Status: On and off, but will be finished! :3

They Don't Know About Us

Chapter One: Austyn's POV

Austyn
It was always one thing after another. Either way, I was always the one getting yelled at. It was always my fault. I was never good enough. I never could do anything worthwhile. I was a failure and I would never amount to be anything in life.
Nice things to be told in life right?
Well, when you’re in a predominant Caucasian community and you just so happen to be not that, like me, it’s what you get spit in your face by old people and teens who obviously think their better than you.
Unlike the rest of my simpleminded peers, I’m neither white, nor racist. I’m not that stereotypical, anorexic looking chick, I’m thick, I have some ridiculous curves and a stomach that I wish would vanish from existence. I’m not any type of religious and I’m honestly not serious about really anything that has to do with English and creative writing. I’m just a simple, young African American eighteen year old with a passion for creativity and words. Like any other kid, mathematics should burn in Hell, science will ultimately be my downfall and history is just a big ball of confusion that just sitting aflame waiting in a catapult ready to be shot at me to end my life.
My name is Austyn Briggs and I aspire to be a novelist known in every country there is. I’m currently living in London, taking a course where I can appeal to the crowds here as well. I must have landed myself in a really bad area because never have I ever heard of racism in London. I mean, it’s London, the land of very attractive guys with cute accents and pretty, big eyes.
Not Austyn’s Personal Hell.
***
I casually walked down the street to get home. I scratched the back of my neck, sighing because of how exhausted I was. It was about ten at night and I still had homework to do for university. Between, actually going to school, forcing a smile at rude elderly people and my homework load, I just might go mentally insane.
I pause for a moment on the nearly empty sidewalk, looking at the street name, making sure I was going in the right direction. I was shoved to the side, almost landing in the street whilst a car was zooming by. I glared at the dumbass that almost ended my life.
“Are you in—?”
“Next time move you idiot.” A redheaded Barbie yelled back me as her other Barbie friends laughed and glanced at me. I seethed, cursing them and hoping they’d be banished to the deepest parts of Hell.
But all I could manage without charging all of them was a simple, “Stupid wankers.”
Luckily, they didn’t hear my smart remark and I didn’t have to go all American black girl on them. Which, I would have if it was needed. I sighed and brushed those petty girls out of my mind, finding my way to my flat. There was the slight possibility that I was insanely lost, but I’d never admit that. It’s a shame really, I’ve been here for a month, and I still occasionally get lost on my way home.
Pathetic.
So I wander aimlessly, pretending like I knew exactly what I was doing, when in my head, I was freaking out. What the hell was I doing? I could get raped or mugged or even worse! I could get kidnapped! I could fucking die!
“Hey pretty lady.” What the hell, now I’m predicting my future. I look where the voice came from; basically hyperventilating because it was dark outside and there was absolutely no one in sight at this moment.
You can’t call for help now…
Yes, thanks retarded voice in my head for pointing out the horrific, fucking obvious to me!
Out of the shadow like a goddamn phantom this guy in a black pea coat appeared. He had messy black hair and I could see his green eyes glinting in the streetlights.
He’s hot…
Okay, look here voice; it’s not the time to be swooning over someone who could possibly be plotting my demise right now!
“What do you want?” I say in my best nonchalant tone. He smirks at me and I shudder.
It was quite obvious I was going to die right at this moment.
“What a pretty girl like you doing out here at this time of night?” He asked, moving closer to me as I progressively moved back.
“I don’t think that’s any of your business.” I snap at him. He’s closer now and he grabs the sleeve of my coat. I jerk my arm back but his grip is too tight. It was like I hadn’t moved and inch.
“Care to come with me?” He whispers in my ear after he pulls me to him. I struggle in his arms.
“Let me go!” I shout. He chuckles, causally putting a hand over my mouth while the other one roamed to the buttons of my coat. I screamed into his hand, biting at his flesh until he either let go or I turned into a fucking cannibal.
“Fucking bitch!” He yelled as he let me go abruptly.
“I’ve been called much worse.” I spat. I stopped myself for a moment.
Why the hell was I conversing with the man that is obviously trying to rape me in the middle of a street that is incontinently empty?
I shook my head at myself. I was truly and idiot.
“Come here now!” He yelled, grabbing my arm roughly. I screamed at his touch, curling in on myself. “Now, you’re going to listen to me. Do you—?”
There was a gruff thud and before I knew it the strange man was letting me go and slumping onto the ground. I gasped in surprise and relief.
