Status: no ***ing idea what's gonna happen with this.

Baby Daddy

04. A Revealing Suprise (The Party: Part 1)

October 31st, 2012

“Are you sure mama?”

The voice on the other end sighed exasperatedly, “Yes honey, for the 100th time. Your father and I would be overjoyed to watch our little baby. It’s Halloween, you need to go have fun with your friends. Plus, it will give you and Kellin some alone time without Cope.”

Cam rolled her eyes. She could feel her mom wiggling her eyebrows. Taking a long sip from her steaming mug of tea, she pretended to think hard.

“Hmm, okay. I mean, I don’t have to surprise Kellin tonight with that party. He doesn’t know a thing so we can stay here and take Cope out for trick-or-treating? I feel awful.”

A rustle on the other side ensued before her father’s voice boomed through the phone. “Cam Margaret Spencer. If you are not here at 7 pm with our baby doll and your boyfriend, I’ll plan extra hard to make sure that Auntie Virginia has an open seat next to her at Thanksgiving dinner. You hear me?”

Cam gulped. Auntie Virginia was a gaseous nightmare already, but add turkey and green bean casserole, you can assure yourself that anyone within a ten foot radius was going to spend the rest of the night heaving up their dinner.

“He is not my boyfriend, for the last time,” Cam argued, still thinking of his threat. He wouldn’t hesitate to continue through with it.

“D’accord. Kellin and I will be there to drop her off at seven. Thank you so much! We really appreciate it!”

Her father chuckled, “No need to thank us sweetie. Copeland is our granddaughter – excuse me – the closest baby we have to a granddaughter. We would do anything for her, Kellin, and yourself. Alright?”

Cam confirmed.

“Great. I’ll see you later sweet cheeks, okay? Don’t you dare feel guilty. I know you, so don’t do it.”

With a laugh and a goodbye, Cam ended the call. Her dad always knew how to make her feel smile. It was unfortunate that they were always busy, else Cope and her would visit more often. Even in their old age, Carol and Jimmy Spencer got out. Whether it be playing bingo or volunteering at the local shelter, her parents were out having fun, all the time. Her heart swelled when she realized how happy they were in California. She had convinced them to move from their house in Minnesota to one closer to her in order to keep an eye on them. They were getting older.

“Cammie?”

She jumped, setting her phone down on the kitchen counter, “Yes sleepyhead?”

Kellin plopped himself onto the barstool. His hair stuck up in all different directions and he wasn’t wearing a shirt.

“What time is it?” he muttered, finally meeting her gaze.

Twisting around, Cam squinted to look at the clock. “Umm, it’s around 5:45.”

5:45 A.M. Her parents had always been morning people, a trait that was gifted to her as well. Plus, she a surprise for the boy sitting across of her. He on the other hand, was not a morning person.

Kellin moaned, mumbling something incoherent as he laid his head into the crook of his arms.
She set her Mexican fiesta mug, a gag gift from Jaime, on the counter and padded over to the sleepy boy. Wrapping her arms around his warm torso, Cam placed small kisses on the back of his neck.

“Back to bed?” She whispered.

He nodded weakly, and allowed himself to be led away from the kitchen by her soft hand. Before he knew it, he was gently pushed down on what seemed to be the living room couch. Too tired to smirk, he simply nestled into the comforting cushions. The hand holding his let go and he reached out blindly for the warmth again. He heard a chuckle.

Suddenly, the couch sunk as Cam lowered herself next to him. Gently, she laid a blanket across the both of them and settled back down. Her warm body melted into his, giving him goose bumps. If only the girl knew the things she did to him.

Wrapping an arm around her body, he nuzzled into her back, placing his lips on the large blue and red dragon tattooed on her shoulder blade. She said it symbolized something special, but she evaded the question when he asked, assuring him that she would tell him one day. His thoughts turned fuzzy, and he shut his eyes, letting sleep over come him.

Not long after, both lay peacefully in a deep sleep.

&&&

“Kellin! Where are you, my parent’s expect us to be at their house in ten minutes,” Cam shouted through the house as she turned the corner. Her backpack hung precariously on her arm and she rushed toward the front door. They really needed to go, like five minutes ago.

