Status: Updating as much as possible

She's Glitter and Gold

Ten

Sunday morning I wake up to an uncomfortably bright light leaking through my closed eye lids. I groan and roll over, burying my face in my pillow. I'm slowly drifting back to sleep when my phone buzzes next to me.
I sigh and blindly move my hand around in search of it. Once I find it I rub the sleep out of my eyes and click on the text.

Unknown Number:
I would put off going to Jack's until after 12. I think he drank his weight in JD last night and he passed out in the tub. -Alex

I smile and thank him for the warning, then look at the time. Eleven. I curl back up in my blankets and close my eyes again, but my phone buzzes again. I groan and open my eyes again and click on the text.

Alex:
Also, he thinks you're really pretty and just looking at you gives him a half-boner.

I stare at the message, my eyes slightly raised and my face a little too warn. And I'm smiling. A guy tells me I give his friend a half-boner and I'm flattered
I sigh and reply to him before crawling out of bed and walking sleepily out of my room.
As I'm walking past the dining room window I stop and look outside. Everything is white. Or covered in white, rather.
The snow that had started slowly last night had picked up its pace and now the ground had at least two inches, and it was still coming down.
I smile happily and continue my walk to the kitchen where my mom is making waffles. "Good morning," she says happily as she hands me a plate.
"Morning," I reply as I grab two waffles and sit at the table.
"Any plans for today?"she asks curiously as she pours more batter into the waffle iron.
I swallow a bite of food before saying, "Going over Jack's."
My mom smiles widely and says, "Oh good. He's such a sweetheart."
I almost tell her that I give him a 'half-boner' but instead simply say, "Not like that. We're just hanging out."
She laughs softly, and I can tell she doesn't fully believe me, but I don't defend myself.
I mean, yes, I want to learn guitar, but I'm more excited to hang out with him for some reason.
I finish my breakfast and go back into my room where I pull out my laptop and, being the creep that I am, stalk his twitter.
I roll my eyes when I see that his picture is of him picking his nose, then I just scroll through his Page, reading his tweets that mostly involved the words 'dick' or 'masturbate'.
Eventually I feel like a complete creep, and go onto Facebook. I have eleven notifications, all of which are people commenting sad faces on my changed relationship status.
I sigh and fight my urge to stalk Jim by logging off.
I lay down and stare at my ceiling for a minute, pushing unwanted feelings away.
Eventually, after dosing off a couple times I crawl out of bed for the second time that day and get dressed.

I pull into his driveway at one in the afternoon, and trudge through the ever deepening snow. I step up on his front porch and ring the doorbell. After thirty seconds with no response I ring it again and pull my sweater tightly around my freezing body.
I'm about to ring it again, or maybe just leave, when the door is opened by a boxer clad Jack who looks as if he got hit by a truck. "Can I help you?" he mumbles sleepily has he rubs his half open eyes and yawns.
"Guitar lessons.." I remind him, my voice a little uncertain.
He yawns again and runs his fingers through his hair, messing it up even more than it was previously. "Oh yeah, come on in." He opens the door more and I step inside.
"Rough night?" I ask as I look around the living room that's littered with several empty bottles and pizza boxes.
He groans in response and says something about getting dressed before disappearing down the hall.
My maternal instinct kicks in and I head for the kitchen in search of something to help his obvious hangover.
By the time he reappears, fully clothed with his hair sort of tamed, I'm scrambling eggs for him. "Advil and a beer," I say as I motion to the table that held the items. "Best hangover remedy known to man."
"Are you... making me breakfast?" he asks as he takes a seat and swallows the pills.
"Technically lunch, but yes." I scoop the cooked eggs onto a plate and set them in front of the boy who has a sleepy smile on his face.
"I think I love you," he announces as he digs into the food.
I roll my eyes and sit across from him, and I notice his t-shirt for the first time and snort. "Nice shirt."
He looks down at the black fabric that had "BONER" displayed across it in red lettering and he looks back up and grins. "Isn't it awesome? I designed it myself."
I laugh and shake my head. "Why does that not surprise me..."
He smirks, then focuses on finishing his eggs and beer. When he's finished he stands up and puts his plate in the sink before saying, "Guitar time!" and skipping out of the room.
I follow him down the hall and through a door into a small room that held a couch, an electric guitar, two acoustic guitars, and several amplifiers. He picks up both acoustic guitars off of their stands and hands me one before sitting on the couch with his. I take the seat next to him and curl my legs up and copy the way he's holding the guitar. "Okay, lets start off with chords," he says as he positions his fingers on the neck of his guitar and I copy, looking up for his approval.

