A Girl & Her Fallen Angel

How Is This Possible Part 2

"Adam?" I breathe out not really believing my own eyes.

"Hello Jamie. You never thought you would see me again huh? Not after you let that vamp use me as a snack!" he growled.

"I didn't..." I started but he interrupted me.

"What you didn't know it would happen? Bullshit! You used me as bait for a vampire!" he snarled stepping closer to me.

"Adam I didn't use you as bait! You were in the wrong place at the wrong time!" I said defending myself. With a growl Adam flew at me throwing me backwards into the kitchen table. I slide over the table and my head hit the wall on the way to the floor. I groaned but started to get up. Adam picked me up and slammed me into the wall I had just hit. Adam was gone in a whirl of smoke as Bobby swung the fire poker through his body. Iron makes ghosts disappear and gives you a couple seconds to regroup.

"You ok kid?" Bobby asks helping me to the living room.

"Bobby!" Dean yells bursting in through the kitchen side door. Sam and Dean walk in to see Bobby wiping blood from a small gash on my head.

"Are you two alright?" Dean asks walking over to inspect the damage.

"I think so..." I say trailing off.

"I don't know what the hell is going on, but we need to stop it!" Dean said looking at Bobby.

"There was this weird symbol on Adam's wrist. What could bring back revenge ghosts?" I ask looking at Bobby.

"A symbol...Henriksen had one two. I noticed it before he attacked me." Sam said

"Can you draw it?" Bobby asks looking at Sam. Bobby hands Sam and piece of paper and a pen and Sam quickly sketches the symbol I saw.

"That's it!" I say when Sam holds up the paper.

"I think I know what we're dealing with. We got to move." Bobby says picking up some books and walking quickly out of the room and towards the basement. The panic room of course!

"Where are we going?" Dean asks confused that we are going to the basement. We stop at the iron door and Bobby opens it and then has all of us step inside.

"Is this..." Dean begins to ask and trails off.

"Solid iron. Coated in salt. 100% ghost proof." Bobby says nodding his head.

"Awesome!" Dean says noticing the different assault rifles in the corner. We all get to work making salt rounds.

"Found it." Bobby says catching all our attentions.

"What?" Sam asks.

"The symbol you saw -- the brand on the ghosts..." Bobby says trailing off reading still.

"Yeah?" Sam asks probing him to go on.

"Mark of the Witness." Bobby says holding up the book page.

"Witness? Witness to what?" I ask confused.

"The unnatural. None of them died what you'd call ordinary deaths. See, these ghosts...they were forced to rise. They woke up in agony. They were like rabid dogs. It ain't their fault. Someone rose them...on purpose." Bobby says looking at all of us individually.

"Who?" Sam asks trying to think of likely suspects.

"Do I look like I know? But whoever it was used a spell so powerful it left a mark, a brand on their souls. Whoever did this had big plans. It's called "the rising of the witnesses." It figures into an ancient prophecy." Bobby says glancing back at the book.

"Wait, wait. What...what book is that prophecy from?" Dean asks. He looks like he doesn't want to know the answer.

"Well, the widely distributed version's just for tourists, you know. But long story short...Revelations. This is a sign." Bobby says looking scared almost.

"A sign of what?" Sam, Dean, and I say at the same time. I can't help but smirk at our comment that we said in unison.

"The apocalypse." Bobby says. What?!

"Apocalypse? The apocalypse, apocalypse? The four horsemen, pestilence, $5-a-gallon-gas apocalypse?" Dean asks his eyes huge.

"That's the one. The rise of the witnesses is a...a mile marker." Bobby says sighing.

"Okay, so, what do we do now?" I ask trying not to freak out.

"Road trip. Grand Canyon, Star Trek Experience. Bunny Ranch." Dean says totally serious.

"First things first. How about we survive our friends out there?" Bobby asks.

"Great. Any ideas aside from staying in this room until Judgment Day?" Dean asks with a sarcastic smirk on his face.

"It's a spell to send the witnesses back to rest. Should work." Bobby says re-reading the paper in front of him.

"Should. Great." I say standing up and pacing.

"If I translate it correctly. I think I got everything we need here at the house." Bobby says looking up from his paper to me.

"Any chance you got everything we need here in this room?" Dean asks hopeful but already knowing the answer. Nothing is ever that easy!

"So, you thought our luck was gonna start now all of a sudden? Spell's got to be cast over an open fire." Bobby answers.

"The fireplace in the library." Sam says standing up.

"Bingo." Bobby says meeting Sam's gaze.

"That's just not as appealing as a, uh, ghost-proof panic room, you know?" Dean says with a sheepish smile.

"Kitchen. Cutlery drawer. It's got a false bottom. Hemlock, opium, wormwood." Bobby orders looking at me.

"Upstairs, linen closet...red hex box. It'll be heavy." Bobby says directed at Sam.

Sam bounds up the stairs and I turn down a different hallway to the kitchen. I hear a shot go off jumping slightly. I make it to the kitchen and rush to the drawer. I grab the false bottom and throw all the contents onto the floor before grabbing what I was sent for.

"Jamie." a familiar voice says from behind. It's Adam again.

"Adam. I didn't use you as bait!" I say standing my ground. I look past Adam into the library where Dean and Bobby are.

"Jamie!" Dean calls running towards me. The library doors slam closed. Adam rushes be slamming my head against the fridge. I put my gun to his chest and pull the trigger. I grab the hemlock, opium, and wormwood from the floor and force open the doors to the library.

"Are you ok?" Dean asks coming over to check on me.

