Status: no ***ing idea what's gonna happen with this.

Baby Daddy

06. The Aftermath (The Party: Part 3)

October 31st, 2012

10:37 pm

“Stop! Motherfucker, back the hell away from me,” a voice screeched in annoyance.

“It’s just one picture. C’mon Justin please? It’s for our little Gabey,” Cam pleaded, stepping away from the man on the white bed shielding his face from the camera.

Justin scoffed, “All the more reason to say no.”

The girl sighed, holding her hands up and sitting back down.

Justin let out a sigh of relief and shut his eyes. The night’s events had been quite hectic to say the least. A harmless prank had turned into a broken nose and a trip to the hospital. The foulest part was that if he thought Cam’s sock to his face injured him, the reset of it hurt a hundred times worse. Never in his life had he cried openly, but he found himself blinking back tears as the doctor set his nose again. His beautiful face would never be the same. Which was one of the reasons why Cam had been trying to snap a photo of his face for the past half-hour.

“A birthday present for our dearest Gabey,” she had said.

Fuck Gabe. He didn’t need a picture of Justin’s misery. Even if it was for the drummer’s birthday, Justin was having an awful day and he wanted to be alone to drink his pain away.

The night had started off good. When he had arrived at the Fuentes’ house, he immediately grabbed a plastic cup and chugged it. Considering the fact that he was essentially alone until the couple of the night had shown up, he chatted up a few girls who all loved a man in a black spandex suit very much. He suddenly stopped as one of the girls went in to whisper in his ear.

It felt wrong.

Without saying a goodbye, he headed into the crowded kitchen. He felt off. Things started to go downhill from there. Sitting in the kitchen, Justin laid his head in his hands and drifted into a daze. Those girls just wanted to dance with him because he was Justin Hills. All anybody ever wanted him for was fame. He wished he had a relationship like Kellin and Cam’s. They were always together and for all the right reasons. He needed a Cammie-Special-Pep-Talk. Yeah, that’s what he needed.
Awhile later, he heard yelling, which faintly sounded like Tony, but he was too caught up in thought to comprehend. The kitchen went silent. When he heard the door click open and voices ensued, he dove behind the counter. Cam and Kellin had arrived. He grinned; his foul mood disappeared while he looked around. He would love to scare them; it was Halloween for fuck’s sake. That’s when he found the white object lying on the ground a few feet away from him. A Jason mask. The perfect prank.
Needless to say, his brilliant plan backfired and as a result, he was spending the rest of Halloween in a hospital room.

Click.


Justin’s eyes shot open and he jolted up. He furrowed his eyebrows in mock-anger, cocking his head toward the girl in the corner, who sat giggling as she typed away on her phone. She peeked up from her phone and exploded in laughter at his face.

“Aww. Is Mr. Justin mad? Afraid you’re gonna lose your game after this picture gets out,” she cooed, unfolding her legs and crossing the room towards the bed.

He ignored her and turned over in the hospital cot. The girl’s grin faded as she watched the man with deepest sorrow. All of a sudden, she knew what she said was wrong. It just came to her looking down at this man who had everything going for him: fame, fortune, and women. He had all he ever dreamed about growing up. Everything except undivided compassion from another. His emotional state was never from the broken nose or the fact that she was finding his pain amusing. She knew what he was feeling.

Unloved.

Justin had a hard time with women. She had seen it with her own eyes and through his own when he recollected the memories during their cuddle sessions. Cam tried to give him all the care he needed, but it was never enough. Justin never saw her for a love interest, an aspect of him that Cam was glad for. Besides, Kellin would never allow for such a relationship to happen. The singer was too wrapped up in Cam to admit and sometimes his jealously got the best of him. No, Justin and Cam weren’t meant for each other. The man before her had been through too many one-way relationships to count; however, this was only a contributing factor in his emptiness. Justin had only brushed up on his past relationships in minor detail, but something was amiss. Cam knew that for sure regardless of the fact that he hadn’t spit it out yet. For the meantime, all she could do was attempt to mend the broken man through their friendship.

She looked back down at the bassist, who lay fast asleep. She chuckled at the situation. It was a feat only Justin could accomplish. Slowing reaching around the man, she tugged the white sheets over his body and returned to the plastic waiting chairs placed along the wall. The girl rested her head against the wall as she gathered up the events of the evening.

The night had taken a full 360 after diagnosing Justin’s broken nose. Kellin and Tony had carried the bloodied man out to Cam’s jeep while she stole a pair of sweats and an All Time Low t-shirt from Jaime’s wardrobe. Kellin rushed to the hospital as she tended to Justin’s wounds. No less than half an hour after arriving, the doctors had reset his nose and now he was waiting to be released. Kellin was out in the hallway calling Gabe to wish him a happy birthday.

The drummer had stayed in Michigan with his family and his long-time girlfriend Shelley. He had a flight to San Diego in a week for band meetings and to prepare for their next album. In the meantime, Cam figured that Gabe was soaking up the time lazing around with Shelley, or rather spending a lot of time in bed. Cam shuddered, erasing the mental image from her mind.