We don't stop until around five thirty when my grumbling stomach outweighs my wanting to learn. "My fingers hurt," I whine as I follow him into the kitchen, studying the guitar string indentations on my fingertips.
"You'll get callouses eventually and it'll stop hurting," he promises as he looks through his fridge that's pretty much empty except for beer. "Wanna just order a pizza or something?" he asks as he pulls out his phone.
"I vote Chinese," I say as I sit at the table and watch him.
"We'll get both," he says with a shrug as he dials a number. I fold my arms over the table and rest my chin on them as my eyes follow him while he paces and talks on the phone. He hangs up and starts dialing another number, and I find it amusing that he seems to have the numbers memorized. "What do you want?" he asks as he pulls the phone away from his ear.
"Sesame chicken and white rice."
He nods and relays that to the person on the phone, then gives them his address and hangs up. "Want anything to drink?" he asks as he goes to the fridge.
"What do you have?" I ask, even though I know the answer.
"Um..." he stares at the sparce fridge for a second. "Beer. And tap water."
"Beer," I reply and he pulls two out and slides it across the table to me before sitting down. "You need to go grocery shopping," I inform him as I open the can and take a sip.
He shrugs his shoulders and opens his drink. "I usually just order a pizza or whatever."
"Because that's completely healthy," I say sarcastically.
He frowns at me. "It's bread, cheese, meat, tomato and ocasionally broccoli. Completely healthy."
I roll my eyes and take another drink of the cheap alcohol. "Tomorrow I'm taking you grocery shopping."
His frown deepens. "You and freakin' May keep babying me. I'm a grown ass man!"
"Who's May?" I ask as I try not to laugh at his mini temper tantrum.
"My sister," he grumbles, then his eyes light up and the frown disappears."She wants to meet you."
I raise an eyebrow and ask, "You told her about me?"
He shrugs again. "Alex did." A small smirk comes onto his face and he adds, "He wants us to bang almost as much as I do."
My cheeks flame and I duck my head and stare intently at the design on my beer can. "i know, he was uh... Trying to wingman for you, I think."
"Oh shit, what did he say?" he asks, sounding amused but a little wary.
"That you think I'm pretty and you get a half-boner just looking at me," I say as I spin my can around in my hands and curse my tendency to blush over stupid things.
"Well, at least he's being honest," he says casually, then laughs when my face undoubtedly turns the color of a tomato. "It's a compliment, no need to be embarrassed."
"Most girls would actually find that disrespectful," I point out as I finally look up and see him smirking.
"Well, I meant it in the most respectful way possible," he promises before draining his beer and grabbing a new one.
"Well... Thanks, I guess?" I say awkwardly.
He smirks again, then the doorbell rings and he runs off.

"Stop!" I smack Jack's hand away for the millionth time. "You already ate six pieces of pizza!"
"But I want sesame chicken," he whines and juts his lower lip out, making him look like a little kid.
"You should have ordered some then," I say as I pick up a piece of chicken with my chopsticks and put it in my mouth, Jack's eyes following the small piece of meat.
"Please?" his voice sounds like a whimper, and his eyes are wide, and he just looks downright adorable. "I'll love you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and-"
"Oh my God!" I interrupt. "Fine, here." I push the half empty carton of food to him and he looks so happy, it's almost worth not finishing it myself.
He picks up my chopsticks and begins spearing chicken. "You're my official best friend," he informs me.
I roll my eyes and finish drinking my beer. "Thanks." I pick up the fortune cookie that had come with my meal and crack it open. "Passion awaits you," I read before tossing half of the cookie in my mouth.
"I agree. Let's go have sex," Jack says as he finishes the last of my food.
"Hate is also a passion," I remind him as I eat the rest of the cookie.
He shrugs, "Angry sex is the best sex."
I nod my head in agreement. "That is very true."
He raises an eyebrow and leans forward. "Is that a yes to sex?"
I roll my eyes and stand up and grab the empty carton off the table. "You wish." I throw it in the garbage and glance at the clock on the stove. "I should probably be heading home," I say as I grab my phone off the table.
"No, not yet," he whines as he stands up. "I wanna hang out."
"We've been hanging out all day," I point out as I slip my converse on and start walking through the house to the front door.
He follows after me. "So? I wanna hang out more." He stands in front of the door and pouts again. "And besides, the roads are really bad, you should wait until the plow comes."
I sigh and cross my arms, but smile at his persistence. "Jack..."
"Don't make me start singing Baby It's Cold Outside!" he threatens.
I grin. "I'll stay if you sing."
He seems conflicted by this, but after a minute he sighs and in a monotonous voice sings, "Baby it's bad out there... No cabs to be had out there.... Your eyes are like starlight now. I'll take your hat your hair looks swell."
I giggle and applaud him. "Okay, I'll stay."
He tries to act annoyed, but a smile creeps through. "We're watching Christmas movies," he informs me as he drags me to the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, since the last chapter sucked horrendously I hope this one is better :)
Let me know what you think! Even if you despise it completely, let me know!!!