Status: This will most likely be sporadically updated.

The Only Fight Truly Lost, is the Fight Never Fought.

2: Years after the first chapter took place

"Choclate milk, chocolate milk," Zach laughed hitting me in the head with his sippy cup.

"Okay, okay, I'm up," I groaned sitting up, and rubbing my face with my hands.

I yawned as I walked out of my room and took Zach's hand. I didn't bother to change out of my sweatpants and tank top, since I would most likely just spend my day in these anyways. I poured chocolate milk into his sippy cup, and set it on the table at his spot as I went to the fridge to get out eggs, bacon, orange juice and milk to make breakfast.

I handed Zach my phone and let him play with it as I cheffed up a meal fit for royalty. I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 5:12 in the morning.

'Well, I don't have to worry about getting my English paper sent in late for school.' I thought as I set the plates on the table for us to eat.

"Careful, baby it's hot," I said as I started eating my food.

"Mama, where's my daddy?" Zach asked looking at me with his big brown eyes.

"What do you mean? Why would you ask that?" I asked gently.

"Katie, next door has a daddy and a mommy. Where's my daddy?" He asked his bottom lip quivering.

"Well, honey... Not every kid has a daddy in there life, sometimes all you need is a mommy," I explained gently as I took his hand in mine.

He nodded his head and scooped his food into his mouth. I waited for another question, but one didn't come. At least not for a while. We were sitting in the living room, and we turned on Diego for him to watch.

"It's 'cause my daddy doesn't love me, isn't it?" He asked as tears filled his eyes.

"You're daddy is a stupid, stupid man, that doesn't deserve to have you in his life. Oh, baby, it's okay," I comforted as I pulled him into my lap, and wrapped my arms around him.

His tears turned into sobs as he buried his face in my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck. I cooed 'I love yous' into his ear, and shushed him gently as I rocked him back and forth until he fell asleep.

I stood gently and carried him up to my bedroom to lay him down on my bed. I took out my laptop and finished typing up my paper to send in to my professor, so it wouldn't be late, then I put it back on my bedside table, and laid back down to go to sleep.

$$$

When I woke up again it was 9 in the morning and Zach was nowhere to be seen. I hopped out of bed, ran down the stairs and found him in the living room playing on Rain's Xbox with her. I breathed a sigh of relief and sat down on the couch to watch them play with animals on the Kinnect.

After a couple minutes of sitting and watching, I announced I was going to take a shower and I went upstairs to pick a new pair of sweatpants, tank, and sweater. I hopped under the spray and let it flow over my shoulders as I scrubbed myself so hard my tan skin took on a red-ish undertone, which rarely ever happens, by the way.

When I got out, I scrubbed myself dry with a towel, and wrapped my hair in another one. I brushed on a little eyeshadow, eyeliner, and a little lipgloss, just to make myself feel good. I looked in the mirror, and stared into my green eyes, wondering who the hell the girl in the mirror was, because I didn't know anymore.

I took the towel off my head, hung it up on the hook, and ran my fingers through my hair 1 time before I left the bathroom, and jogged back downstairs to the living room. Zach looked at me and I smiled, picked him up, and swung him in circles.

"Mama, you look so pretty!" He giggled hugging me around the neck, tightly.

"Thank you, baby, I love you," I laughed too as a plopped down on the couch, breathing heavily.

"I love you, too mommy," He smiled toothily at me, then got up to go back to his game with Auntie Rain.