“Co- Oh there you are! Don’t you look smashing Princess Cope,” Cam gushed.

Standing by the door in all her pink tutu glory, Cope stood waiting anxiously. Cam filled with pride as she looked over the adorable dress Cope adorned. As per request, the dress was pink with ruffled sleeves and a large pink tutu as the skirt. The bodice was a satin material. She looked too cute.

Cam made a face, “I see you, but where’s your father?”

Cope pointed behind her. As if on cue, the black-haired boy sprung from behind her, holding a pink strip in his hand. On his head, perched a delicate pair of cat ears. “All finished,” he said, looking at Cam.

“What? Do you not like my costume? I’m a cat,” he stated, pointing out Cam’s stares.

“I see that,” Cam grinned, “And a charming one at that.”

That part was one-hundred percent true; he was just too adorable for his own good.

Kellin smirked, “Of course darling. I’m quite the charmer.”

His enthusiasm for the costume made Cam chuckle, but she stopped. “Alright my pretty princess and my handsome cat, allons-y mes amis!”

A mumbling ensued from the doorway, and a tinkling laughter followed. Cam whipped her head around and gave Kellin a glare. In response, he whistled and twiddled his thumbs. Cope stood there giggling.

“He said that you have to wear a costume, too,” Cope tattled.

Cam looked at him, before opening her mouth, “Oh don’t worry. I have the perfect outfit.”

With that, she gave Kellin a wink and headed for the car. He gulped, picturing her in a different assortment of costumes. Cursing Cam, he grabbed Cope’s hand and hustled after the girl.

Cam opened the door of the Jeep and hopped in. Reaching around, she set her backpack on the backseat. She needed that baby tonight, all part of the surprise. As she jammed the key into the ignition, the sound of the doors opening, followed by chatting, broke her thoughts.

Looking at her awaiting passengers, she couldn’t contain her excitement, “Ready?”

The pair nodded eagerly, and Kellin raised his fist as Cam pulled out of the driveway, bellowing, “To the parent’s we go!”

Cope laughed at his antics. “Music! Music! Daddy, turn on some music!”

Smiling, Cam agreed. The little tike was turning out more like her father each day.

Music made everything better. No matter the weather, the mood, the day, genre, place, Cam had been turning to music as a coping method for as long as she remembered. Before she met the boys, it was her only way of letting her stress out. The boys helped relieve her of the majority of her stress with their funny ways of making her laugh and trying to make her smile so much that when she went home, her cheeks hurt. It was just a bonus that these boys happened to make music for a living.

Cam snapped back to reality. Kellin sat beside her singing along to Florence + the Machine. Cope sang along as well. Nothing ever felt more like home.

The car trip went by quicker than she anticipated. The smug smile on her face never left, triggering Kellin to question her. She denied all of his accusations as she pulled into the driveway. Cope hopped out of the car as soon as it came to a stop. Not even bothering to knock, Cope pushed the door open and disappeared inside. Kellin wrapped his arm around Cam, and they walked up the walkway together.

When the pair stepped inside the house, her mother flew out of nowhere and tackled Cam into a hug. “Oh honey, it’s so good to see you again!”

Her embrace was comforting, and Cam melted into it, squeezing her mum back with the same vigor. She pulled back and looked her mum in the face, mischief twinkling in her eyes. Finally, she let go of Cam.

“Oh Kellin darling! It has been way to long since I’ve last seen you! With all your touring and rock star stuff you do these days, we never see each other anymore,” she cried, giving Kellin a bear hug, which he responded back with a loving squeeze.

“It’s so good to see you too Mrs. Spencer,” he replied.

“Oh for heaven’s sake, Kellin. I have been telling you for the past few years to call me Carol. Mrs makes me sound so old,” she admitted, then lowered her voice, “In all honesty, I hope it’s not going to be too long before you start calling me your mother-in-law.”

Cam guffawed and lightly shoved her, “Mother! You can’t say those things. You know that’s not true.”

Her mother tutted and shook her head. Though Cam and Kellin, who met each other’s gaze, seemed otherwise unphased, they would be lying if they said they had never thought about marriage before. The prospect was too endearing for them now, but the possibilities were endless.

