Status: Ongoing, not sure how this is going to go!

Life After Josh.

"& that's where the beginning of the end begun"

“But babe I do love you! It’s always been you! Just, just not right now…”

A small china plate went flying through the air, hitting the wall above his head with a satisfying crack. Glaring, Josh sidestepped the mess. “You’re making a scene, they’re all watching us” he hissed through his teeth, well aware of the small audience that were craning their necks to watch the mess unfold. “Come on, let’s go somewhere a little more private?” he half asked, half demanded, grabbing her wrist.

This was the final straw for Lyla, flame red hair messed up like an inferno, mascara running down her cheeks. “NO!” she screamed, using the edge of her cardigan to wipe her face, trying & failing to retain some dignity. “Why in the fuck do you think I’d want to go anywhere with you?” She pulled her wrist away from him. “Last time we did that you promised me you’d leave her & look where that’s left us!” A gasp erupted from the small crowd in the bar, now consisting of their friends who had no clue why the “best friends” were having this row. Now it all made sense.

Going redder & redder by the second, Josh shifted himself from foot to foot. Never in a million years would he have thought that she’d fight back. Lyla had been happy for the last eight months listening to whatever story, whatever promise had come into his head at the time. He’d promised her that he’d leave his girlfriend, that one day they’d get married. Josh had also wormed his way out of breaking up with his girlfriend by telling Lyla that it was his girlfriend’s birthday next week & that he didn't want to be known as a player. Then he’d decided that it’d be more romantic if he left it so that he & Lyla could get together for Lyla’s 21st birthday. Josh had even worked his way out of his promise of marriage by telling Lyla that he wanted to be in a band & he wouldn't want to leave his wife home alone whilst he went on tour. She’d accepted all of this as perfectly legitimate reasons. So why the hell had she picked today of all days, when his girlfriend who was really his fiancé,(Lyla didn't know & he sure as hell wasn't going to tell her) was here to have this fight?

Josh had no answer for her. He didn't stop her as she threw her coat on, pulled the hood up around her face & rummaged around for her bag. Lyla grabbed her bag & stared at him. It was an unreadable stare. Normally Josh could tell what she was thinking & work her around to his way of thinking but tonight something was different.

“ I've had enough of you, I've had enough of your bullshit & she’s welcome to you. Don’t even bother coming after me. Just leave me the fuck alone.”
She spoke so calmly it was unnerving, as if she’d just told him what was on television. Giving everyone else a smile, she walked off, head held high. Josh was speechless.


Sitting on the sofa, glass of rose in her hand, Lyla thought about that evening all those years ago. How things had changed. Smoothing her blonde hair behind her ears, she smiled. Who’d have known there was life after Josh?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys :)
This is the first time I've written anything more than a long shot so please bear with me. I had the rough outline for a story in my head & the title has been floating along in my head for more time than I'd like to admit (without a story!)

I'll be posting a song that I've listened to whilst writing each chapter - this chapter I had "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace playing.

I imagine Lyla listening to this & gunning herself up.

Please stick with me & leave me some feedback!
katy perry.
x