Status: Updating as much as possible

She's Glitter and Gold

Seven

After the show I run off stage, bouncing a bit as I go, adrenaline and caffeine pumping through my veins. "FUCK YEAH, BALTIMORE!" I scream for no apparent reason.
"Who gave him coffee?" Matt asks as he tosses me a water bottle.
"Sorry," Zack, the giver of coffee, apologizes.
I chug the water bottle in about four seconds, then throw the empty plastic into a nearby recycling bin. "So where are we going tonight?" I ask as I look around at everyone putting our equipment away.
"Home?" Rian asks hopefully.
"We could go to a club," Alex suggests as he pours water over his head.
"You have better drinks at your house," Zack says as he places a hand on my shoulder to stop me from absent minded bouncing.
"That's true," Alex agrees.
Suddenly I realize a lack of female presence and I look around. "Where are the All Time Hoes?" I ask before jumping on Zack's back so I can get a better view.
"Don't call them that," Rian grumbles for probably the millionth time.
"Fine," I sigh dramatically. "Where's girlfriend one and two and girlfriend two's sexy sister?"
Zack forcefully pushes me off of him, onto a couch and answers, "Hiding from you?"
I roll my eyes and before I can ask again I hear a now familiar voice say, "We were, but alas, I just can't resist his sweaty skunk hair."
I jump off the couch and look around until my eyes land on the three girls entering the crowded back room. "I knew you wouldn't be able to," I say with a smirk.
Rihanna rolls her eyes and comes to stand in between Zack and me. "Bonnie said we're going somewhere?" she directs the question at Zack, which is slightly annoying. Actually, the whole hard-to-get thing was getting annoying.
"We were actually just gonna all hang out at Alex's," Zack replies. They continue talking, ignoring my presence for the most part.
I frown, cross my arms and sigh dramatically, but they don't seem to notice my silent temper tantrum, so I walk away.
I find Bonnie hanging off of Alex's sweaty arm and drag her away from the him and some security guard. "Can I help you?" she asks as I stop in the corner of the room.
"Why is she ignoring me?" I ask, trying not to sound like a whiny two year old.
And amused smile spreads across her lips. "I thought she wasn't your type?" she taunts.
I glare at her and cross my arms. "Just answer the question."
She laughs and looks over my shoulder, then back at me. "She's awkward around guys."
"So she ignores them?" I ask incredulously.
"Yup," she says with a nod. "I mean, Jim was her only serious relationship, so she's kind of inexperienced in the boy department."
"Hmm." I consider her words as I glance over my shoulder at Rihanna who's still talking to Zack. She catches me staring and smiles a little before returning her attention to the bassist. "How come she's not ignoring Zack then?" I ask as I turn to face her sister again.
She shrugs her shoulders and by the smile on her face I know she's getting a kick out of me asking her so much about her sister. "She knows him, and as far as I know, she's not attracted to him."
I'm about to ask her for more advice, but am interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. "You trying to steal my woman, Barakat?" Alex asks as he jokingly shoves me away.
"Well, someone's gotta satisfy her," I point out as I smirk and shove him back.
His eyebrows raise and his jaw drops. "Wait? Did your balls finally drop?!"
"Hey, at least I have a non-micropenis," I tease and we continue shoving each other until Matt comes up and pulls us apart by our hair.
The screams we let out somewhat resemble that of five year old girls,and draw the attention of everyone in the room to us. "Everyone out of the venue and into whatever vehicle you're taking," Matt yells. "The cops want you out ASAP, and if you aren't off the premises in five minutes I will personally chop your balls off."
"What if we lack balls?" Rihanna asks as we all head for the door, but I think I'm the only one who hears her. I grin at her, and she smiles slightly.
"Can I ride with you?" I ask casually as I fall in step with her. "Your sister and Alex have really weird conversations."
We step out into the parking lot and I notice her hug herself to ward off the cold weather. I wish I had my coat to give her, but then I remember she still has it from the previous night. "Um, sure," she says, and I smile as I follow her to her car.
A large group of fans on the other side of the fence yell over at me and I grin and wave at them, and yell "I love you too" back at the many declarations of love.
When we get in the car she turns the heat on and shivers a little. "Oh," she says as she turns her body from the waist up and reaches into the backseat. "I forgot to give this back." She pulls out the coat I'd been thinking about moments before and hands it to me.
I give it back to her. "You're shivering," I point out.
She hesitates a little, then pulls it on. Even though she can't be much smaller than me, it looks huge on her. "Thanks," she mumbles as she puts the car in reverse and pulls out of the parking spot.
"So what did you think of the show?" I ask once we're on the road.
"It was awesome!" she says enthusiastically, then glances at me out of the corner of her eye. "You're really good. On the guitar, I mean." she seems embarrassed complimenting me, and I grin at her.
