Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Epilogue

Demi’s POV:
It’s been seven months since Alex and I have been dating and it’s been six months since Selena and Brian have gotten together. Tonight is The Cab’s album release party, which I am ecstatic over. I couldn’t be more proud of Alex and the band. Their album is incredible and they deserve every bit of success they have. Alex says he has some big surprise for me which I am really nervous about. This is supposed to be his night so why is he trying to surprise me? I heard the click clack of Selena’s heels on the floor as I was putting on my own heels.

“Are you ready to go?” she asked me. I looked up at her and she looked absolutely gorgeous. She had on a tight dress that was so short that if she moved the wrong way her ass would be out and these amazing heels that came up to her knees. I don’t know why I laughed but I did which made her give me a confused look.

“You’re just really hot and the last time we went to a party together I found you in the bathroom with Brian.” I laughed harder.

“Oh shut it! It won’t happen again, I swear!” she tried not to laugh but failed.

“Oh yeah right. We both know you and Brian can’t control yourselves.” I rolled my eyes.

“Hey!” she pointed a ringer at me. “We haven’t had sex since we started dating.”

“You fucking liar!” I yelled in shock.

“It’s true!” she yelled back. “Before you started dating, I told him that I didn’t want to have sex I just wanted to get to know him. And we bonded a lot in that month and once we started dating us both just got busy and haven’t had much time together let alone having time to ourselves. And I actually like it this way because now I really know that he wasn’t only with me for the sex that he truly cares about me.”

“Did you ever doubt that he didn’t care about you?” I was genuinely curious. I don’t think she could see the way Brian looks at her. The why he’s always looked at her. There’s so much passion when they are around each other. His eyes sparkle when he sees her. That boy is smitten with her.

She shrugged, “yeah I did. At first I felt that connection to him and I knew he cared about me but then I started to doubt everything and thought he just wanted sex. I think a part of me is dodging it now.”

“I know you feel that sex ruins a relationship after all you’ve been through, but you can’t run from it.” I told her and she sighed.

“I know; I’m just scared. A part of me is more scared of accidentally getting pregnant. If I hadn’t known better all those months ago in Baltimore that I was making myself sick then I would have been scared of Lex’s accusation of me being pregnant. I’m only twenty one and he’s twenty four, neither of us are ready for kids. We’ve always been so careful but so were Nick and I and we had that scare. I know you were always careful and I watched you go through that miscarriage and it just terrifies me.” she admitted.

I know exactly what she’s going through. I have her same fears. I walk over to her and hug her tightly. “Life is all about risks, we don’t know what life will through our way but you can’t run scared. You were really brave to go and ask Brian out in front of so many people. I can’t promise you that he won’t hurt you or that sex won’t result in a pregnancy or a scare, but what I can promise is that no matter what happens I will be right by your side.”

“Thanks Demi.” She smiled.

“No problem. And one more thing.” I said as I walked over to my bedside table. I opened the drawer and pulled out a handful of condoms and handed them to Selena. “Never depend on a guy for the protection. Always protect yourself.” I winked at her.

“Oh my god!” her voice squeaked. “I’m not having sex tonight!”

“Whatever you say.” I sang as I walked out of my room.

The party was in full force when we got there. The music was blasting; people were dancing, drinking and mingling. Selena grabbed ahold of my hand so we wouldn’t lose each other as we walked through the crowd of people. We quickly found Alex Marshall who gave us both hugs. “Glad you guys could make it.” he said over the music.

“Our pleasure.” I smiled. “Where is my idiot boyfriend?”

“I’m not exactly sure, he’s around here somewhere.” He told me as he looked around trying to find Alex. He looked at Selena with a goofy grin, “your boyfriend is by the bar though. He told me to tell you to meet him there if I saw you before he did.”

Selena looked behind her then back at us with a big smile. “Yeah, um, I’ll be right back.” She stuttered then ran off before I could even follow her. Okay now I know something is up, but what is it?

“What is going on?” I asked Marshall. His eyes widened then got this sneaky smirk on his face. “You’re not going to tell me are you?”

He shook his head, “sorry, no can do.”

