Status: Fin.

Still The One

One.

New bird for Niall Horan?

Irish lad Niall Horan of One Direction was seen walking about London with model Clement Earl last Sunday morning, three weeks right after his break up with Heather Feurey! It seems like Mr. Horan over here moves on fast. There are rumors that the two of them are dating but a good friend of Niall told us that she’s just a friend, nothing more. We beg to differ! See how those two looked so cozy in one of the cafes! Looks like Heather Feurey is long and forgotten now…


I clutched the newspaper in my hands tightly, gripping it like there was no tomorrow. If this was mine I would have ripped it to shreds but unfortunately I was only in a small café near my flat. Was this real? Of course it was, there were pictures to prove that he was certainly with the blond bombshell last Sunday. And to think that we just broke up three weeks ago… I need time my arse.

I felt tears prickling from behind my eyes but I blinked them away. No way was I going to let this bloke define my life. I sighed and slowly placed the magazine back on the table before taking a sip of my coffee. The taste was awfully bitter, just like my love for the Irish man.

I still haven’t grasped the reason why he broke up with me. It was one of the most cliché things ever. I need time. I never really understood that line. Time for what? People had all the time in the world so why were they asking for more? I wasn’t even intruding his personal space or whatever so the phrase clearly confused me. I took another sip of my coffee and my face immediately contorted into something of disgust. Partially because the coffee tasted bad and partially because Niall had the guts to go out with another girl after breaking up with me. That insufferable twat.

I flipped through the magazine, trying to take my mind off that article. There were a few articles about celebrity gossip but I wasn’t up to par. Do I really want to know things about a person’s life (who dated who, one night stands etc.)? No. I am not that kind of person because honestly I couldn’t care less about them unless I knew them personally.

Finally, I decided to read an article about boots and animal skin. It drawled on and on about how animal fur on boots wasn’t a good idea and how many animals were being slaughtered just because of it. It was an interesting article, enough to keep my mind away.

I licked my lips and read more of the article. There were only a few people in the shop which was actually a good thing. If there were tons of humans in the same room as I was I would probably snap and get out. I wasn’t in the mood to socialize especially after getting my heart broken.

“Heather?” I immediately jumped up at the sound of that voice. It’s been a few weeks since I last talked to him and that was when we were still together. Now that we weren’t someone could feel the awkward vibes reverberating from the two of us.

I narrowed my eyes at the curly haired boy in front of me before setting down the magazine. I forced the contours of my mouth upward and smiled at the boy who I was once close with.

“Harry. What a pleasant surprise.” I stated, taking another sip from my black coffee.

His face was covered by a big pair of shades and his coat made him look like some robber. His mouth was set in a straight line as he motioned for the seat across from me. I glanced around the small café taking in its features.

The room was fairly big with dozens of chairs and tables for the customers. Jazz music blasted out of the speakers conveniently scattered around the room. There were only a few people inside and that made things easier for the two of us to converse. There are a lot of eavesdroppers and this was a conversation I would like to keep private.

I turned back to Harry and nodded. As much as I wanted to avoid Niall, I couldn’t avoid the rest of his friends. They were honestly the most down-to-earth people I have ever known and I wish I could stay with them but I couldn’t without getting awkward.

“How have you been love?” Harry asked, taking off his scarf. I scoffed and took another sip of my coffee.

“Are you really asking me that?”

“Yes, yes I am. You haven’t been answering any of my calls or my messages. Tell me, honestly, how do you feel?” I stared at Harry’s emerald green eyes and felt myself getting lost in them. I cursed myself and looked away. He always got what he wanted from me, and this time he wanted the truth.

When the media asked me how I felt about our breakup, I spat out lie after lie that we both agreed it was the best. I told them that I was fine and that I already moved on from the blond bloke when in reality, I was still stuck in this fantasy where in we were still together and madly in love.

“I feel completely and utterly fucked up.” I replied honestly, clutching the paper cup in my hands as I stared down at my lap. Harry didn’t comment so I looked up and saw his eyes looking at me expectantly, urging me to continue.

I took another deep breath before focusing my attention to the window beside me, staring out at the London streets. People passed by, hurrying to wherever they were supposed to be at the moment. They were completely oblivious to what was happening to me and I was fine with that. In fact I was jealous of them. I was jealous of those bystanders who knew nothing about what was happening. They get to go on with their life unperturbed unlike me who was going out of her wits.

“People view me as the tough girl because of my hair and whatnot and they think that I’m over him but I’m not. I’m not. I’m not strong enough to endure the pain he put me through.” I looked back at Harry and the way he looked at me almost brought me to tears. He was really listening to me unlike my so called friends who yelled at me for not putting up a fight. How could I put up a fight when I knew he wouldn’t even hear what I would have to say?

“In all sincerity, I don’t know if I could get over him that easily like he did with me. Just, god. He already got himself another bird! The decency of him to do that! I know I should let him go but is it wrong to love someone who decided not to love you back?”

I bit my lip and stared down at my lap, fighting the tears that would soon spill. I took deep breaths through my mouth and took another sip of my coffee, my tongue scalding in the process. I waited for Harry to speak, wondering what was going on in his mind.

