Status: I need some motivation. I haven't written a chapter in this story since April. I started Chapter 10, but just barely. GIVE ME MOTIVATION!

On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice: Bittersweet Revenge

-Price’s P.O.V-
ThisOlesz character was going to be a pain in my ass, but at the same time, he opened new doors for me. First of all, he gave me himself as a target, just to be able to save his childhood friend. Second, he’s tough as nails to blackmail me. It took me weeks to ponder over what I should do about it; at least that was until I opened my e-mail this morning.

I spun around in my chair as I received an e-mail from some username I didn’t recognize.The username wasNeverGonnaCatchMe1-10.I opened the e-mail.

“Dear Price,
I hope you remember me. You’ve stopped me once, but now you’re thousands of miles away, you can’t stop me twice.
1,2 Adam’s after you
3,4 gonna get your whore
5,6 baby is in the mix
7,8 gonna set you straight
9,10 Let your nightmares begin
-Fresh out of the hell you sent me to,
Adam Shane.-

As I went to stand up from my swivel chair, I lost balance and fell over. Slowly, I looked around to make sure nobody saw the embarrassing incident. Obviously, nobody did, but it’s natural instinct to check.

I stood up, and reread my e-mail from Adam Shane. Horrified, I slipped my coat on and left my apartment with haste and a sore ass. I had to try to get a hold of Marissa or Burrows to warn them.

Alexandre Burrows’ P.o.v---
I did not like the idea of Mac staying at her apartment alone. She kept insisting that she would be okay, but something kept eating at the back of my mind that made me not so sure. Price could be lurking anywhere. I leaned against the wall the players’ bench, and squirted water into my mouth. Practice seemed to drag on for an eternity without Mac being here. But, eventually it did end.

I sat with my shirt off in my stall, giving my still severely bruised ribs a little break from restricting clothes. The bandages that covered the ugliness of the bruises had long disappeared.I held my bruised ribs in one hand as they throbbed with pain.

Raffi Torres put a hand on my shoulder, “You alright der, Burrs? You ‘ave been actin’ a wee bit weird der lately.”

I shook my head, “No, I’m not alright. Mac’s crazy ex is lurking around, and I don’t like her being alone when he is.”

Raffi gave me a concerned look, “You mean Adam Shane? I thought he was in prison for assault.” After seeing my facial expression, and where my hand was, he realized who I was talking about, “Oh, Carey Price.” Raffi shoved me lightly, “Don’t worry ‘bout him, Burrs, you are winning war by far.” He smiled.

I returned his smile, “Yeah, I guess I am.”

--Mac’s P.o.V--
I was laying on the couch, rubbing my small baby bump, and humming. The other day, I went and got my very first ultra sound. The doctor was very pleased to tell Burrows and I that we were going to have a boy. I tried looking through baby books to find a great name, but none of them helped. The only name I wanted our child to have was Rostislav, after he godfather. Burrows loved the idea, since Olesz was the one that saved me from Carey Price.

I was only a month and a half into the pregnancy, but little Ros was draining my energy more and more. He only liked to have fruit and peanut butter, and he decided that all other food was disgusting. So I never got to get my required amount of protein to keep my strength up.

After about thirty minutes of rubbing the developing Rostislav, there was a knock on my door. I looked at the clock hanging on my wall, perfect timing for Burrows to be home. I lifted myself off the couch and opened my door, only to be met by a face that I hadn’t seen in years.

Adam Shane pushed my apartment door open farther and walked in as I backed away to keep my distance from him. “Nice place you have here, Marissa.” He hissed, closing my flat door, and sliding the chain lock into place. “I’m so glad you let me in to see it.”

My eyes grew wide as I watched him locking the door. Without saying anything, I turned and tried to run for the nearest door I could get to. Right before I got two feet from the bedroom,

Adam’s heavy body slammed into me, and crushed the air out of my lungs as I hit the floor. His massive hands grasped my small wrists and pinned them above my head.

“Don’t run from me, Bitch. Or I will kill your baby in two seconds. Any normal person, I would say I’d kill them, but you wouldn’t care about that, would you?” He hissed in my ear. His grip tightened as I struggled to break free from his grasp, as he sat on my thighs.

He tried to kiss me, and I head butted him, square in the nose. He didn’t flinch, or loosen his grip in the slightest bit.
“Tsk Tsk Tsk. You really shouldn’t have done that.” He kept a firm grasp on my wrists, eased his way off of me and yanked me up, and dragged me into the kitchen. Adam grabbed one of the knives.

“I wonder what it will take to make you scream for mercy…” Adam inspected the knife carefully before plunging it into my thigh.

----Carey Price’s P.o.V--
As I arrived at the Roger’s Arena, I saw Burrows walking to his car. I had a bad feeling when I didn’t see Marissa with him. I got out of my car and stopped him from getting into his.

“Burrows, now isn’t the time to argue, but I think Marissa in grave danger.”

