Status: no ***ing idea what's gonna happen with this.

Baby Daddy

03. A Special Day, For A Special Someone

October 24th, 2012

The morning was fresh, and completely still. The three bodies lay close together with the white sheets wrapped around them. Cope, whom had one arm splayed across Kellin’s back, lay peacefully, breathing deeply as she slept. Kellin rest in between the two girls, however, his arms were wrapped around Cam’s waist as he pressed into her warm back. His nose brushed up against Cam’s ear, his face nuzzling into the crook of her neck. His eyes fluttered, but he stayed still, giving a small sigh before continuing his satisfying dream.

Cam, on the other hand, stared at the wall directly across from her position on the bed. Kellin’s warm stomach pressed up against her back, relaxing her muscles as she breathed in and out in an attempt to fall back asleep. No such luck, especially with Kellin’s strong arms wrapped around her waist. Her mind kept wandering as Kellin’s fingers brushed up against the top of her pajama pants. Every time one of his calloused fingers made contact with her skin, her mind jumbled up and her tries to fall back asleep failed yet again. This had been going on for a solid hour. Or so she guessed. Cam had tried to reach her phone on the nightstand to see what time it was, but the arms that were wrapped around her waist tightened each time she attempted. Finally, she had given up, but with the sun shining through the windows, she assumed it was around 9.

As Cam stared at the wall, she thought about doing something special for Kellin, now that he was home. However, she couldn’t think of anything good enough for him. Nothing in the world could describe how happy she was when Kellin had embraced her for the first time in months. Copeland had never seemed more content. Her dad finally came home from his “work” trip, as she liked to call it. Cam shook her head when Cope talked to Kellin on the phone numerous times about how his “work” trip was going.

If you could even call it that. The members of Sleeping with Sirens were having the best times of their lives. In no way shape or form did they ever think of the touring they did, as work. It was just five guys with a dream to have fun and make music. Typical of guys in their early twenties. Their motives hadn’t changed one bit since Cam first met them all. Their motto was still, “Work hard, play harder, and make the best fucking music ever listened to”.

After the song was released years after the motto was created, the boys accused Kanye West of stealing it, behind his back nonetheless. It was an ongoing joke that if one of them ever met him, Kanye would get the shit beaten out of him. A couple months after the joke had died down, Jack met Kanye West at the local liquor store, and being a bit tipsy, confronted him. The confrontation didn’t go as planned. Instead, he stood there stuttering in front of the rapper, which Kanye responded, “You keep stuttering like that and you could make it far in the rap industry.” Then he proceeded to sign, in permanent marker, his name on Jack’s forehead. Jack had been the laughingstock of the year after the incident.

Cam chuckled softly at the memory. Her thoughts returned back to her idea of doing something special for the boy lying next to her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to think. Kellin’s hand twitched on her stomach, and she let out her breath when the hand went still again. She freed her arms and started moving her legs, attempting to get out of bed. In response, Kellin’s arm tightened around her and soft, wet kisses were placed on her shoulder. The marks left a fiery trail of tingling sensations on Cam’s skin, causing an explosion of flutters in her stomach.
“Don’t go,” Kellin whispered in her ear, his hot breath sending a wave of chills through her body.
Every time Kellin came back home, he got touchy feely with Cam. He had no intention or knowledge of this, but Cam and the boys noticed. The Fuentes brothers, Tony, Jaime, Jack, Justin, Gabe, and Jesse would all raise their eyebrows as he led her back into the bedroom to cuddle after a long day. When this happened, she would roll her eyes and follow Kellin as he hugged her from behind, leading her away from the boys. Not that she minded when he got touchy.

Kellin just liked to hold Cam tight; her warmth gave him comfort, especially after a long time spent touring. He buried his head farther into her neck, as he pressed small kisses to the base of it, in hope that she would stay in bed with him and Cope.

Speaking of Cope, the little girl had passed out last night, which was adorable nonetheless, and she seemed to still be sleeping. Seeing his little Copey again made his heart soar. Her cute smile, the dimples on the side of her chubby little cheeks, the way her hair stuck up in every direction, her small ears, and addictively adorable face. Cope was the epitome of perfection, all a father like him could ask for. Being out on tour constantly kept him away from his girls at home, and he hated himself for that. Cope needed a father to be there for her all the time, to take her places and treat her like the daddy’s girl she is. If only I was a better father.

