Love is Blind

Harlow Davis

“Harlow, come on babe, we’ve got to go!”

I glanced up at Cassandra and held up a finger to halt her. She sighed and rolled her eyes but she still left the room. Smiling to myself, I fluffed out my blonde hair, which was done in big, wavy curls for the movie premiere. It was still kind of a shock that I was invited. This whole experience was still shocking.

Pulling out my iPhone, I opened my Twitter app and quickly scrolled through my mentions. I followed a couple of people who had clever things to say and weren’t asking for a retweet or a follow and then opened up a new tweet. Moving towards the door, I kept my eyes on my phone as I quickly typed an update.

iitsharlow Harlow Davis
Heading out to a premiere – unreal! Hoping to see @NiallOfficial while I’m there ;).

I knew it would probably stir up more rumors and create unwanted attention for both of us but I pressed send anyway. It was the simple truth – I was hoping to see Niall there. The movie didn’t even sound interesting but if our texts and tweets were anything to go off of then Niall would at least bring some kind of amusement.

Slipping my phone into the little black clutch that matched my dress I headed out to the car that was idling on the curb, waiting for me. It was a black town car, nothing fancy but the inside smelled nice and the driver got out to open the door for me. I smiled at him as I ducked inside and joined my assistant. Cassandra looked better than me in her stunning red dress but I didn’t mind. If people wanted to gawk at her then the eyes would be off of me.

“So this is what? A zombie love story?” Cass asked as my phone vibrated in my clutch.

I nodded as I fished it out. “Yeah, apparently,” I replied absentmindedly. My phone lit up and I smiled at the tweet reply on my screen.

NiallOfficial Niall Horan
@iitsharlow me and the lads are here already. just waiting on you!

Chuckling to myself, I hit the button on top of my phone to lock it and shoved it back in my clutch. The world did not need anymore fodder for the Harlow-and-Niall rumors. Cassandra was staring at me with a funny look on her face when I glanced up at her. She looked half confused and half amused as she stared at me. If it were anyone else I would have made some stupid remark but instead I turned my attention to the city lights outside of my window.

As we pulled up to the red carpet Cassandra grabbed my arm. She looked panicked for a moment. As my plus-one she wasn’t going to be slinking around in the background keeping tabs on things I should or shouldn’t be doing and things interviewers could or couldn’t ask –not that I ever followed the rules anyway- but she was going to be by my side every step of the way.

“It’s fine Cass,” I soothed her. “Just take a deep breath and keep smiling. That’s all.”

She nodded as the door popped open and flashbulbs went off. I did my best to keep my brightest smile plastered to my face but I felt stupid smiling like an idiot all the time. Linking my arm with Cassandra’s, I guided us through the red carpet and stepped free only to pose for a few pictures before linking up with her again. We made it to the end without any serious damage – I didn’t have to answer any questions. There wasn’t any sign of Niall though.

I contemplated pulling my phone from my clutch but thought better of it and continued moving through the crowd. Cassandra squeezed my arm every time she saw a guy she thought was hot – Ryan Gosling, Nick Jonas, Josh Duhamel – and then squealed in a pitch I thought only dogs would be able to hear. Rolling my eyes, I turned to her to tell her we should just head in when my eyes locked with a pair of blue ones a few feet away.

Those are the kind of eyes people write songs about. Shaking my head slightly, I shot Niall a smile and raised my fingers in a little wave. My instincts were telling me to go to him so we could hang out but I rebelled against them and pulled Cass through the crowd to the entrance of the screening room.

My phone vibrated in my clutch and I pulled it out as Cassandra found our seats. There was a text waiting for me and I couldn’t help but laugh as I read it.

Too good to come talk to me?

Maybe ;) I sent back before settling into the uncomfortable looking chair.

“So is there anyone good in this movie?” Cassandra whispered to me as the theater around us filled up.

I pulled my shoulder up in a shrug and glanced around. I wouldn’t have admitted it if someone asked but I was trying to catch a glimpse of Niall. Beside me Cassandra was squirming in her seat but I ignored it as my phone buzzed again.

Me and the lads aren’t staying for the film

Frowning, I risked another glance around the dark room before typing a reply. That’s too bad ‘cause I was hoping you’d sit with me.

The reply was nearly instantaneous. Come round for drinks later?

I glanced at Cassandra and bit my lip. A part of me was telling me to just go for it and say yes but at the same time I didn’t want to just ditch her after the movie.

“Niall just asked me for drinks later,” I whispered to her to get a feel for her reaction.

She cocked her eyebrow at me and tilted her head to the side in her typical disapproving glance. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

No. “Why not?”

Cassandra shrugged. “If that’s what you want to do.”

Taking that as an okay, I told Niall yes before shoving my phone back into my clutch. Now I just had to sit through two hours of some random zombie love story before the real fun could begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Amanda again.
I have no idea what happened with this chapter.
Hope you liked it anyway! xx