Burrows slammed me into the side of his car by the collar of my jacket, “You son of a bitch. What did you do this time? Was kidnapping her and raping her not enough for you> How sick can you get? She’s pregnant and engaged. Why can’t you leave her alone?!”

I stared dead into his eyes, “If it were me the was putting her in danger, would I really be here at the moment, telling you about it? Each moment you stand here blaming me, you are risking your baby’s and your fiancée’s life.”

He released my collar, “What do you mean by that, Price?”

I swallowed hard, not wanting to be the one to tell him the news, “Adam Shane is out of prison for good behavior. He sent me an e-mail this morning. It said, '1,2 Adam’s after you, 3,4 gonna get your whore, 5,6 baby is in the mix, 7,8 gonna set you straight,9,10 Let your nightmares begin."

Burrows clenched his teeth, “Get in the car, Price.” He climbed into his ’09 black camaro. I got the pleasure of riding shot gun.

The car ride to their flat was silent. No music played, not small talk was even attempted. It was just dead silent. It was like two alpha lions trying not to kill each other to be head of the Pride.

Burrows turned sharply around a corner, causing us to drift into the curb, somehow managing to park perfectly in front of the apartment building.

--Mac’s P.o.v--
Adam had my hands bound behind my back with duct tape, and a tightly tied bandana running across my mouth so I couldn’t speak clearly to yell for help. He stood behind me, with the kitchen knife, but he only touched my face with his hand, “Aw, look what you made me do Marissa, you’re bleeding everywhere. If Burrows doesn’t get here soon, you may bleed to death.” He released my face and paced around the kitchen table. “So, who do you think is going to come to your rescue? Burrows? Olesz? Or maybe….that bastard Price who put me in prison to begin with?”

Tears started to pour from my eyes. I wanted someone to help me, but I didn’t want to risk their lives either. I could feel the blood soaking my jeans, and sticking to my skin.

Adam spun the chair I was sitting in around, “Tell me, Bitch. Which one would hurt worse to see die? Your fiancé, your childhood friend, or the one who saved you from me last time?”

He pointed the kitchen knife at my stomach, “Or your unborn child? You can save only one. Who will you pick to save, bitch?"
I heard the door start to open, but get stopped by the chain lock.

“Mac! Mac, are you okay in there?” It was Alex. I cried out in horror.

Adam gave me a hideous grin, “Shh, don’t cry. I’ll answer the door for you. Besides, I have something special for the Canuck.” He turned away from me and walked towards the door. Adam jeered at Alex, “What’s the magic word?”

Alex swore violently at Adam, “Listen you good for nothing fucked up son of a bitch. You better open this fucking door before I--.”

“—Wrong answer, Burrows. You would think you would watch what you said since you are out there, and I’m in here with your fiancée and unborn child.” He slammed the door in Alex’s face and locked the dead bolt. He turned to me. "You're husband isn't very bright, is he?" He raised his hand and struck me across the face.

It wasn’t long after that I heard Burrows unlock the door, and kick the door in, ripping the chain lock off the door. He looked like an angry bull getting ready to charge the matador.

Adam forced me to stand up with my sharpened kitchen knife against my neck, “Well well well, look who we have here. Mr. Alexandre Burrows to save the day. How fucking cliché is that, bitch?” He yanked my hair, forcing me to look at Alex.

“So, Burrows, let’s make a deal, ok? You leave Marissa and the unborn child with me, and they both live. But, if you say no, you all die. And I will make sure you watch her die slowly, which, you may be doing already since she is bleeding everywhere already.”
Burrows was staring at me desperately, trying to search for the best possible answer. He looked at me, and then Adam. He sighed, “I’m sorry, Mac. I can’t let you, or little Ros die.”

Adam grinned maliciously; he set the kitchen knife on the counter beside us, threw me onto the ground and pulled out a 9mm. “I didn’t say that you still get to live you fucking Canuck.” Four shots were fired as I worked the gag off my mouth. “Alex!!!” I saw Adam and Alex both go down.

But I was shocked. Alex went down because he was pulled down by none other than Carey Price. Carey Price was crouched over Burrows, but clutching his chest. When he pulled his hand away, it was covered in blood. Price had taken both bullets for Burrows…and he had killed Adam Shane, who lay lifeless on my kitchen floor.

I hobbled over to the two men, “Alex, Carey, are you alright?” I winced as pain shot from my thigh from the stab wound.

Alex nodded, “I am only okay because of Price.” Alex rolled Price off of him, making him lay still on the floor. “But you need to call an ambulance for him, otherwise, he’s not going to make it.” Burrows removed his shirt and set it over Carey’s abdomen and chest, keeping pressure on it. “And you won’t either.”

Burrows quickly cut my bindings and returned to putting pressure on Carey's potentially fatal wounds.

I retrieved my phone and dialed 911 “Hello? My name is Marissa Collins. I need your help, there’s been an accident.” Before I could give the 911 operator my address, the room started to spin, and the world around me went black.