Glass In The Trees

001

I danced around my room as I got ready for my date with Joseph. Tonight was gonna be special. I was not yet sure how, but I could feel it. My stomach was doing flips, and my excitement got to be almost too much to handle after I looked at the clock and noticed the time was 10 minutes before he was supposed to pick me up. I sat on my bed, and opened up the book I've been reading, Maximum Ride : The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. Next thing I knew I heard the chiming of the doorbell, and I raced down the stairs of my old Victorian home I shared with my parents and annoying younger brother, Jonothan. He's ten and I'm seventeen in case you were wondering. I reached the door a little too late. John had beat me to it, and had already started talking to Joseph about his new Spiderman comic. I nudged John.
"Go play brother Joe and I have dinner plans, and you're rudely interrupting."
As he walked away he mumbled something under his breathe, but that wasn't important to me. The only thing that I cared about in that moment was Joe.
"Hey baby!" He greeted flashing his million dollar smile. "You look absolutely stunning as always."
"Oh thank you," I responded shyly. My nerves were getting the best of me, and the more I studied Joe's handsome features the more nervous I got. He has gorgeous hazelnut brown eyes the shape of almonds. Curly chocolate brown hair that was barely long enough to cover his ears. He is one fourth Mexican so he has the perfect tan complexion. Oh how I got so lucky I will never know.

Joe reached out to hold my hand then led me out the front door and to his truck. He gave me a peck on the lips as he opened the passenger side for me to get in. He gently shut the door and walked around to the other side to let himself in. We rode in silence for only a few minutes when Joe finally spoke up.

"We are going to eat at the new Chinese restaurant they opened up on Sixth Avenue called Lisa's Kitchen. I heard they have fantastic sushi."

I smiled happy that he remembered sushi is my second favorite food; enchildas coming in first place.

"Oh that sounds wonderful. I love sushi so much!" I responded smiling sneaking a quick glance at him as he drove.
"Oh I know it's your favorite food other than enchiladas," He responded shooting me a smug grin. We drove the rest of the way in a comfortable silence.

Joe dropped me off at the entrance as he drove around the parking lot looking for a spot. I waited in front of the double doors shivering as the wind nipped at my nose. It was the beginning of November and the temperature was starting to drop below forty degrees which was normal for Cincinnati around this time, but did not change the fact I was a bit chilly in the cute yellow babydoll dress I had chosen to wear tonight. I had gotten the dress around the time Joe and I went on our first date four months ago, a special dress for a special night with a special man. I guess I was lost in thought because I didn't even notice Joe was out of the car until he hugged me from the back wrapping his warm body around mine. He kissed my cheek, and I led the way inside.

We were seated in the back corner beside a window. No one else in the booths around us left us to talk in privacy as we waited to order our food.
"After dinner I have a surprise for you baby. I am so glad I have gotten to spend the past four months of my life with such an amazing woman. You are everything I could ever ask for, and so much more," Joe told me looking into my eyes and holding both of my hands from across the table.
"Oh Joseph, you just have no idea how happy you make me. These four months have been wonderful, and I am truly blessed to be able call you my boyfriend," I responded smiling so hard it hurt. It's something I can't help when I am around him. No matter what we are doing or where we are there is always a smile on my face. It's like nothing bad can happen as long as I have my J-Bear.

The waiter asking what we would like to order brought me out of my love filled haze.
"I would like a California roll and for the pretty lady a Rainbow roll. Oh and two Dr. Peppers," Joe ordered for the both of us. The waiter wrote down our orders and hurried away fetch our order. In less than ten minutes we had our food and our drinks and we started chowing down.

Dinner was wonderful. Two of my favorite things: Sushi and my J-Bear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am not so sure if this was the best way to start this story, but I have been trying to write it for the past four months. So if you guys have anything you would like to criticize or compliment just comment.
- Brianna