A Girl & Her Fallen Angel

Lazarus Rising

I sighed grabbing another beer from the fridge taking a few sips after opening it. Bobby and I had been going crazy trying to track Sam down. Ever since Dean got dragged to hell things went downhill. Bobby was the one that called me since I had been off on my own hunting. I never even knew that my brother was in trouble until it was too late. I still regret walking out that door that winter night to go off on my own. My brothers thought that I should be left behind on hunts so I wouldn't get hurt. Our father had done the same thing. He would drop me off at Bobby's and take the boys' to go hunting.

"Yeah?" Bobby's gruff voice brought me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?" he seems confused by the caller.

"Who's me?" Bobby is visibly annoyed now as he asks. He slams the phone down angry. Our eyes connect and I clearly look confused. Just as Bobby is about to explain the phone rings again.

"Who is this?" Bobby nearly growls into the receiver.

"This ain't funny. Call again, I'll kill ya." Bobby spits angrily into the phone before slamming the receiver back down once more.

"Who the hell was that?" I asked intrigued.

"Some old hunter I knew." Bobby says clearly wrapped up in his own thoughts.

I sighed looking back at the various textbooks in front of me. I hadn't seen a case for months and I was bored to say the least. I flipped through a couple pages sighing and then turning back to the page I was previously on. Bobby had me researching random monsters to occupy my time. I thought back to when Sammy and I used to do research together. Dean would call us nerds as he cleaned his various weapons gearing up for the hunt. One time Dean and Dad were going out to hunt a Shapeshifter and I was so terrified that one of them would come back as a Shapeshifter that Dad had to leave me with Bobby for two weeks. Finally Dean got through to me and showed me that he wasn't a damn shapeshifter by cutting himself with a silver blade. I knew that Shapeshifters couldn't be touched with silver so I believed him.

"What you can't answer a damn door now?" Bobby grumbled walking by me.

"Huh?" I was jostled from my thoughts and stood up from my chair. Bobby opened the door and standing there was Dean...my dead brother.

"Surprise." Dean looked a little sheepish.

"I, I don't..." Bobby couldn't finish his sentence. I slipped my knife from my hip holster ready to strike.

"Yeah me neither. But here I am." Dean said walking into the kitchen.

Quicker than I thought possible Bobby, pounced knife in hand, ready to end this creatures life. Dean...or the thing that looked like Dean grabbed Bobby's hand twisting it backwards and successfully disarming Bobby. I didn't think twice before lunging at the creature going for the throat. He caught my arm squeezing until I released my weapon. I got a right hook in before he retreated closer to the door.

"Guys' it's me!" Dean said pleading.

"My ass!" Bobby growled. Dean managed to put a chair between us in case we attacked again.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Your name is Robert Steven Singer. You became a hunter after your wife got possessed, and... you're about the closest thing I have to a father. Bobby. It's me. And Jesus Jamie you think you would know your own brother." Dean said glancing between Bobby and I.

I grabbed a knife off the counter lunging again for Dean. He caught me and disarmed me keeping the knife this time.

"I'm not a shapeshifter!" Dean cried.

"Then you're a Revenant!" Bobby said.

"Alright. If I was either, could I do this – with a silver knife?" Dean asked sliding the silver blade across his forearm. A line of blood trickled down his arm.

"Dean?" my voice was thick as I was now crying heavily.

"Jamie!" Dean grabbed me into a massive hug. I stepped out of our hug sniffling with tears still streaming out of my eyes.

"It's... It's good to see you, boy." Bobby said stepping forward and quickly hugging dean.

"Yeah, you too." Dean sounded a little choked up but hid it well.

"But... how did you bust out?" Bobby asked.

"I don't know. I just, uh, I just woke up in a pine box..." Dean began to explain when Bobby unexpectedly splashed holy water in his face. Dean turned his head to the side spitting most of it out.

"I'm not a demon either, you know." Dean said looking at Bobby accusingly.

