Status: Working on it! New chapter probably every 2 days.

Surrounded by the Sun

Party time?

It started off as any other day. I was visiting my best friend Alex at the bakery he worked at. “Brie, you alright? You seem like you’re in a daze or something,” he asked greeting me with a hug. “Yeah… sorry. You just… you look hot today” said word vomit, “Sorry, I couldn’t control myself. And I mean hey… you do look hot today,” I said winking. He looked at me a little confused, but blushed at the same time. Going back behind the counter, he got me my Friday usual; potato chips dipped in chocolate, and one dipped strawberry. “Thanks, babe! Hey, there’s a party at Matt’s house tonight- you in?” He looked at me disapprovingly. Alex doesn’t drink, and he hates when I do, but he always tags along to make sure I get home okay. I really think he’s just in it for the cuddles- I’m a cuddly drunk. “Yeah, and maybe I’ll let loose a little tonight- it’s been one of those weeks.” I nodded, shocked, but sympathetically. “Well, pick me up 8:30pm! Love you, babe!” I kissed his cheek, took my treats, and left the shop. I guess I should tell you the story of Alex and I, shouldn’t I?

Well, I met him my freshman year of college, we were both music majors, with a concentration in voice. We studied with the same voice teacher, and piano teacher. We were basically forced to spend all of our time together because of scheduling of classes and our lessons and stuff. We originally fought, trying to out-do the other, but then we realized that we’re going to spend the next four years with each other, why not enjoy it. Then he started dating my roommate, so he was around constantly, and we just became best friends. So if he has his music degree, why is he working in a bakery? Well, it’s his fathers, and it’s the summer. When he’s not teaching, he works there. When I’m not teaching at school, I do private lessons, but only on Tuesdays, so I have the rest of the week to do what I please. Anyway, Alex became my best friend, and now he’s 24, and I’m 23, but will be 24 in two months! Alright- snap back to now.

It was already 6:30pm by the time I got back to my apartment. I showered, put on a ripped up loose black shirt, with a maroon tank underneath, plain jeans, and my maroon Toms. I let my hair wave naturally, but clipped my bangs back with a bobbi pin. I just did simple makeup- foundation and eyeliner. Alex got to my apartment just in time. I grabbed my phone, and kissed my cat goodbye, and got in his car. He was wearing a simple black v-neck, tan skinny jeans, and green vans.

When we got to Matt’s, we smelt the alcohol as soon as we got on the lawn. It must’ve been in the grass or something, because it reeked of beer. I went inside in front of Alex. I was immediately jumped on by a plastered Matt, after hugs and greetings; I went to go make myself a drink. Alex said he would stick with Matt for a bit longer before getting one. In the kitchen, there were all the sodas and juices you could imagine, complimenting the even larger selection of liquor. I got myself a stereotypical red cup, and poured in some vodka, orange-nectarine juice, and some Malibu. As soon as I turned around, a boy crashed into me, spilling his drink on me, which luckily was nearly empty, but spilling mine all over him. He cursed out before looking at me. “I’m so sorry! I should’ve told you I was walking behind you! Are you okay? Here let’s go get ourselves cleaned up!” And before I could even respond, he grabbed my hand and led me upstairs to one of the bedrooms.

He started rummaging through drawers before pulling out a new t-shirt for himself, and a really lightweight black vest. “I’m sorry- I didn't get your name? I’m Tony” He said offering his hand. “Hi Tony, I’m Sabrina- but call me Brie. Are you sure you can just take out clothes like that?” He laughed, “Nice to meet you officially! And Yeah I can take out clothes- this is my room. One of Matt’s old housemates moved out, so he offered the room to me!” I nodded as he tossed the vest to me. “What’s this for?” “It’s for you, silly. I got drink on you, or at least your top shirt. Take it off and put on the vest- you’ll still have the tank top underneath.” I agreed, and stripped off the top layer right then and there. As I did so, he took off his own shirt that I got drink on. We both paused for a second, taking the other strangers body. After locking eyes, I’m pretty sure I wasn't the only one blushing as we whipped our backs to each other, putting on our new layer of clothing. I thanked him, and I followed him back downstairs. Alex was at the bottom of the stairs, looking pissed. (I think he thinks I got it in.)
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! Let me know :)