Tonight, I Will Fall For You

Chapter 1

Great. First day of school and it was pouring. Jake had dropped her off at the main entrance of the school-building, but when she finally reached the door she was soaked.
Linda was from Germany and today was her first day at an American high-school. She would spend the whole year here, in Baltimore, with her friend Jake.
Hoodie tucked low above her head and Sum41 blasting from her MP3-player she entered the building… and crashed straight into some random guy who was standing right behind the door. She could feel her face redden. Wonderful. A great way of starting the year. “Sorry, I didn’t see you.” she mumbled. Now paying more attention on what was going on around her as she headed towards the office to pick up her schedule.

Linda had already been waiting at the office for 10 minutes now. The blonde woman behind the desk seemed to be very busy discussing paper-prices on the phone. Waiting along with Linda stood a sandy-haired boy, impatiently tapping on the table next to him.
Finally, after what seemed like an endless period of time, the secretary finished the call and turned to Linda and the other boy. “May I help you somehow?” “I came to pick up my schedule!” Linda and the good-looking boy said, almost at the same time. They looked at each other. “You first!”. again in unison.
“Okay, I’m Linda Webern, I’m the exchange-student from Germany. I was wondering if I could maybe get my schedule here.” “Of course, here you go.” the blonde haired woman handed Linda a sheet and then turned to the guy who was still waiting: “And you must be Alex Gaskarth, the other new student, right? Here is your schedule.” “Thank you ma’am.”, Alex answered politely and took his sheet, turning around to face Linda again.
“So uh… I’m Alex, as you’ve just heard… erm… would you mind if we walked to class together? I mean… I think we both have History now, together, so…” “Yeah, of course!” Linda smiled, “Wow, usually I am the shy one. Seems like I finally found some company.”
When they entered the hallway together, there was a big crowd of cheering students and when Linda took a closer look she could see two or three jocks kicking a younger boy. “When will you finally get that we don’t want fags like you here and finally kill yourself?” the tallest one sneered, punching him in the face.
Without even thinking twice Linda made her way through the crowd and pushed the guy away, now standing between him and the boy on the floor. “Honey, I guess it’d be better for you if you fucked off now, otherwise I’d see myself being forced to do something about this and I’m pretty sure you don’t want that, do you?”, she said, smiling sweetly. She didn’t wait for an answer and just left the now speechless guy standing there and turned around to the shaking figure on the ground. She helped him up carefully and led him through the crowd. “Let’s get you cleaned up. Where are the washrooms? Oh, and what’s your name, by the way? C’mon Alex, stop staring and help me already!”
“I-I’m Jack. Jack Barakat… th-thank you for helping me but you shouldn’t of done that…. They’ll be after you now, too.” “Well that’s a great way to start the year. First day at this school and I already got the school-bullies hating me…. Not bad, even for me!” Linda laughed, “Now, we really need to clean you up. You look awful!” Jack cracked a smile at that. Charming.
“My name is Alex, by the way, and that girl there talking non-stop is Linda. We’re both new here. She’s an exchange student from Germany and I just moved here from England with my family.”
It was the first time Alex had spoken since Linda decided to go on a suicide-mission to save Jack.

When Jack, Alex and Linda finally made it to class (Jack also had History with them) the lesson was nearly over. Again, Alex was the first one speaking: “Sorry we’re late Mister erm… Miller. We’re new here and we got lost in the hallways. Jack helped us. I am Alexander Gaskarth and this is Linda Webern.” “Okay, just take a seat somewhere and try to follow the lesson.” the teacher responded, not paying any further attention to them. Alex quickly sat down at the front of the class, next to a girl with reddish hair and nerdy glasses, while Jack and Linda headed towards an empty table in the back of the room.
After a few minutes of just sitting together in silence Linda finally spoke up: “Are you okay now? I mean, you haven’t said anything for an eternity.” “Yeah, I fine, thank you. I was just wondering… why’d you do this for me? I mean… you’ve heard what they called me… what if it was true? I mean…” “Hey, calm down and don’t worry about that. And to answer your question: I don’t care if you’re straight, bi or gay. I’m sure you’re a nice guy and that’s the only thing that counts. But I guess I should be more careful from now on. ” She chuckled. “Thank you… err… would you like to sit with my friends and me for lunch maybe? You don’t have to, if you don’t want, of course…” “Sure thing, thank you!” Linda beamed. “May Alex sit with us too, if he wants?” “Yeah, of course I guess.”

“Okay, this are Zack and Rian. Guys, may I introduce you to Linda and Alex. They’re new here and I invited them to sit with us. Linda kinda saved my life when Rick and his stupid gang of jocks beat me up again this morning…” “Oh, shut up Jack, it wasn’t really a big deal!” The guy Jack had introduced as Zack laughed. “Wow, that’s new. Jack isn’t really the type for socializing, let alone even inviting people to sit with us. Usually you have to force him to talk to people he doesn’t know!” Then he frowned. “Hey, aren’t you that weird kid that bumped into me earlier this morning? I think I recognize your hoodie…” Linda blushed. “I’m so sorry, really! I wasn’t paying attention at my surroundings which isn’t really a good idea when you’re as clumsy as me but…” “Whoa, calm down girl! I guess I’ll forgive you for that. After all you’ve saved my best friend. Well… I guess it’d be a good idea if everyone introduced themselves now?”
“Okay…. Well, I’m Linda Webern, 15 years old and from Germany. I love music, especially Blink 182, Sum 41, My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan, Green Day, Panic! At The Disco and stuff like that. I play the piano and also know how to play bass, at least a little. Oh… and maybe you should know I’m bi, but that’s it, I guess… Alex?” She looked around nervously, to see if she got any mad or disgusted stares from the others but when there were none she sighed silently in relief and relaxed a bit.
“Alex, 16 years old, from England, similar music taste as Linda, guitar and vocals. Next one?”
“Wow, do you want to win a competition on who can talk the fastest?! I mean, Linda already resembled a machine gun but you are even worse… Anyways, I’m Rian, 15 years old and I play drums. Other than that there isn’t really a lot to say…” “Which leads us to me, the infamous Zack Merrick. I’m also 16 years old and I don’t think there’s anything I need to tell you now because I count on you guys to hang out with us more often from now on!” he winked, clearly joking. “Sure thing, we’d love to do that, wouldn’t we, Alex?” Linda answered smiling widely. “Yeah, sure.” Alex agreed.
That’s when Rian interrupted them: “Okay guys, lunch will be over in a few. Does anyone wanna come and hang out at mine after school?” “Yeah, why not. Linda, Alex, what about you?” Zack asked. Alex nodded happily but Linda had to refuse. “Sorry, I’m busy today. But I’ll come along next time, okay?” “Fine. Alex, we’ll meet in the parking lot after school.” “Okay, see ya then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here's the first chapter. I hope you like it and please tell me your opinions if it's not too much of a bother :)