"Sorry. Can't be too careful." Bobby said looking sheepish.

We all walked into the living room to sit down and talk more. I grabbed two more beers out of the fridge and handed them to the two men.

"Dean. Your chest was ribbons, your insides were slop. And you've been buried four months. Even if you could slip out of hell and back into your meat suit -" Bobby started saying.

"I know, I should look like a Thriller video reject." Dean sounded just as confused as Bobby.

"What do you remember?" I asked looking up at my big brother pacing the floor.

"Not much. I remember I was a Hellhound's chew toy, and then... lights out. Then I come to six feet under, that was it. (BOBBY sits.) Sam's number's not working. He's, uh... he's not..." Dean couldn't finish his sentence.

"Oh, he's alive. As far as I know." Bobby responded taking a drink.

"Good.... Wait, what do you mean, as far as you know?" Dean asked his temper rising.

"We haven't talked to him for months." I said sighing and standing up from the couch.

"You're kidding, you just let him go off by himself?" Dean growled.

"He was dead set on it." Bobby said sternly.

"We didn't let him do anything. You know he has a mind of his own Dean." I said putting my hand on my brothers shoulder. He shrugged it off too upset.

"Look it hasn't exactly been easy around here lately." Bobby said motioning to all the empty alcohol containers.

"We buried you." I said shivering not wanting to remember but the memory creeping in.

"Why did you bury me, anyway?" Dean asked after taking a drink of his beer.

"I wanted you salted and burned. Usual drill. But... Sam wouldn't have it." Bobby said shrugging.

"Well, I'm glad he won that one." Dean chuckled lightly.

"He said you'd need a body when he got you back home somehow. That's about all he said." I said piping up.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked putting his beer down instantly suspicious.

"He was quiet. Real quiet. And then he just took off. Wouldn't return my calls. I tried to find him, but he didn't want to be found."

"Oh, damnit, Sammy." Dean said looking pained.

"What?" Bobby and I asked at the same time.

"Oh, he got me home okay. But whatever he did, it is bad mojo." Dean said taking off his jacket and rolling up his shirt sleeve to reveal a hand mark scar. It looked as though someone grabbed him. I gasped walking closer and lightly touching the scar.

"It was like a demon just yanked me out. Or rode me out." Dean said his mouth turning down at the corners.

"But why?" I asked still confused.

"To hold up their end of the bargain." Dean said looking straight at me.

"You think Sam made a deal." Bobby stated already knowing the answer.

"It's what I would have done." Dean said.

"Well shit. When we find him I am so going to kick his ass from here to kingdom come!" I huffed now pacing the floor.

"Don't flip I know how to track his phone." Dean said picking up my cell phone from the kitchen table and dialing a number.

"Yeah, hi, I have a cell phone account with you guys, and uh, I lost my phone. I was wondering if you could turn the GPS on for me. Yeah. Name's Wedge Antilles. Social is 2-4-7-4. Thank you." Dean smirked as he hung up the phone. He opens my laptop and goes to the ArcMobile website.

"How'd you know he'd use that name?" Bobby asks surprised.

"You kiddin' me? What don't I know about that kid?" Dean laughed.

"Sam's in Pontiac, Illinois." Dean clarifies as he writes an address down quickly.

"But...that's where you were...buried." I said my hand coming to cover my mouth. Could my brother really have made a deal? He should know how much pain Dean's deal cost us all.

"Sort of a coincidence that I popped out right there too." Dean said rolling his eyes.

"Lets go pay that idgit a visit." Bobby said sighing as he grabbed his keys.

We all piled in Bobby's car and raced to our destination. The whole car ride there I was thinking of the different ways I could hurt my brother for being so damn stupid. You would think our family had had enough of making deals with demons, apparently not. I sighed sinking down into my seat and contemplating what I should do.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Chapter one!
If you've never seen Supernatural some of this stuff might confuse you. I'll do my best to give as much background information as I can.

Comment!!!! Tell me what you think!

XOXOXOX