"Do you play?"
She laughs and shakes her head. "Do I turn here?" she asks, and I nod. "I took lessons when I was younger, but, according to my teacher, I lack the 'finger skills.'"
I nod and try to keep a straight face as I say, "I have pretty good finger skills... Or so I'm told."
She rolls her eyes, but laughs. She asks me which way to go again and we fall into silence for a while except for me giving her directions occasionally.
I notice the compartment in between our seats is full of CDs and I happily pull a stack out and start looking through them. "Third Eye Blind," I say as I nod my approval. "Blink 182, we're getting married..." she laughs and I continue looking through them, commenting on the few that I recognize. A lot of them are unfamiliar though, and the variety of genres is intense. "How on earth do you go from DWP to Owl City?" I ask as I stare at the CDs that are polar opposites.
"They're both amazing albums," she says simply as she plucks the Owl City one from my fingers and sticks the disk into her CD player. "This album is complete genius," she informs me as she skips over to a song and turns the volume up.
I take in the electronic music, and, just to piss her off say, "Pansy music."
She gives me a dirty look before looking back at the dark road. "You're just jealous because he's had two number one radio hits and you've had none."
I laugh at how defensive she got and tilt my head to the side as I hear a familiar girl's voice in the song. "Is that Lights?"
Her frown is changed into a pleased smile. "It is indeed."
"I know her," I say as I continue searching through her CDs.
"WHAT?!" she screeches.
Startled, I look up at the girl who's eyes are dangerously off the road and glued on me. "I know her?" I repeat slowly, smiling a little as I recognize the starstruck look on her face.
She looks back at the road, but her eye are still wide. "Like, you know her know her, or you've like, said hi before?"
"I've played video games with her a couple times," I say with a shrug of my shoulders.
"Oh..my...God," she says slowly, and I don't think she's blinked in a whole minute. "So like, if she were in town and you asked her to hang out, she would?"
I shrug again. "Yeah, probably."
She mumbles 'oh my god' a few more times, then just as soon as her fangirling had come, it leaves. "Was I supposed to turn back there?" she asks as she cranes her neck to look behind us.
I look out the window at the dark, unfamiliar street. "Oh, yeah."
She lets out a breath through her nose and does a K-turn in a driveway. "I went to one of her concerts once," she says as she makes the correct turn. "and she signed my bra."
"Can I see?" I ask, only half joking.
Surprisingly she doesn't roll her eyes or tell me to shut up. Instead she takes a hand off the wheel and tugs her tank top down on one side, revealing the top half of her white bra that has a signature scrawled across it in sharpie. "I literally almost died," she says as she pulls the tank top back in place.
"Do you always get your bras signed by musicians?" I ask curiously as I point for her to turn left.
She smirks at me briefly. "Only if they're hot."
I raise an eyebrow, that comment instantly sparking my interest. "So you're bi?" I ask as a couple possible scenarios pop into my head.
"Nope. She's just hot."
I frown, a little disappointed. "That house," I say as I point to the driveway that's already occupied by multiple cars.
She parks on the curb due to the lack of space in the driveway, then jumps out of the car with me following. "It's freaking cold," she says as we hurry to the front door.
"Says the girl that's wearing my jacket."
"You offered it, so I don't feel guilty." she grins and pulls open the screen door, then pushes the wood one open. Immediately we're flooded with the sound of music. All Time Low. Alex was borderline cocky.
"HEY BASTARDS, TURN THIS SHIT DOWN," I yell over the music, announcing my presence.
"HEY BASTARD, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE," Alex yells back from the kitchen, and I grab Rihanna's hand and pull her into the room that's full of people getting drinks and laughing.
I release her hand and grab two beers off the counter and walk back over to where she's pulling off my coat. "What's somebody like you doing in a place like this?" I sing in an awful Timbaland impression as I hold one of the bottles out to her.
She smirks and takes it from me. "I think I just found out why you're not lead singer."
I roll my eyes and pull her out of the crowded room that seemed to be packing more and more people inside. "I think Alex invited half of Baltimore."
"Wanna steal more beer and ditch?" she yells in my ear, and thanks to the music it takes me half a second to put together her words.
I grin, and yell, "I'll meet you at your car in five."
She nods and turns to push her way through the crowded living room. I half walk, half dance my way to the kitchen where I manage to steal a couple six packs without any noticing.
I hurry to the door, waving a farewell to Alex who already looks smashed, and hum tunelessly.
I'm getting some tonight
♠ ♠ ♠
I was in a writing mood so two chapters, one day! Wooh! Also, I'm just in a Jack mood, so it's in his POV again. Next will most likely be in Rihanna's again.
My subscribers keep growing and that makes me happy :3 I'd be even happier if you all commented..cough cough... ;)