Status: On a Break... Searching for Inspiration

He Never Knew

Chapter 16

I stared at the text with a confused look on my face. Is this Alex? Why would he call me "babes"?

I responded to the text asking who it was. You can never be too safe.

I got a response right away saying: Alex. Who else would txt u lol but seriously we gotta work on dat proj.

I really wanted to get this project done, but I just couldn't think of anything triangle-y. Tile patterns? Doritos? Pizza? That was about as far as my imagination went. I realized I was thinking too much about triangles when I received another text about 10 minutes later.

You still there miles?

Yeah I'm here. Sorry was just thinkin bout the project. I texted him. I then added you think you'd be able to come over my house after school tomorrow maybe? That way we can u know do the thing

He answered with; oooh what thing (; I blushed. What the hell? Was he trying to flirt with me? This just feels awkward, considering I don't even like this kid. Well... I guess he isn't as bad as I originally thought. But that doesn't mean he isn't annoying. Because he is annoying. Very annoying.

My fingers shook as I typed out erm.. the project

Alex could probably sense my nervousness and confusion through those three words. I had a feeling that he was smirking behind his phone.

"Just calm down, Miles. He's just trying to mess with you," I told myself. And besides, it's not like he said anything completely "out there." Maybe he was genuinely confused about what I meant. Although I doubted it.

Oh right right. Yeah I can come over tomorrow. You think u could drive me to ur house tho? I don't have a car lol

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Of course. I told him to go to the parking lot after school so Zak could drive him, anyway. Although, I probably should ask Zak first...

Going against my better judgement, I sent the text and then went downstairs to find Zak. At least if he says no, I can tell him I already told Alex it's fine.

"Hey, Zak! Don't get mad at me, but I need you to do me a favor," I yelled out. Hopefully I don't wake mom up. She has work in two hours and needs all the rest she can get. Maybe I should get a job to help pay for stuff around here.

Zak emerged from behind the bathroom door, pulling me from my thoughts. "What did you do this time?" He asked with his arms crossed.

"What do you mean "what did I do"?" I screeched at him. "I didn't do anything. Wrong, at least. I only need you to pick someone up when school ends tomorrow..."

"Oh... Okay. That's fine. Why?" He asked, his eyebrows knitted together. Does he not want to know who's going to be in the car with us? Well, that's alright. The longer I prevent telling him, the more likely he won't care.

"For that dumb math project! I have no-" I was cut off by an angry Zak waving his hands around in circles.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. MATH project? You mean, Alex is coming over? I have to pick up Alex? And bring him here?" He questioned in disbelief. Alex was my partner, I can't just change that now, though I would love to. I figured I shouldn't mention this to Zak because it wouldn't change anything. I looked down at the tiled floor and nodded. "No. We aren't friends anymore, he hates me. And I hate him right back." He scowled and crossed his muscular arms over his chest again. I could hear the venom in his voice. I don't know what happened between them, but I'm sure they can fix it themselves. And if not... Well, I could always try.

If I had to get down on my hands and knees and beg my brother, then I would. It would be extremely awkward and laughable, though. "Please, Zak?" He shook his head, his brown locks swishing side to side. I let myself get lost in its shininess for a moment. "Please! He's really good at math and I need all the help I can get. I really, really, really need to ace this project and he's the only chance of me doing so. Please?" I asked again, adding as much desperation as I could into my soft voice.

Zak sighed. He was cracking and he knew it. "Fine. But if he says anything to me, I'm punching him and throwing him out of the car. I don't even care if the car is moving, he's being tossed out."

I jumped up and down like a little kid in a toy store. "Yes, yes, whatever! Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Zak!" I ran over to him to give him a hug and kiss him lightly on the cheek.

He pushed me off of him, chuckling. "Eww, now my cheek is infected!" He said, scrunching his face up and wiping off my spit. He went back into the bathroom to wash his face again.

I giggled and ran back upstairs to text Alex. Surprisingly, I already had a text from him.

Uhh.. IDK if that's such a good idea. Zak doesnt like me

I hurriedly texted back.
No don't worry about it. I already asked him &he said he'll pick u up

Oh okay then. Yay. thanks hunbuns, see ya tomorrow

I was disappointed. I knew this would make me sound desperate, but whatever. Wait don't u wanna talk to me more?

Lol uh sure. What's up?

Not much... Can I ask you a question?

Yeah. Sure. Go for it. Alex replied back.

If you don't mind me asking, why does zak hate u so much? Hopefully I won't regret asking this question.

Oh something to do with the fact that I was hitting on that girl of his

I thought for a moment. Tiffany, Zak, and Alex. Not a very good combination. U sure it had nothin to do with that rumor?

Even though Zak and I just recently started acting like brothers, I had to watch out for him. I'll have to have my gaurd up whenever I'm around Alex. If Zak doesn't like him, I guess that means I really shouldn't either. Then again, friends fight all the time, right?

Nah man. he stopped talking to me a couple days before that whole thing started

I'm not sure if I totally believed him. But I had nothing to prove that he was lying so... oh okay. Because if u were the one who started that, I don't like u either. I sent.

Nah nah no worries i didn't do that. goodnight

night, I replied, then went back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could give you every excuse under the sun, but I want to be honest with all of you.
...
I was just too lazy to update.
And as you can see, I learned how to use italics, woo! And I'll be going to my earlier chapters and making them longer (more detailed) so look out for that!
Thanks for reading!

Thanks to:

Katherine-Lynn : Dun dun dun.
polka dot perfection : Don't worry!
odysseychic403 : Next weekend, hopefully!
bxgurl95 : You'll have to read and find out! & I know, I never thought this many people would like my story.(:
Sarcastically Blunt : Of course!
n3n3j0y9 : Don't worry, next week.

for commenting!

[3/9/2013]