Status: Updating as much as possible

She's Glitter and Gold

Four

I wake up to the uncomfortable feeling of barely being able to breathe. I groan and try rolling over but my body is trapped under something.
My eyes open and I blink a few times, adjusting to the sudden change of lighting.
"Good morning, Sleeping Ugly," an obnoxiously high pitched voice says.
My eyes focus on my sister's grinning face, and I realize I'm lacking oxygen because she's sitting on top of me. "Bonnie, move your fat ass," I groan as I weakly shove her.
She giggles and crawls off of me. I roll over, putting my back to her in hopes that she'll leave me alone. "So... A little bird told me you went out with a certain Jack Barakat."
I sigh, and sit up and stretch, knowing she won't let me get any more sleep. "Would that little bird happen to be a certain boyfriend that you've been dating for eight months without telling me?" I ask before yawning and laying back down.
She smirks and crosses her legs Indian style. "And how many years did it take for you to tell me about Jim McAsshole?"
I roll my eyes. "That's different, I'm your big sister, you're supposed to annoy me to death with stupid information about him."
She grins and sits up straighter. "Well, he has a really big d-"
"Not that kind of information," I interrupt with a scowl.
She laughs and then seems to remember what I had tried veering the conversation away from. "So, Jack's pretty cute, huh?"
I sit up and shrug. "Sure." I climb out of the uncomfortable twin bed that had to be at least ten years old and walk over to my dresser.
"He's in a pretty popular band," she says excitedly, and I can practically see her invisible wingman hat.
"I know," I reply as I strip out of my clothes and pull on a fresh pair of jeans.
"He's a complete sweetheart once you get past the constant penis jokes."
I slip a black tank top on, then a red flannel over that. "Is there anything not disgusting to eat?" i change the subject.
She sighs loudly and lays back on my bed. "Nope. Mom's on another health kick."
I groan and pull some socks on, not caring that they're mismatched. "Wanna get breakfast somewhere?" I ask as I slip on boots and grab my wallet.
"It's one thirty," she says while sitting up and getting off the bed.
"Lunch then?"
"Do I ever turn down food?"

My eyes skim over the menu briefly, then I set it down and watch my sister as she studies hers intently. "Do you think they'd let me swap the salad for fries?"
"Probably."
She sighs and continues to stare at the menu. "Are you two ready to order?" our waiter asks as he sets our drinks down.
I look at Bonnie to see her response. "I want..." she trails off, then slams the menu shut. "the broccoli soup meal thing, but fries instead of salad."
He nods and scribbles her order down on his pad, then looks at me. "Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup."
He scribbles that down, then smiles. "Alright, if you need anything, just ask," he says before walking through the nearly empty restaurant.
"So," Bonnie says, putting her elbows on the table and rests her chin on her fists. "I think you and Jack would make a phenomenal couple."
"Phenomenal," I repeat teasingly. "That's a big word."
"Lit major," she reminds with a smirk. "Now stop changing the subject. You dig him?"
I roll my eyes and take a sip of my water. "I just got broken up with by my boyfriend of five years," I remind her.
"Exactly!" she exclaims, like I'd just proven something. "You need to get back in the dating world. Get laid."
I raise an eyebrow. "Remember when you found out what sex was and announced that adoption was the only way you were having kids?"
"I was also nine," she says with a laugh.
Our waiter comes with our food, ending our sex conversation.
We eat in silence until her phone goes off, playing a song that sounds like All Time Low.
Backseat serenade, dizzy hurricane. Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alon -
"Hey sexy," she says into the phone. The person on the other line, whom I assume to be Alex, says something that makes her laugh. "I'm having lunch with Ri." she pauses. "Yes, That Ri. Didn't I tell you, I'm seducing him away from Cass." another pause, then she laughs again, and glances up at me. "No, I don't think she'll mind." I raise an eyebrow in question, but she waves me away. "Okay, we'll be there in a bit... Love you too."
She hangs up and smiles at me. "What?" I ask through a mouthful of the rest of my sandwich.
"We're going over Alex's," she announces as she waves our waiter over.
"Bon, I gotta start figuring out where I'm gonna move and-"
"Shut up, you're coming," she orders as she takes the bill from the guy and hands it to me. I continue whining until she tells me to shut up. I stick the money into the bill voucher, then place a twenty under my cup for a tip. "Someone's generous," Bonnie comments as we stand and walk out of the restaurant.
"It's a slow day," I explain. "Who knows if he'll get another tip all day."
She rolls her eyes and we get into my car. "I swear, you're nice to everyone but me."
"I just bought you lunch," I remind her. "And I'm going to your boyfriend's for no apparent reason."
She giggles and pulls her seatbelt on. "I have my reasons," she says mischieveously.
I stop turning the car on and look at her. "Bonnie..."
"Yes?" she asks innocently.
"Why are we going to Alex's?"
"So you guys can get to know each other," she says in a 'duh' voice.
I roll my eyes, knowing she's scheming something, then pull out out of the parking lot and follow her directions to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a filler-ish chapter..
Thank you to everyone that's read/commented/subscribed and recommended! I love getting feedback, whether you're telling me it's amazing or it sucks, haha. :)