“Well, he was rude wasn’t he?” A different voice said. “He ought to learn some manners to a guest.” I looked up into shiny black glasses that reflected my pink tinted face. It wasn’t because of anything like he was hot or anything. I couldn’t even see my dear saviors face. It was just really cold outside.
“Who are you?” I said like the rude American I am.
“You aren’t from around here are you?” He asked, ignoring my question altogether.
“No,” I said cautiously. “I’m from the U.S, in Michigan.” I told him.
“Interesting.” He said, his eyebrows crunched into a thoughtful expression. “Well, Miss, are you alright? Do you need any other help?” He asked restlessly. I shook my head, being the overly stubborn person I am.
“No, but thank you.” I say. “I’ll just be heading home now.” I thanked him one last time.
“Alright then.” He smiled. I don’t know why it looked so familiar, but it did.
He turned back to the way he came and I started the other way. My teeth were chattering from nervousness and cold. I stopped in my tracks, sighing aloud and obnoxiously. I whirled around. I could still see his silhouette in the dark.
“Wait!” I shouted. I run after him, seeing as he stopped and looked back at me.
“What is it? Scared?” He smirked as a struggled to catch my breath. I frowned at him, averting my eyes in pure embarrassment.
“No.” I say, slightly looking back up at him. “I just need a bit of direction.” He chuckled. “What’s so funny?” I snap. He puts his hands up.
“Nothing.” He smiles again, that same, familiar smile. “Where do you need to go?”
I explain to him where I needed to go and he listened the whole time, a huge grin spread across his face.
“Why must you insist on smiling that big?” I asked, covering my mouth with the bit of an accent I’ve picked up slipped out.
“You’re going the totally wrong direction!” He burst into laughter. I honestly didn’t understand what was so amusing. Was he laughing at my fail of sounding like I’m from the U.K or because I was drastically lost?
“Don’t laugh at me.” I grumbled. Rather unattractively I might add. He calmed down a little bit, that smile never leaving his face.
“Alright, alright, I apologize.” He said. “I feel that if I give you the correct directions,” He chuckled again, “You’ll get lost again.” I rolled my eyes at him.
“Make me feel like an even bigger idiot won’t you.” I hiss.
“Sorry, sorry! How about I take you there?” He offered. “That way nothing bad will happen.” He smiled again. I glanced at him.
“You won’t stalk me will you?” I asked, in all honesty.
“Well, I don’t know. You are pretty cute.” I couldn’t help at his compliment. I knew that it was real, and not just something meant to help get in my pants.
“Whatever, lead the way.” I say. He laughs and begins to walk.
***
“Thanks for walking me home.” I tell him. He nods and stands that the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the door.
“You’re welcome. Good to know you’re safe.” He smiles. I smile back at him. I turn to unlock my door.
“Before you go, at least tell me two things.” I ask. I could see his eyebrow rise.
“What might that be?” He wondered.
“Why are you wearing glasses at this time?” He sighed.
“They’re here so that I don’t get jumped by women.” He says. I looked at him incredulously. He’s got to be joking. “I’m too sexy.” He smiles. I roll my eyes.
“Take them off. I’ll be the judge of that.” I tell him with a winning smirk of my own. He furrows his brow.
“Promise me one thing.” I give him a look of questioning. “Do not, die.” I looked at him in confusion as he takes off his glasses in one motion along with a flip of his wild brown hair.
I was greeted with beautiful orbs of green. I looked at him for a moment, registering what he’d said along with his face, his smile, his voice.
Well I’ll be damned.
For once, I agree.
“Well, you aren’t hideous.” I smirk. He looked at me like I was insane.
“Do you have any idea who I am?” He asked. I nodded.
“I know exactly who you are.” I assure him. He smiles at me.
“And you aren’t freaked out?”
“If I can resist the urge to dry hump Ronnie Radke while he’s within three feet of me, I can handle the fact that Harry Styles just walked me home.” I tell him. He nods his head.
“Okay then.” He obviously didn’t know who I was referring to.
“Well, I guess this is goodbye then huh?” I frown. He smiles.
“Cheer up; we’ll see each other again.” He says. I scoff at him.
“You’re just saying that. It’ll be like this never happened won’t it.” I looked at him and wondered a simple ‘what the hell’ as he reached up. He poked my face.
“Don’t pout, smile, it’s beautiful.” A smirk automatically appeared on my face.
“Thanks.” He smiled at me and blew me a kiss.
“Goodnight love.” He pushed his glasses back on and waved at me.
I waved back as I watched him disappear down the street, to never return again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is basically my first fan fiction. So please be kind with me. :3 I worked pretty hard on this and Harry is my favorite person ever. He's so adorable. But Niall, God, he's.... Mmmmm~

Anywhore, thanks for reading, please leave a comment! <3