Tonight, I Will Fall For You

Chapter 4

When Jack arrived at the cafeteria for lunch the next day, the others were nowhere in sight. “What the fuck?!” Jack complained mentally. He almost got detention for not doing his homework and definitely wasn’t in the mood for hide and seek right now. Suddenly he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. “We are in the forest. Better hurry b/c if Alex doesn’t stop complaining soon Zack will props kill him. x” it read. Jack smiled and made his way over the schoolyard and went towards the small ‘forest’ to meet the others. Well, it wasn’t exactly a forest, just a bunch of trees growing on a small patch of land that no one was really sure of whether it really belonged to the school or not. Nevertheless he really loved the forest at this time of the year. It looked beautiful in the fall, when the leaves change colors and slowly start falling to the ground. He sighed. One day he would have to take Alex there for a walk. Just the two of them…
His daydreaming was interrupted by the loud laughter of Linda, Zack and Rian. Alex sat next to them, fake-pouting, before joining in.
“Heyy… what did I miss? I want to laugh with you!” Jack announced his arrival, sitting down next to Alex who immediately put his arm around his waist and kissed him in the cheek. Jack smiled at him. Alex really had something about him that could light up his day, no matter how bad it had been. Linda smiled at the happy couple, flinging her fringe out of her eyes.
“You know what? You’re really damn cute together!” she announced before continuing with a totally different topic. “So, what do you all plan for your afternoon?” she asked, interrupting Zack and Rian in their discussion.
“I will go to the gym. AND”, Zack looked at Rian, frowning,” I will drag this lazybones here along.” Jack bursted out laughing, trying to imagine Rian in a gym, next to the muscle-bound Zack. “What about you, Linda?”
“I planned on spending some time with my boyfriend.” “Err… Jack? Would you... maybe like to meet my parents? I told them about you yesterday and now they’re very eager to meet you!” Alex asked. “Yes, of course!” Jack beamed. He felt like there were about one million butterflies released in his stomach. This sounded like Alex really took this very serious.
“Wow, look out Jack, if you don’t stop smiling like this soon it will probably stick on your face forever!” Zack snickered. “You better look out, otherwise I will make sure you won’t feel the need to go to the gym for the next weeks!” Jack shouted and playfully started fighting with Zack. A hopeless venture of course. Zack had Jack pinned to the ground in less than 20 seconds and tickled him until Jack couldn’t breathe anymore from laughing so hard.
“Hey guys, I’m really sorry for interrupting you, but you should probably delay this for another few hours. If my ears didn’t trick me I just heard the school bell…” Linda said. The four boys groaned in unison before getting up and heading towards the building, mentally preparing themselves for another two hours of boring lessons.
The only one who smiled was Jack. He couldn’t wait to meet Alex parents. Only the fact that Alex had told them about him proved, that their relationship meant just as much to him as it did to Jack. He barely heard his teacher grumble because he came too late because he was so caught up in his own thoughts. What would it be like? Would Alex’s parents like him? And, oh my god, what if they didn’t? It was like Jack’s mind couldn’t decide between being totally hyper or totally worried. Would things work out or would Jack fuck it up?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I know this chapter is very short and I'm really sorry that I didn't have the time to do more, I will try to find some more time when I get back on Saturday because I'm leaving soon and this is just a short update so you don't have to wait any longer.
Other than that, thank you for reading and a very huge thank you to the ones who subscribed, you can't imagine how happy I am about that!
Love, Celina