Cam wiggled in his arms, detecting his discomfort, and maneuvered herself around so that she was now facing him. Kellin gave her a small smile, which Cam responded with an exasperated look. She knew exactly what he was thinking. Bringing her arms up, she placed her hands on his cheeks and leaned in close to his face. Kellin inhaled sharply at their proximity, which Cam seemed unphased about.

“Kels. Stop doing this to yourself,” she pleaded, her breath hitting his face in the process, causing goose bumps to erupt all over his body.

He looked into her eyes, his own beginning to water as he opened his mouth. “I’m not a good father. I’m always gone and she needs her father to be there for her always. And I don’t think I can do that for her.”

Cam looked him strongly in the eyes, “That’s what you say every time you come back from tour. Look at how happy Cope is when you come home. She loves you, and you love her. There is nothing more special than that. You are an amazing father and protector. To her and to me. Well, not father to me, but you get the point.”

Kellin let out a little chuckle, “Call me daddy.” His voice oozed fake seductiveness, as he smirked at Cam.

Cam burst out laughing, her stomach shaking as she unknowingly scrunched closer to him. Kellin smiled, her laugh was perfect and it always put a smile on his face.

“Do you feel better now?” Cam questioned after calming down.

Kellin nodded, “Hearing you laugh always makes me feel better - oh! Look who’s up.”

Cope crawled over Kellin and lay in between the couple with a big grin on her face. Kellin gave her a massive hug, squeezing her tight before releasing her.

As she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, Cope got to the point, “Now that we are a family again, can we go to the zoo?”

Her smiled widened as she peered up at Kellin and Cam, who exchanged a look.

“Why not? The zoo sounds fun, and it’s supposed to be nice today,” Cam replied. Cope brightened up, and shot out of bed, pulling on Kellin’s hand. He raced after her, yelling and singing all the way to her room, his body clad in only a pair of boxers and a t shirt.

A smile made its way on Cam’s face, and then she tore off after the giggling pair. What a glorious day this would be.

&&&

“Daddy, let’s go see monkey’s first,” Cope said, her voice full of excitement. Cam and Kellin each held onto one of the girl’s arms so that she would not run off. Cope was notorious for running off to go exploring, just like Kellin had a habit of doing.

His unruly jet black hair was tucked under a red beanie, a style that he wore often. Letting go of Cope’s hand, Kellin scratched his head and his armpit, imitating that of a monkey. “Let’s go!” he shouted, tearing down the empty pathway. Cope ran behind him, laughing hysterically, and Cam jogged close behind.

The trio stood outside of the primate house a couple minutes later, unable to contain their laughter. A few passer-byers gave them questioning looks, but it went ignored. None of them had laughed this hard in a while, so they cherished every moment of it. Cam gripped Kellin’s arm, as she doubled over trying to calm her laughter. They wouldn’t get to go see any of the animals at this rate.

“C’mon,” Cam chuckled, wiping her eyes that were tearing up, “How about we go inside now?”

Both Kellin and Cope nodded eagerly and each grabbed one of Cam’s hands. Inside, Cope pressed herself up to the railing, staring at the tiny chimps swinging from tree to tree. Cam watched her with a smile. An arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her into him. Cam rest her head on his shoulder.

“We should do this more often,” she stated simply. Kellin hummed in agreement.

Over the next half an hour, Cope ran from exhibit to exhibit, cooing at all the baby monkeys and their mamas. All the while, Kellin led Cam, his arm still looped around her. While they were watching a gorilla chuck poo at the window, causing Cope to erupt in giggles, Kellin felt a tap on his shoulder.

He turned around to see a younger girl looking up at him with wide eyes. “Hello, can I help you?” he said sweetly.

“Y-y-you’re Kellin Quinn, right?” She stuttered, blatantly nervous.

Kellin smiled. He loved meeting fans! “The one and only. And what might a gorgeous girl like you be called?”