"I'll be alright. Here." I say handing the stuff to Bobby for the spell. Sam comes back into the room holding the red hex box.
Dean and I put a large salt ring around all of us to keep us safe. Bobby starts the spell and as soon as he starts chanting all the windows blow open quickly removing our salt line. The first to appear is agent Henriksen. Dean shoots him before he can speak. Then two girls appear and I take them out. A girl with medium length brown hair appears and goes for Dean. Sam shoots her before she reaches him. The two little girls appear again and move a desk crushing Sam against the wall.

"Sam!" I yell shooting the girls and making them disappear. A force knocks me backwards over the couch. I get back up to see it was Adam that threw me. I shoot him again and he disappears. Adam appears again pinning me against the wall.

"You deserve to pay!" he screeches reaching into my chest and grabbing my heart.

"Jamie!" Dean yells.

"Help Bobby with the spell!" I cry fighting off Adam. I fire my gun but it's empty. The pain in my chest causes me to fall to my knees. I can hear Bobby getting louder with his chanting and with a bright explosion of light Adam is gone. I get up shaking slightly.

"Oh god Jamie!" Dean shouts running over to me. He helps me get back over the couch and then sits me down. He walks off to the kitchen and returns with a glass of water. My head is pounding and my body aches all over.

"Let's not ever do that again ok?" I say running my hands through my hair.

"I think we can all agree on that." Sam says sitting next to me on the couch.

*Later that night*

I roll over again trying to get comfortable. I sigh knowing I won't be able to get to sleep. I had managed to get rid of my headache but my body was still hurting. I get out of bed and throw on my favorite hoodie before walking out of the guest room and downstairs. Two voices coming from the kitchen causes me to stop.

"I sincerely doubt it, but you need to know. The rising of the witnesses is one of the 66 seals." I hear Castiel tell Dean. What is Castiel doing here?

"Okay. I'm guessing that's not a show at Seaworld." Dean says. I can picture him rolling his eyes.

"Those seals are being broken by Lilith." Castiel says ignoring Dean's comment.

"She did the spell. She rose the witnesses." Dean says catching on.

"Mm-hmm. And not just here. 20 other hunters are dead." Castiel says. I walk down the steps to hear the conversation better.

"Of course. She picked victims that the hunters couldn't save so that they would barrel right after us." I hear Dean say.

"Lilith has a certain sense of humor." I hear Castiel say.

"Well, we put those spirits back to rest." Dean responds.

"It doesn't matter. The seal was broken." Castiel answers back. Broken seals doesn't sound good at all.

"Why break the seal anyway?" Dean asks.

"You think of the seals as locks on a door." Castiel says but doesn't say what they open.

"Okay. Last one opens and..." Dean asks trying to prompt a response.

"Lucifer walks free." Castiel says all calm. I can't help but gasp in shock. Immediately I slap both hands across my mouth.

"Lucifer? But I thought Lucifer was just a story they told at demon Sunday school. There's no such thing." Dean says sounding cocky.

"Three days ago, you thought there was no such thing as me. Why do you think we're here walking among you now for the first time in 2,000 years?" Castiel asks Dean.

"To stop Lucifer." Dean says with a sigh.

"That's why we've arrived." Castiel says.

"Well... bang-up job so far. Stellar work with the witnesses. That's nice." Dean says snarky. I want to walk in there and yell at my brother.

"We tried. And there are other battles, other seals. Some we'll win, some we'll lose. This one we lost. Our numbers are not unlimited. Six of my brothers died in the field this week. You think the armies of Heaven should just follow you around? There's a bigger picture here. You should show me some respect. I dragged you out of Hell. I can throw you back in." Castiel says threateningly.

"Woah!" I walk into the kitchen ready to break up the fight that's about to happen. To my surprise Dean and Castiel are nowhere in sight. Confused I look around and see my brother sound asleep in the library. I sigh putting on my shoes and walking out the kitchen door.

"I'm going insane that's just great!" I say angrily to the sky.

"You are not going insane." a voice says from behind me. I jump and turn to see Castiel.

"Holy hell! You scared me!" I accuse putting a hand over my heart.

"My apologies. I did not mean to." Castiel says in his deep voice.

"What's going on with me? First I can hear your voice at the seance and then I hear you again in the motel, but it seems I'm the only one that could. How is that even possible?" I ask.

"Some people have the ability to hear angels talk. I've never met anyone who can hear us in dreams though." Castiel answers tilting his to the side and staring at me.

"So what am I?" I ask not really wanting to know the answer.

"I'm not sure. Heaven is keeping a tight lip on why you are so special. As for Dean he has an important role to play concerning the apocalypse." Castiel answers.

"Wait...what's Dean's big role?" I ask looking up to meet Castiel's gaze.

"I am not at liberty to say. I'm sorry." Cass says leveling my gaze. I sigh running my hands through my hair.

"I'm sorry...about you loosing your brothers. I know what it's like to loose a brother. It's like a big hole in your life that you can't fill no matter how hard you try." I say lightly putting my hand on Cass's shoulder. When he doesn't respond I start to think I must have crossed some line touching him. I retract my hand and put my head down embarassed. The warm touch of his hand gently grabbing my own hand makes me lift my head.

"Thank you. No one has ever said that before." Cass says with a serious face.

"I should be the one thanking you. If it wasn't for you Dean would still be in hell and Sam would still be gone. You gave me my brothers back, and for that I will be ever grateful." I say looking up into his blue eyes and smile. Cass gently squeezes hand and slowly pulls his mouth into a smirk.

"I should be getting back." Castiel says still staring into my eyes. With the sound of fluttering wings Cass is gone leaving me with only the warm touch of his hand. I sigh walking back into the house and back to the guest room. I strip out of my hoodie and lay back in bed thinking about Cass. I think about his gorgeous blue eyes, and gentle touch before slipping into a comfortable sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!!!! I have 3 subscribers!!!!
Leave me some love in a comment!!!
What do you think will happen between Jamie and Castiel??

XOXO