Four Hearts, Two Pathways

Prolouge

It was now the sixth year of Harry Potter’s career as a student at Hogwarts and of course things hadn’t gotten easier. However he wasn’t the only student at Hogwarts that was affected by both his infamy and fame. Students like Sage Foxley and Atria Zephyr were affected too. One a Hufflepuff and one a Slytherin. These two girls were lucky enough to be in the same graduating class with the Chosen One and still weren’t sure if it was a positive or a negative.

You see these two were polar opposites of each other. One a hard worker in everything she did and loyal to anyone she deemed worthy. No wonder she was a Hufflepuff. The other was a troublemaker, but what Slytherin wasn’t?

The Hufflepuff was Sage Foxley. A simple, sweet girl with two caring parents and a best friend as an older, seventh year, sister called Juniper. Sage was sucked into the drama of having Harry Potter as a classmate during her fourth year, the year the TriWizard Tournament rolled around. Sage had been really good friends with Cedric Diggory... well when he was chosen, along with Harry, she had met and bonded with Hermione Granger over the stress of having dear friends in a deadly game.

That game didn’t end well for Cedric. After his death Sage buried herself in her studies and trained ten times harder for Quidditch. As a result of her being so dedicated, her skill at being both a Chaser and potential Seeker, and the position of captain now available, her teammates and the Hufflepuff headmaster, Pomona Sprout, made the decision to vote her in as the new captain and Seeker. Her sister, Juniper was a big part of both Sage’s personal life and Quidditch life. She was Sage’s sister , best friend and the team Keeper.

Atria Zephyr got involved with the Slytherin Quidditch team in the beginning of her sixth year. It was by chance that she had gotten appointed the position of Keeper. Her friends, Blaise Zabini, Draco Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle and herself had decided to sneak onto the Quidditch pitch the day before classes truly began. It just so happened that Malfoy was making a joke about Harry Potter, when the Slytherin Headmaster walked by. Severus Snape looked at the five students in the air and was shocked by the fifth person in the air. He summoned the group down and started to make it seem like they were all bound for detention for trespassing. Instead it was the opposite. Severus Snape appointed Atria the position of Keeper since their last one just graduated.

The group decided to stop playing then, as Pansy Parkinson came up and bellowed for Atria to go back to the common room to make fun of the first years. To say Atria was annoyed by her fellow sixth year was an understatement. Pansy and the rest of her fellow classmates bugged her to no extent. Atria didn’t associate with anyone outside of Slytherin, just because she was easily annoyed.

Blaise Zabini was the only one in the school who didn’t fully annoy her, and that was only because she had grown up with him. Her parents, two aurors for the Ministry of Magic, always sent her to the Zabini Manor when they were sent on assignments. It wasn’t often that the two got along, but Blaise managed to get Atria to be kind to him on occasion. As the two attended Hogwarts, he was the only person able to get her from snapping at someone, other than the ghost, Peeves. Peeves often caught Atria wandering the halls at night, but for some unknown reason Peeves never called Filch on her.

One was good and one was bad, but the two girls’ fates were tied together through two boys that hated each other and what the Dark Lord had done to their families.
♠ ♠ ♠
welcome readers! this is just a mere taste of the wonderful story about to unfold before your eyes. this prologue was literally collaborated between the two of us, but was posted under my name (anima) because we could only pick one.

we hope you enjoy this little sample and subscribe and comment with any advice or compliments!
xox anima (as Sage) and zaffhi (as Atria)