Letting out a deep breath, she looked out the window towards the hallway where Kellin leant against the wall with the cell phone to his ear. He seemed to be adamantly chatting away with Gabe. He looked good needless of the events that transpired that night. His white t-shirt hugged his body and was slightly transparent from the San Diego heat. The man eyed her through the window, returning her gaze with a wink and a stunning smile before focusing his attention back to the conversation.

Though she hated to admit it, her heart melted right then and there. The boy had no idea what he did to her. Cam felt small now and her thoughts scared her to no end. She knew exactly what Justin was feeling. The emotions that he experienced were the same ones that she felt. The girl couldn’t pinpoint it and neither did she want to. The thought of admitting it to herself was what made her afraid. She might never, considering her relationship with the singer was the best it had ever been. She couldn’t ruin a relationship so perfect, for lack of better terms.

“Fuck,” Cam score, remembering the little munchkin her parents were currently watching. Whipping out her phone, she typed her parent’s landline and held the device up to her ear.

Bring, Bring, Bri-

“Spencer Residence,” her father said trying to catch his breath.

Cam smirked, deciding to poke fun at his obvious lack of fitness, “So how long was it?”

Her dad mumbled something under his breath, “What on earth do you mean, my dear daughter?”

“Did you just run a full marathon? Oh wait, more like a quarter marathon,” Cam teased, smiling big when she heard a string of swears from the other end.

“Hardy har har, I would laugh but I’m too busy catching my breath.”

She chuckled, opening her mouth to say something when her father cut her off.

“Alright, you didn’t just call to berate me on my body. How’s Kellin?” her dad questioned.

Cam rolled her eyes, “I saw other people besides that dork. It was a party after all, not like you’ve ever been to one.”

“Hmph, I’ll have you know that I was known as the Kickstarter. When I walked into a room, that was when the party began,” he fired back, attempting to defend himself.

“That has got to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard,” she stated, rolling her eyes. “Anyways, I was just calling in to check on Copeland. You know, see if she’s ok and stuff.”

The eldest Spencer scoffed, “I’ll have you know, your mother and I are offended. We take good care of our grandkids.”

“Not your grandkid yet! I don’t think I want to expose her any more to the wild side of the Spencer family,” she said, but in all honesty, Copeland was basically a daughter to her.

“Not yet at least,” her father all but smirked through the phone.

“Well, Mr. Wise Guy, I’m going to need you and mom to watch her tonight and maybe tomorrow because we’ve had some injuries.”

He pretended to think, but finally spoke. “Ok sweety! Now you go tend to those injuries like the mom you are! It seems like your needed back there. I promise you that our little grandkid is in good hands here. Have fun and say hello to our son-in-law, will you?”

With that, he hung up. Cam unknowingly found herself smiling. Her parents were pro-Kellin and Cam, which they always were, but it made her heart flutter at the thought.

I want you all to myself.

She tried to ignore Kellin’s admission from earlier that night. Her stomach flipped and flopped like a fish out of water. His confession weighed on her consciousness. It was probably just a heat of the moment decision to spit that out. It didn’t even mean anything to her. However, the feelings coursing through her veins proved her wrong.

Suddenly, a pair of hands grasped her shoulders startling her. She turned her head and was met with the dark haired boy resting his head on her shoulder.

“Hey,” he smiled.

She grinned back, “Hey. What did Gabe say?”

He stood up and proceeded to sit in the seat next to Cam. He shrugged, “He told me all about his Michigan shenanigans. And I mean everything. You got to talk with him, right?”

“Yeah, I talked to him earlier this morning. I’m glad he’s having a great day!” she said excitedly.

Ping!

She reached for her back pocket to check her phone. Kellin glanced over her shoulder and laughed as he saw the picture of Justin with a response from Gabe that said a mere, “LOL”. She quickly typed back another birthday message.

That was one thing about Cam he absolutely adored. Kellin stared at the girl with admiration. She loved all of his friends and they all loved her. He was so glad that his friends and band members accepted her as part of the family.

Cam lazily turned to face him. With that, Kellin reached over, grabbed her waist, and brought her over onto his lap. She immediately nestled into the crook of his neck and wrapped her arms around his torso. It was an instinct to need to be close to each other and it was a wonder both of them made it through tour without each other.

Neither knew how much time passed before the doctor walked back into the room. With a flurry of discharge papers and instructions, the trio headed out of the hospital and drove back to the Fuentes brother’s house.

By the time they got back, it was nearly midnight and the party was still raging. Kellin held Cam close as they walked back in through the front door. Justin followed close behind, gloating.

“Justin’s back!” they heard one of the Pierce the Veil guy’s yell. He was engrossed in a group hug, while the pair sat back and watched as they laughed at his sheer look of terror.

A hand grasped Kellin’s shoulder and he whipped around to find Vic standing with a grin on his face. Cam hadn’t turned to face the Mexican yet, giving full privilege for Vic to glance at their intertwined hands and wink. Kellin rolled his eyes, letting go to give the singer his second hug of the night.

“How’s Justin?” Vic questioned when they finished.

“Eh, he’s doing the best he can do, but he’s not happy that he got socked by a girl. Even though it is Cam,” Kellin said, glancing back at the man of the hour.

