Status: Updating as much as possible

She's Glitter and Gold

Eleven

I wake up disoriented and try rolling over, but another body stops me. My eyes slowly open and I shut them immediately when they come in contact with the bright TV screen.
I blink a couple more times and see the menu screen for Rudolph up. I yawn and become more aware of my surroundings.
A warm body is pressed against my back and an arm is thrown over my waist.
My eyes widen when I realize I'm spooning. With Jack.
I can feel his warm breath on my neck and I close my eyes, and try to calm my internal freak out.
It's not a big deal , I tell myself. We just fell asleep. And now we're spooning. Friends cuddle
I open my eyes again and try to get off the couch without waking the boy behind me.
I hear him mumble something incoherently and freeze halfway off the couch. I try to keep my balance on the edge of the piece of furniture, but Jack shifts his body a little, and me being the klutz I am, fall off onto the floor. "Fuck," I mutter as I sit up and rub my hip that I'd landed on.
"You okay?" a sleepy voice asks and I turn to see a smiling Jack.
"You pushed me off the couch," I accuse with a scowl.
"Well, maybe we should sleep on my bed next time," he suggests with a smirk. "More room."
I roll my eyes and stand up and walk over to the window. I pull open the curtains, flooding the room with light. "It stopped snowing," I announce before grabbing my phone off the floor. "And it's twelve thirty."
"Too early," he groans and rolls over, burying his face in the cushion.
"Up," I order. "I'm taking you grocery shopping."
"No," he whines, and curls his body up into the fetal position. "Jack tired. Jack sleep and Rihanna shop for Jack."
I roll my eyes and can't help but smile at his immaturity. "Jack better get his ass up before Rihanna puts Nair in Jack's shampoo."
He sits up quickly and frowns at me as he runs his fingers through his hair, as if to reassure himself that it was still there. "Jack thinks Rihanna is cold hearted bitch."
I grab his arm and pull him off the couch. "Rihanna thinks Jack is a three year old in a twenty-four year old's body." I push him towards his room as we playfully bicker in third person. "I'm stealing some clothes," I inform him as I look through his dresser.
"You still have my Ravens hoodie," he says as he reaches around me and grabs clothes for himself.
"I'm keeping it," I inform him as I pull out the smallest looking pair of skinny jeans he owns.
"Jerk," he grumbles.
I turn around and find him stripping out of his clothes. "Slut," I tease before leaving the room.
"Only for you," he calls after.

"Can I get ice cream?" Jack asks excitedly as we walk through the frozen section.
"Sure," I say as I toss a box of frozen waffles into the cart. Jack disappears and a moment later comes back juggling four half gallons in his arms. "Only one," I clarify and take one of the containers from him.
"But-"
"One," I interrupt.
He pouts but goes to return the other containers. I grab some frozen vegetables and go in search of Jack. I find him around the corner in the alcohol section. He turns to look at me, wide eyed as he holds up a bottle. "It's birthday cake fucking flavored vodka!" he says excitedly as he sticks it in the cart.
I laugh at how happy that made him. "Have you ever made Skittle flavored vodka?" I ask as he sticks a few six packs in next to the bottle.
"Is that a thing?" he asks as his eyes nearly bulge out of his skull.
"Yeah," I laugh and grab a bottle of plain vodka. "I'll teach you how to make it."
He starts skipping beside me through the store happily and I can't seem to stop smiling. "Bacon," he says as he throws a package of the meat into the car.
I turn down the candy aisle that's occupied by a teenage girl who gives us a funny look, but I ignore it and grab a couple bags of Skittles.
"Um, excuse me?" My head pops up at the voice, but she seems to be directing her words to the moron that's piling candy bars into the cart. "Um, you're Jack," she says, her voice full of nervous excitement. "Jack Barakat."
He grins at her and curtsies, holding out an imaginary skirt. "The one and only."
Her face turns pink and her green eyes widen. "Oh my gosh, it's really you. Can I get a picture? I mean, if that's not a problem I just-"
"Of course you can," he interrupts her stammering as he skips over to her side. "Ri, do you mind taking it?" he asks.
I shrug and take the girl's phone and click onto the camera. "Smile," I say as I step back to get a better picture. The girl looks like she's about to pass out and her face turns even more rosy when Jack slips his arm around her waist. I snap a couple pictures, then smile and hand the phone back to the starstruck girl.
"Thank you so much," she gushes as she pulls Jack into a tight hug. "I love your band so much. Like, you guys saved my life."
Jack returns the hug, lifting the petite girl off the ground a bit. "Are you coming to our show next week?" he asks as he sets her down, and by the smile on his face I realize he's just as happy as she is.
"It sold out," she says and her smile falters a little bit.
"What's your name?" he asks as he pulls out his phone.
"Jenny," she answers as she watches him text someone.
"Do you know who Flyzik is?" he asks after sending the text. She says she does and he says, "Find him at the venue and he'll have a ticket for you."
The girls eyes widen and her jaw drops, then she hugs him again, making him laugh. "Thank you. Oh my gosh, thank you so much."
After she leaves I smile at him. "That was really sweet," I inform him as we walk into the next aisle.
He shrugs his shoulders. "Matt's probably gonna stab me for it."
I laugh and we continue shopping for a while, and I can't help but smile every time I remember the girl's face. I glance over at Jack and my stomach does a weird, flippy thing that I classify as butterflies. Weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was smiling a lot writing this, because come on, how awesome would it be to run into Jack in the store and have him give you free tickets?! I would probably die haha.
Comments are welcome! Things are gonna get super dramatic soon hehe. ;)
What do you guys think the announcement is gonna be tomorrow?? Someone told me that ATL, PTV, MP and YMAS are gonna be touring together and if that's true my life will be made!!!