The girl’s face lit up. “My name is Sophie.” Her eyes widened as she saw the girl standing behind her idol. She leaned in close to his ear, “Is that your girlfriend?”

Kellin laughed longingly, looking back at Cam who walked over to Cope, “No, but isn’t she beautiful?”

Sophie nodded vigorously. Reaching into his back pocket, Kellin pulled out the zoo map. After digging around in his jacket pocket, he held up a permanent marker victoriously. He set to work scribbling on the paper. Sophie looked on anxiously, and giggled when Kellin finally capped the marker and folded the map. He gave her a large grin, and slipped the paper into her awaiting hands. “You’re beautiful, too.”

At his words, Sophie skipped off with a massive smile on her face. She ran up to a woman and started pulling on her coat. The woman looked at the girl, but ignored her. Sophie started chattering away, but the woman had her attention focused back on the cellular device pressed close to her ear. After realizing that the woman was paying her no attention, Sophie stuck the map in her pocket, and put her head down. A second later, the woman grabbed the girl’s arm and dragged her out of the building.

Kellin’s face dropped almost as fast as the little girl’s. How could someone do that to their daughter?

He turned back toward his girls, and walked over, all the while thinking about what he just witnessed. A hand lovingly rubbed his back, while a smaller hand nudged his own, before grasping it firmly. He let out a shaky breath, and brought his head up, replacing his pained look with a smile.

“I want to go see the lions now,” he exclaimed, his voice surprisingly calm.

Cope squealed. “To the lions it is!” Cam agreed. She knew something was up, but she decided to put it off until later. She smoothly picked up Cope in her arms and started running off. A devilish grin spread across her face as she looked back at the man standing with his hands in his pockets.

If Kellin could freeze that one moment, he would. Cam had his baby girl cradled in her arms and her black hair blew wildly in her face. Her smile was that of Gods. Her rows of white teeth sparkled in the sun as she threw her head back, laughing along with Cope. Her laughter, a beautiful sound that rang through the halls of the building. She was beautiful. Absolutely perfect.

He stopped. Beautiful. Is that what he thought of her? He cowered at the topic of-

He couldn’t even think about what he thought of Cam. He thought about her constantly. Everything reminded him of her. Perfection, funny, gorgeous, his parents adored her, all his friends became her best friends, Cope talked about her all the time. Everybody loved her, he lov-

No, that wasn’t what he was feeling now. At least, he didn’t think that’s how he felt about her. All he knew was that she deserved the best of the best. Something that a broken father like him couldn’t give to her.

“Daddy, c’mon! You are going to miss the lions playing,” Cope shouted impatiently, snapping Kellin out of his trance.

“No I’m not!” he taunted, galloping past the girls and turning off onto another pathway.

“Kellin,” he heard a voice yell, “The lion house is the other way.”

He froze mid-gallop. Turning around slowly, he saw Cam and Cope looking at him, going in the opposite direction. Sheepishly, he ran to where they stood. Spreading his arms, Kellin slowly walked closer to the pair. “Daddy, what are you doing?”

He hugged Cam, squishing Cope in the process, who giggled into his stomach. “Giving my favorite girls in the world a hug. Without you guys, I would be lost. Literally. What are you doing?”

“Going to see lions! C’mon, let’s go!”

Kellin unraveled his arms, and pointed towards the lions. “Lead the way, my majesties!”

He saluted, then grabbed Cam’s hand and gave it a light kiss. “After you, my lady.”

Cam chuckled, “Always the perfect gentleman.”

Kellin let go of her hand, and marched off, calling over his shoulder, “Well, what are you waiting for? The lions await our presence!” And with that the trio walked happily off down the pathway.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is short, buuuuuut oh well.

i just wanted to let y'all know that i am soooooooo sorry!

i know i said i was going to update on saturday, but i got sick. both with the flu and a small writer's block.

but fear not, i feel fine now.

about updates, expect them every week (or on a bad week, every other week)

thanks to all my lovely subcribers and all you sexy motherfuckers who haven't yet subscribed.

i love you all && don't get sick. that's my advice to you

till later,
~Flo