The Kandice Kane Story

Night at the Graveyard

As the chilly midnight air swept through the night, a slim sixteen-year-old girl with copper hair and green eyes stood alone in the dark. Kandice tried to cover as much of her body up as possible.
‘Hell, it’s just September’ She thought. Suddenly she felt a cold prickly shiver out of fear.
‘Don’t tell me he is here’ she said mentally. Out of the corner of her eye she saw something move. Not wanting to make it feel threatened she stood still. She heard footsteps getting closer; she closed her eyes.
‘If I just stay in this spot hopefully it will leave’ She thought. But it didn’t. It stayed there and watched her. Slowly Kandice started to move. She heard heavy breathing, but she didn’t feel any danger. She crept toward her car, as she did she heard footsteps.
‘This is so not a good night to be in a cemetery alone’ She thought. Normally she wouldn’t mind. But tonight she does.
Last week she lost her cousin Jeramy, and her parents seemed to have fled. Jermy was the type of person who would let her do anything, well almost.
Suddenly the something that was behind her grabbed her and turned her around. Kandice screamed.
“Kandi calm down!” A male voice said.
“DON’T CALL ME KANDI!” Kandice yelled. From the little light the moon gave off she noticed, the figure was tall, muscular, and had longish hair. She could tell who it was. It just so happened to be Hank, a guy she had known her whole life.
“Sorry! I forgot. Why are you here anyways?” Hank asked.
“I was just about to ask you the same thing.” Kandice said bitterly. She hated it when Hank trailed her like a dog. She hated for anyone to, except for Jermy. Jermy was like an older brother. Not at all like a cousin.
“I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about Jeramy. They, um he was too-”
“Too young right? Well you don’t think I know that? Of course I know that! Hell, I was there when it happened!” Kandice suddenly burst into tears. Hank just stood there staring. He was in shock, Kandice hardly ever cried. Hank tried to get closer to give her a hug, but Kandice jerked away.
“No, I don’t need this! I already cried my part!” but she couldn’t stop. She started to run. Hank followed. Knowing what he did, he didn’t want Kandice to be alone at a time like this. Soon after Kandice started to run she collapsed. Breathing heavily, she decided that she couldn’t shake Hank off.
When Hank caught up, he embraced Kandice and she let him hold her for a while. When she couldn’t cry anymore, or so she was sure, she looked at Hank.
“I’m sorry you had to see me like this” she quietly said.
“ No, it’s ok. It’s not everyday someone is lucky enough to see those beautiful eyes shed tears” Hank whispered. Kandice smiled for a brief second, then it disappeared. “What’s wrong?” Hank asked.
“It seems wrong to smile with out Jeramy here” Kandice said sadly. She looked away, and then back at Hank.
“I know kiddo. It’s hard, trust me I know, Jeramy was a really good friend to me.” Hank said so low Kandice nearly missed what he said.
“You and Jermy didn’t even like each other” Kandice said coldly.
“Oh yes we did, there in the end, he got pissed at me for no reason. And so we just stopped talking. Jeramy was violent that night we stopped talking. He was drunk, and he thought-” Hank trailed off.
“He thought what? Hank, are you okay?” Kandice said with concern.
“Another story for another time Kandice, it’s time to get you home now, come on.” Hank said, pulling Kandice up to her feet.
“Hank, I, Hank I want to know, please tell me.” Kandice pleaded.
“No, just come on, people will be worried if we don’t get you home.” Hank said firmly. Kandice gave up, and followed Hank out from the woods and in to the cemetery. When they came upon Hank’s truck Kandice stopped.
“I can take my car.” Kandice said quickly.
“No, I think it is best if I take you home. You look tired.” Hank replied. Kandice gave Hank a weird look.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah ok so if you don't totally understand it, then message me and I'll explain it all to you!