Carol turned toward Cam and put her hands together, “I’m sorry Cam, but your father is at the store right now. You just missed him.”

She shrugged. “That’s okay. It gives us an excuse to meet up later.”

“Yes dear and hopefully that’s soon!” She said cheerily.

Cope rushed back into the room, her face flushed from running around the house. “When is trick-or-treating?”

Kellin opened his mouth, but Carol cut him off, “In about ten minutes, but let’s say goodbye first, okay?”

“Okay,” she grumbled, “Bye bye Cammie. Bye daddy.”

She rushed over and gave us each a hug. Kellin looked over at me with a look of confusion in his face. “Why are we leaving?”

Cam smiled. “I thought that Cope could stay here with my parent’s and we could go out and have a little fun. It’s been a while since it’s just been you and me.”

Kellin’s grin grew. “Okay, sounds amazing! Are we leaving now?”

Cam nodded and turned towards her awaiting mother. “Yep. You’ll be okay with the trouble maker?”

“Yes honey, no need to worry,” she confirmed, shoving the couple towards the door. “Now, go have some fun you two. But not too much fun if you know what I mean. Bye!” The door slammed shut.

Oh my gosh. Her mother was more perverted than some of her friends.

Cam faced Kellin, who was giving her a look. “Yes?”

“So it’s just you and me tonight?” He questioned.

“Hmmm, I think so,” she responded playfully. “Let’s go. We have places to be.”

Grabbing his hand, she led them back toward the car. The music started blasting through the speaker as the car rumbled to life. However, it was immediately turned down.

“So am I allowed to know where we’re going?” he asked, sounding like a small child.

“Nope.”

“Aww c’mon Cammie. Since I’m your favorite, can I know?”

“No.”

He humphed, crossing his arms across his chest as he pouted.

“Stop, you know I can’t resist your pout.”

He continued to make the ridiculous face, but he stuck his bottom lip out farther. His lips started quivering.

“NO. N-O. No. We will be there in a while, so be patient.”

He quit his pouting and turned the music up again. Cam looked over at the man sitting in the passenger seat. His eyes had closed and his grin hadn’t left his face since stepping foot in the car.

If he only knew what was coming for him.

&&&

After driving for about half an hour, Cam finally pulled up to the familiar house hold. Unbuckling her seat belt, Cam peeked at the boy next to her. Dead asleep.

She took this opportunity to climb into the back seat and open her back pack. With a devilish grin, she swiftly changed into her costume and crawled back into the front. She looked down at her revealing costume. The boys of Pierce the Veil begged her to wear the Princess Leia slave costume and she agreed. What was the harm in acting like a slut for the night?

What she didn’t know, is that Mike had told everyone that she was dressing as Princess Leia. All of his friends. Who were hormonal guys. She had no idea what to expect when she walked in that door.

Brushing a finger across Kellin’s cheek, Cam blew lightly in his ear. He jolted awake rubbed his eyes. His jaw dropped as he saw the Fuentes brother’s house. There were cars parked everywhere and music blasted from the two-story home at ungodly levels.

“I thought you said we were han- Woah,” he breathed, taking in Cam’s costume. She sat on her legs, looking at him expectedly. He could get used to waking up like this. Shamelessly, he looked over her whole body and finally connected with her eyes.

Her body was perfect. Perfectly curved. Perfectly tanned. Perfectly smooth. Perfectly toned. Perfect everything. He opened his mouth to tell her to go take it off before another boy saw her, but he stopped himself.

As for Cam, she shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. She became self-conscious as his eyes grazed over her body. She saw something in his eyes she hadn’t seen since he accidently walked in on her getting ready to take a shower. That was right before he left for tour. She smiled, her heart beating a million times faster, “Do you like it?”

He nodded dumbly, unsure of what to say.

“Well then, let’s go partay!”

TO BE CONTINUED...
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been a while. so it's short, but this is part one.
who's ready for part 2?

WOOT WOOT

thank you to the 41 subscribers who have stuck with me :)
you DA BOMB

so what do you think? do you like it?

comments = motivation
(legit. i know it sounds cheesy, but your feedback motivates me to write)

merci beaucoup,
~ FLO