“Well, it’s gonna leave a mark,” Vic teased. “Imagine all the great stories that will come out of this.”

Kellin agreed, opening his mouth to add when he was cut off by Cam turning around and realizing Vic was standing there. She had a full blown smile on her face as the pair embraced. After she released Vic from the giant bear hug, Kellin grabbed her waist and pulled her to his side.

Vic watched this interaction with amusement. The pair obviously cared a great deal about each other and though they showed it, they never admitted their feelings toward one another. It was all a feat that their friends tried to get them to do, but they hadn’t been successful yet. Their relationship was one out of the movies and couples came to them to get advice. Cam and Kellin both horribly denied the fact that they were together each time someone came for relationship advice, but the people looking for advice knew better. Vic knew for a fact that Tony had gone to Cam when he was at a low point in his relationship with Stephanie. Now, Stephanie and Tony were closer than ever.

“Hey Vicky, mind mixing me up a drink?” Cam blurted, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Vic looked at Kellin and smirked, then nodded at the girl.

When the singer had left for the kitchen, Cam turned in Kellin’s grasp and hugged his waist. The black haired boy sighed in content.

“Is my little baby girl tired?” he teased.

Almost as a response, the girl yawned into his chest. “Yes. I’m so sleepy, but I wanna hang with all my peeps,” she answered.

That was true about wanting to chill with the guys. She barely got to see any of them on tour, let alone all of them at once. These men were her best friends and having to be away from any of them for too long left a whole in her heart. It was unfortunate that the events tonight had left her exhausted, but she decided to push through it for the sake of spending time with all these friendly, drunk musicians.

“How about I make you a deal,” Kellin started to bargain. “How about we stay for another hour, then you and I can go home. We’ll watch sci-fi movies until we both pass out.”

Cam brightened up at the offer, “Banana-strawberry smoothies?”

The boy chuckled, “I’ll make you all the banana-strawberry smoothies you want, that is, until you explode.”

She hummed, sending chills through Kellin’s chest. He heard a faint agreement from the girl.

“Awww, sorry to break up this love-fest, but I’ve got one strong tequila mix for a certain chica,” Vic chimed in, coming from behind Kellin.

“Her favorite,” he added with a wink. With that, Vic carefully handed the mixture over to Cam. He stood, anxiously awaiting her first sip.

She brought the cup up to her lips and took a big gulp. With a smack of her lips, Cam praised the maker, “This is the best one you’ve ever made for me! Thanks Vicky! What’d you put in it this time?”

This mixing and drinking had become a game between the two when they first met and the tradition continued ever since.

After accepting the drink, Kellin and Cam went to mingle with more party goers, including Austin Carlile, Michael Bohn, and Josh Franceschi – Cam’s personal favorite as she was in love with You Me At Six’s music. With the promise of a live studio appearance, the pair said their goodbyes to the frontman. They weaved their way through the crowd looking for one of the Fuentes brothers.

“Ah, there’s Mike and Vic!” Kellin shouted victoriously over the pumping sound of the latest song.
Cam eyed Vic, who was talking to a close lady friend of his. The man looked over at Cam, which she responded with a dramatic wink and a look to his conversational partner. She made a motion toward the door and a ‘call me’ signal. Still blushing, he nodded, but nonetheless, returned back to the conversation. Kellin pulled Cam along to say there goodbye’s to the lanky drummer, who seemed to be standing alone at the moment.

“Hey hey hey, if it isn’t my favorite Mexican drummer,” Cam poked at the man in front of her.

“Cammie!” He shouted, “And my dear, Kellin!”

Mike gave the two each a hug. After exchanging a few farewells and promises to see each other again, Kellin and Cam were finally on their way home. Cam had already checked up on Justin, but he assured her that he was ok and that he was staying at the Fuentes’ brother’s house for the night.

Kellin reached into the tired girl’s back pocket and triumphantly pulled out the car keys. Setting her into the front seat, he gently made sure she was buckled, then continued to hop into the driver’s seat. Cam was asleep before the car even started, so the man put on her favorite Blink-182 album and started the drive home.

By the time the Jeep pulled into the driveway, it was nearly 3 am.

Staying quiet, Kellin pulled the girl from the passenger seat into his arms. He carried her bridal style into their bedroom, where he proceeded to strip her down to her t-shirt, just the way she liked to sleep. He was ashamed to say that no matter the amount of times he had done that, he blushed like crazy each time. Stripping down to his boxers, he curled up to Cam and shut his eyes.

All intentions of staying up to watch movies disappeared as Kellin felt his eyes grow heavy. With a gentle kiss to her neck, he was out like a light sleeping soundly next to his favorite girl in the world. Breaks from tour never seemed so sweet.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm a bitch. sorry for the wait, i have absolutely no excuse.

thanks for sticking with this story and hopefully the creative juices will keep me wanting to write more.

on the other note: though i've been receiving tons of feedback (which i LOVE), but should i continue this story? is it going to fast? do you like the plot so far?

GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK (GOOD AND BAD) PEOPLE.

you all are the bomb-diggity-bomb,
~FLO