Status: Comment to tell me if I should continue this story!

I Was All For You

III

It was Friday night and I was getting ready for a dreaded date. I couldn’t decide what to wear as I sifted through my pile of mostly clean clothes. What was the proper attire for a date anyway? I didn’t even really know where we were going on this date. I pushed back the curtain separating the bunks from the living room and poked my head out. “Austin, where are we going tonight anyway?” My eyes wandered over his tattooed chest and arms as he slid a shirt over his head. I could feel my mouth watering at the thoughts filling my mind.

“I figured we could just take the girls out to dinner.” He replied bending down to tie his shoes. I nodded and stepped back behind the curtain.

Finally settling on a black button down shirt and the jeans with the least amount of rips in them, I slipped my clothes on and then walked out into the living room, in search of my shoes. “You look nice, Alan.” Tino joked laughing softly. I shot a glare at him and Austin laughed too, agreeing with him and causing me to blush.

“Alan’s prettier than my date. I might just ditch her and take him out.” Austin laughed and winked at me, my heart jumped into my throat and I laughed awkwardly. Why was he so inexplicably perfect? I pulled my jacket on and told Austin I was ready, attempting to break the sudden awkward tension. He nodded and walked off the bus, holding the door open for me.

“We’re gonna meet up with the girls at the restaurant. It’s not a far walk.” Austin explained turning toward me. “And thanks, Alan.” He added stealing a sideways glance at me. I smiled softly, “for what?” Even if I wanted nothing to do with this date or with Marissa, more specifically. It was the fact that I was making Austin happy that pushed me to agree to this. I never wanted to see the smile leave Austin’s face.

“For being an awesome friend. For doing this.” He answered throwing his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to his frame. I put my arm around his waist and walk in sync with him, not wanting to disrupt our close contact.

It wasn’t long before we reached the restaurant like he had said. I spotted Marissa from a distance and subtly rolled my eyes. Austin sped up his pace and separated from me, causing me to frown at the emptiness that filled my chest. As soon as we got within earshot, Marissa was screeching with excitement. “Alan! I missed you sooo much!” She screamed exaggerating the ‘o’ in so.

She jumped on me, wrapping her thin, spray tanned arms around my neck, her long flowing blonde curls smacking me in the face. “Hey, Marissa. Good to see you.” I replied halfheartedly, patting her back. I glanced up at Austin, noting that he was too preoccupied embracing his date to witness my struggle.

“Alan, are you going to introduce me to your friend?” Marissa asked pulling away from me and pulling down her short black sequined dress. I nodded my head and looked over at Austin, “This is Marissa. Marissa, this is Austin.” He offered his hand politely and she shook it, a little too enthusiastically. “Nice to meet you.” His smile was melting my heart unintentionally.

“Alan, this is Tiffany. She’s the girl I told you about.” He laughed nervously and she stepped forward, eyeing me up and down and the sticking out her hand. Tiffany was everything I wasn’t. She had long straight, brown hair, big shining blue eyes and boobs that were pushed up to just under her chin. I think Austin picked up on our obvious distaste for each other, because he interrupted straight away.

“Alright, well why don’t we all head inside.” He grabbed the hand Tiffany had extended toward me and pulled her inside the restaurant, Marissa and I following bitterly. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a short chapter, but I just wanted to introduce the dates. Thank you so much everyone for the feedback! You guys are incredible. I came up with a very interesting idea for another Austlan last night. So I might be putting that up when I get closer to the end of this one. But I'm playing around with the idea of doing that one as a co write. Would any of you be interested? x