“I think Niall is a complete and utter arsehole for letting you go.” Harry spoke up. I raised my head and saw him giving me a sad smile.

“Heather, you’re a great girl and it’s really a shock how you were able to put up with the five of us. I already told him that he was stupid for letting you go and right now I think he’s regretting it. Big time.”

I blinked back my tears and looked at him suspiciously.

“Are you for real?”I asked skeptically, ready to smack him with my purse in case he was lying. Harry let out a humorless laugh and nodded his head.

“I know it’s odd for me to just pop into your life once again but I’m here to tell you what’s been going on. I don’t want you to believe the lies the media are feeding everyone else so listen carefully.”

“I’ve got ears Harry; I don’t need you telling me to listen.” I commented earning a grand rolling of eyes gesture from him. I wanted to ease the tension a little bit.

“First of all, Niall’s not dating anyone.” I snorted and shook my head.

“Don’t care.” I mumbled but Harry just gave me a knowing look before continuing. Of course he knew that what I was saying was a lie. He knew me like the back of his hand.

“Second of all, he was a mess. After three days, he broke down and realized the mistake he made. He’s being a bit daft lately if you know what I mean. He misses you more than you can imagine.”

I narrowed my eyes at him once again and took a long sip from my coffee that has a now bearable temperature. I crossed my legs and leaned back, waiting for Harry to continue his oh so grand speech.

“And last of all, definitely not the least, he wants you back.”

I choked on my coffee and set the cup down. I coughed my way back to normality as I glared at the green eyed boy in front of me who was giving me a sympathetic look as well as a hopeful one. I gingerly used the napkin beside me and wiped away some of the coffee that dripped from the side of my mouth. Very unflattering.

“What the fuck?” He merely shrugged before shaking his loose curls away from his face. Oh god if that boy was here right now I would smack his head. Was he serious?

“He openly told the four of us yesterday that he regretted breaking up with you and wants to get back together. I told him it wouldn’t be easy but he refused to believe so.”

“It definitely won’t be easy! Who’s stupid enough to take back their ex?! Especially if they’re the one initiated the break up!” My sudden outburst left Harry shocked. A few people in the café turned to look at me obviously thinking that I was mental. I groaned and leaned back on the seat, crossing my arms.

“I won’t fall for him again.” I muttered, looking out the window since I was too scared to look at Harry in the eye, fear that he would know I was lying.

“You and I both know that that is very unlikely.” I snapped my head back towards him, my cheeks fuming.

“I don’t want to get hurt again Harry.” I stated defensively. He sighed and nodded his head, getting tired of this conversation. I was too.

We continued to stare at each other, not knowing what to say or do when we heard a phone blasting out its annoying ringtone. I frowned as Harry excused himself to take the phone call. He stood up right away and went over to a secluded corner to go talk with whoever was on the other line. With him gone, I could finally think about what the hell just happened.

Niall broke up with me. Harry came to tell me he regretted that decision and wants me back. Is Harry trying to mend the broken strings of fate by telling me Niall wants me back? Okay. I have three solutions to this bomb dropped on me all of a sudden. One, I tell them to fuck off and leave me alone. Two, I go back to Niall and give him one more chance. Three, okay so maybe I don’t have a solution #3 but fuck, I am at war. I still love him but was I ready to get hurt once again? Hell no. I bit my lip and took one last drink from my coffee, now cold.

I crossed my legs and sighed. I glanced at the clock that hung over the counter, the time being 9 o’clock. I better get going. I only came here to get a cup of coffee, not to catch up with a friend. I packed up my things, about to leave when Harry came back with a small smile on his face. The smile dropped though when he noticed me poised to leave.

“Are you leaving?” I looked at him and he had this cute little pout on his face with the matching puppy dog eyes. I giggled and nodded my head.

“Yeah. I’ve got some errands to do.” We looked at each other in awkward silence. I sighed and finally decided that this was enough. I stood up and was about to say goodbye when Harry grabbed both my shoulders, a hopeful smile on his face. I raised my eyebrow in confusion, hoping that this wouldn’t be anything rash.

“Are you free tonight?”

“Honey, I’m quite expensive so I doubt I’ll ever be free.” Harry snorted and shook my shoulders lightly.

“That is besides the point Heath. I’m asking if you want to grab a bite later. Eight o’clock at the Venice Piazza?” I blinked twice and let out a laugh.

“Is the great Harry Styles asking me out for dinner?” His cheeks went crimson red and nodded his head.

“Just be there alright? Wear something nice!” He delicately let go of my shoulders with a sheepish smile on his face. I smiled at him, forgetting about Niall momentarily.

“I’ll be there. See you later Harry.” I said and walked out of the café, tugging the beanie on my head to cover my ears.

I looked back at the café and saw Harry waving at me as I walked farther away from him. I waved back and focused on what was in front of me. It was nice to have a friendly dinner with Harry. I only hope the press won’t think too much of it. Also the idea seemed like a good way to evade Niall and whatever is up his sleeve to get me back.

Niall fucking Horan is an absolute douche and I wasn’t going to let him back in my life that easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying and failing....

thanks to all who subbed! Comments would be nice... :)