Status: Complete

Troublemakers

Afraid

"Louis, are you sure you're alright?" I asked thoughtfully, holding the ice pack Harry had prepared to his jaw.

It was looking really puffy already and it was sure to bruise. He seemed quieter than usual as he didn't respond to any of my questions, nodding instead.

I glanced around Harry's apartment, thinking of the situation and trying to come up with small talk.

Niall had followed Tori onto the plane as Louis stayed behind with nothing but an injured face. He had every right to be upset. After he confessed his love, all he got in return was a fist to the face.

I focused on the boy with the messy fringe next to me, his bottom lip quivering slightly.

"Let's have a look," I said, removing the ice. All I could think to do was smile sweetly because there was nothing I could do or say to heal a heartbreak.

I hooked my pointer under his chin, angling his face to get a better look. I ran my thumb lightly over the darkening spot on his jaw line. I tilted his head to the side, touching it again as he winced.

"I'm sorry. Does it hurt?" I raised my eyebrows. He nodded, a pained expression on his face.

I had a feeling he was feeling more pain than what the bruise was producing.

I sighed, placing the ice pack on the couch next to me. We had brought Louis back here because we agreed he shouldn't be alone tonight.

"You're not alright, Lou," I sent him an apologetic look, releasing his face from my fingers. He turned to me with big, sad eyes. "How are you feeling?"

His arms flew up around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest. He rested his chin on my shoulder and let out a long breath. I brought my hands up to rub his back comfortingly.

"I've lost them both," he mumbled. His voice was shaky. "I ruined everything with Eleanor for Tori and now she won't even have me."

I remained silent, rubbing his back.

"I fucked it all up," he continued, and I could tell he was on the verge of tears. "And I know it's probably selfish to think of it that way when she's so torn up about her father. God, I hope they're both alright."

I'd never seen Louis cry, nor did I ever want or expect to. I stopped rubbing his back, squeezing his torso tighter.

"Tea's ready," Harry called, coming into the room from the kitchen. He stopped in the doorway, sending me a confused look.

I gave him a face in return, mouthing to leave and go back into the kitchen. He didn't get the hint so I started waving him off.

Louis chuckled and stood up, looking down to me. He smiled thankfully and walked past Harry into the kitchen.

Harry came and sat beside me on his sofa.

"Go to bed," he wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. I rested my temple on top of his curly brown locks. He pulled me closer to his chest and kissed my cheek sweetly. "I'll keep Louis company until he falls asleep."

I started to protest, even though sleep sounded amazing at this point.

"Go ahead," Louis spoke softly, reappearing with a hot mug of tea in his grasp. "Both of you," he smiled.

His eyes were terribly bloodshot from all of the tears and, I'm assuming, sleep deprevation. It was nearing five in the morning and he looked as though he hadn't slept in days. The bags under his eyes screamed out how he hadn't had a good sleep in a while.

"Are you sure Lou?" I asked, furrowing my brows. As I asked, I could hear how sleepy I sounded.

"Yeah, I don't mind staying up with you," Harry offered, sounding just as tired as I was.

Louis shook his head at us both, "nonsense. You two go off to bed. I'll go to sleep when I finish my tea."

After much thinking and a long silence, I sighed.

"Alright," I reluctantly responded.

I stood and walked over to the lad, throwing my arms around his neck. He hadn't shaved in a little while and his scruff tickled my face.

"It's all gonna be alright," I whispered.

I released him, returning to my curly haired beau. Harry threw an arm around my shoulders, guiding me to his room.

I waved a goodnight to Louis as he trudged over to the couch, flopping down hopelessly.

Image


I wiggled out from under Harry's arm, walking to the bedroom door. I stepped out into the lounge and found Louis quietly sobbing in his sleep, clutching a pillow to his chest.

I frowned, stepping quietly over to the couch where the sleeping boy laid. I tugged a blanket up and over his frame, placing a delicate kiss to his temple.

It always calmed me down as a child. It seemed to work pretty well, so I continued to the kitchen, drinking a glass of water before heading back to Harry's room.

I pulled back the covers and slid back into place. Harry's arms snaked round me, cuddling me against his body.

"He's afraid of being alone," Harry mumbled huskily into my ear. "He doesn't want to be single again because he fears being alone."

I understood.

It probably didn't help that Harry and I were cuddling and be affectionate in his presence. If anything, it probably made matters worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
As some of you may have guessed, IT'S NOT OVER YET! We are almost there but not quite. Just a few more.

Thanks for reading and commenting, loves!

I know this chapter is kind of rubbish but I didn't know what else to do here other than show off a little sad Louis.

Keep commenting! The story is almost over. Let's blow the roof off this motherfucker and go out with a bang! Comment like you've never commented on anything before! Courtney will probably update faster if you do too because we just want this story to end honestly.