry, but I'm not with him anymore. He made his choice and we're through. Okay, Gerard!"
"I I'm sorry." His voice was shaking.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell."
"N-no it's okay. I uh. Bye, Eric."
He hung up before I had a chance to say another word.
I sighed and went to get my jacket. I put it on and said goodbye to my mother before leaving the house.
I got in my car and drove to Gerard's apartment.
I knocked on the door and gave my best smile to Gerard when he opened the door.
He looked away from me.
"Gerard please. Give me twenty minutes to talk to him."
"Twenty minutes." He said and moved away.
I walked up to him and hugged him.
I let go and started walking down the hallway. I looked back at him. "You're the best. Love you." I smiled again and walked into Danny's room.
I slowly walked up to the bed and kicked my shoes off. I laid beside Danny and started to brush my fingers through his hair.
He turned around slowly and looked at me.
"Why are you here?"
"Because I love you."
"But. I. I broke up with you."
"I know."
"Then why are you really here?"
"Gerard told me that you wouldn't come out of your room. And I may have worried about you a little bit."
He looked down and sighed.
"Look. I just don't understand why you broke up with me."
"I don't either. I think. I think I thought it would be a good idea, but clearly I was wrong." He laughed sarcastically.
"You think?"
"Yeah. Definitely. I'm really sorry, Eric."
"Don't apologize, Danny."
He snuggled up to my chest and breathed in.
"I missed you."
"As much as I missed you too. I think you should go shower."
He smiled at me and kissed me.
"When was the last time you showered?"
"I dunno." He shrugged.
I laughed and kissed him again.
"Go shower. I'll be waiting for you."
He kissed me one more time and ran out of the room.
I laid on the bed and waited for him to return.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh. Um. Hi. Well.... Here it is.. I'll update the others soon. Sorry I never update them :p I will soon though. I promise (:
Title credit to All Time Low :3
K bai. Love you guys xxx