Status: Updating as much as possible

She's Glitter and Gold

Five

Upon entering Alex's home, I'm engulfed by the smell of pizza and alcohol.
"Honey, I'm home," Bonnie yells as she walks out of the entryway and disappears into what I assume is the kitchen.
I pull off my boots and follow the invisible trail my sister had left, until I find myself in a kitchen that's occupied by Alex, my sister and a guy and girl I don't recognize.
I awkwardly shift from one foot to another, not knowing what to do. "Ri, this is Rian and Cassadee," Bonnie says as she motions to the couple I hadn't recognized, then adds, "Guys, this is my sister Rihanna."
We all exchange nice-to-meet-you's, and I take a seat next to my sister at the table. Rian asks me about why I'm back in Baltimore and , rather than share my sob story, I simply reply, "Just visiting."
They all talk and laugh until three pizzas are obliterated, and I just sit there, feeling a bit awkward. If my sister's plan was to make me feel like a fifth-wheel, it was definitely working.
Around the time I'm wishing to melt into my seat, I hear the front door open, and a minute later Jack and a guy who looks strangely familiar walk in. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Jack yells when he sees the empty pizza boxes.
"That's what you get for stealing my hairspray," Cassadee says, making everyone but Jack laugh.
He pouts and takes the seat next to me, and the familiar guy sits across from me. "Do I know you?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.
"I think so," he says with a small frown. "You look really familiar."
We keep staring at each other for a minute until I remember. "Oh! You dated my best friend's sister in high school!" I exclaim, suddenly remembering him teaching me how to skateboard. "Zack, right?"
He grins, remembrance filling his eyes. "Rihanna! That's who you are."
"Damn, how've you been?" We talk for a while, and I'm grateful that I'm no longer the awkward one out.
Apparently Jack doesn't like becoming the seventh wheel, because suddenly he jumps up and announces that he's going to watch Home Alone. My eyes widen at the mention of my favorite movie. "I'm joining," I say as I get out of my seat.
He grins and looks at the small group of people. "Anyone else?" They all groan in response and he laughs a bit evilly, then grabs my hand and pulls me in the direction of the stairs.
"They don't like Home Alone?" I guess, using my amazing deduction skills.
We climb the stairs and go into a bedroom that I guess to be Alex's. "I kind of watch it six hundred times a year," he says a bit sheepishly as he starts digging through a small collection of dvd's. "So they all despise it."
I sit cross legged on the huge, king sized bed and casually check out how cute his ass looks in his jeans. "How can anyone hate it though? It's the best movie ever!"
"Right!" he says as he turns around suddenly. "I mean- wait..." he raises an eyebrow at me. "We're you just staring at my butt?"
I feel my cheeks turn pink, but roll my eyes. "No, I was wondering how on earth you fit in those jeans."
He smirks and nods his head. "Right. It's pretty cute, isn't it?" he asks as he turns sideways so I can get a good view of it.
I laugh and feel my face heat up even more, and I hate myself for actually looking due to lack of self control. "Someone's full of themselves."
A grin spreads across his face and he turns to put the DVD in. "I'm just stating a fact, and you obviously agree."
"I never said I agree!" I argue, crossing my arms across my chest.
He comes and sits on the bed next to me and rumples my hair.
"You also didn't disagree," he points out. I blush again and roll my eyes. "Nothing to be embarrassed about. You have a pretty cute butt too."
I laugh and tell him to shut up since the movie's starting.
We spend the next half hour or so quoting the movie to each other, and laughing at each other.
Around the time Kevin starts setting up traps, my phone rings. I pull it out of my pocket and frown when I see Jim's name scrolling across the screen.
My heart leaps up into my throat and I quickly excuse myself into the hall. I clear my throat and click answer. "Hello?" I ask, and my voice sounds so hopeful, and I realize that I am hopeful. Hopeful that he's calling to fix things.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" his harsh voice answers, crushing my hopes.
"Excuse me?" I copy his angry voice, trying to mask tears that were threatening for some stupid reason.
"I know you were pissed, but are you fucking kidding me?" he yells, then starts rambling on and on, his voice growing louder until I have to hold my phone away from my ear.
"Jim!" I finally interrupt when I realize I have no idea what he's going on about. "What happened?"
He laughs angrily. "Don't play innocent, bitch. I know you stole my tickets."
"What?!" my voice raises as I realize what he's accusing me of. "You're seriously blaming me, the girl who despises hockey, for stealing your tickets?"
"Well, they were here before you left!" I can just imagine him right now, face red, pacing back and forth, and I can't deny how much I miss him.
"You kicked me out," I remind, lowering my voice with a sigh. "Did you look on top of the fridge?" I lean against the wall and listen to his feet shuffling as he goes to look. I hear a sigh on the other line, and I know he found them. "I miss you," I say quietly, and I sort of hope he doesn't hear.
"I know," he sighs and his voice is void of the anger that had occupied it seconds ago. I'm full of hope again. "I love you Ri, but I need something more in life..." he trails off, and I squeeze my eyes shut, and nod to myself, then whisper a goodbye and hang up.
I take a couple deep breaths before walking back into the room where Jack's waiting with the paused movie. "You okay?" he asks, looking apologetic, and I figure he must have heard most of my side of the conversation.
"I'm awesome," I say sarcastically as I return to my seat on the bed.
"Stuff like that is why I avoid relationships at all costs," he says as he presses play. I sigh and lay down on my stomach, and try to force Jim out of my mind, with little to no success.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know how I feel about this chapter.. I've never done Jack as one of the main characters before, so I feel like I'm doing an awful job expressing his personality ugh.
But, my subscribers have doubled since I last updated!!! Thank you guys so much for the lovely feedback :) I have a lot of silent readers, and just know that even a two word comment makes me ecstatic. :)