“Why am I getting a mysterious surprise? This is your party, your achievement, this shouldn’t be about me.” I asked dumbfounded. Seriously what the hell is going on?

“You’ll just have to wait and see.” He laughed. That’s when Joey came up to us and gave me a hug and thanked me for coming. Then whispered something into Marshall’s ear. “Well, that’s my cue to go. Enjoy your night, Demi.” He said then him and Joey quickly walked off. I scrunched up my nose and looked around for Selena who was walking toward me with Jess.

“Hey!” Jess squealed as she hugged me.

“We have to get to our seat; there is a special performance in like two minutes!” Selena said excitedly. She grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd. Special performance? This situation is started to irritate me. I just want to know what’s going on!

Once we sat down I saw that the guys were on the stage. I looked over at Selena who was smiling so big. Actually everyone at our table was smiling at me. they all knew whatever this secret is and aren’t telling me. It’s killing me! But before I could complain about it Alex started talking. “First off I just want to think everyone for coming out tonight, it means the world to me that you are here supporting us.” He paused looking at me straight in the eyes. “Right now I’m going to play one of my favorite songs I’ve ever written and that means so much to me. This one is for the gorgeous girl sitting right there.” He said pointing at me.

When the music started playing, I didn’t recognize the song at first, which I found odd because I heard all the songs that he put on the album even ones that he didn’t. But once he started to sing I immediately know what song he is singing. He’s singing ‘Crown’ but it’s different. The instrumentals are a little bit different and he’s changed some of the lyrics. And those changed lyrics broke me in half. I was a bawling mess when he sang “If they told you that you’re not good enough, they lied. If they told you that you’re not beautiful, they were blind. Because your scars look like art under the light.”

It’s scary how much of an impact this guy has made on my life. He may not have been there when I got out of rehab and I was healing, but he has brought me out of a dark place and I could never thank him enough for that. He loves me for exactly how I am. He loves my flaws, my strengths, my scars, he love me inside and out. He’s taught me what love really is and how love should feel.

The music stopped and I tried my hardest to stop the tears, but I couldn’t. The song was so beautiful, and I feel like I don’t deserve this amazing man. But Lord knows that I am not letting him go. Alex hopped off the stage and worked his way through the crowd and over to us. I stood up and practically jumped into his arms. He hugged me tightly and kissed the side of my head. “Why are you crying?” he asked me as we pulled apart.

“Because that song is beautiful. Hearing it live was amazing and broke my heart.” I told him. He just smiled at me and wiped the tears off of my cheeks. I probably look ridiculous right now. “So that was the big surprise?”

“Psh that was just the beginning.” I heard Selena say and Brian quickly covered her mouth. She bit his finger making him yelp and shake his hand. Selena laughed and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Children behave!” Jack tried to say with a straight face but everyone just ended up laughing.

“Okay, what is going on?” I asked looking at everyone then directly at Alex.

“Well if you hadn’t noticed you’re at a party.” Jack said in a ‘duh’ tone earning a slap on the shoulder from Rian and a glare from Alex.

“Ignore them.” Alex rolled his eyes then took my hands in his. “I’m praying that I don’t freak you right now.” I could tell that he’s nervous which is making me nervous. I have an idea where this is going but I don’t want to freak myself out more if it doesn’t end up being that. “I know we haven’t been together for very long, but I know without a shadow of doubt that I want to spend my life with you. There is no other girl for me. I am in love with you with every fiber of my being and I’ve known that the moment I saw you years ago.” He paused once again, taking a small box out of his pocket and got down on one knee. I gasped, placing my hands over my mouth as tears invaded my eyes once again. “Demetria Devonne Lovato, will you please do me the biggest honor and become my wife?”

I looked down at the now open box in his hands, the ring was so beautiful. It was a platinum gold band that had a diamond studded infinity ring on either side of the big diamond in the middle. My hands were shaking, I couldn’t seem to find my voice. I looked around at everyone at our table, they were smiling so big and Selena had tears in her eyes. I looked back at Alex who was waiting for me to answer. “There’s nothing else in this world I would rather be than your wife.”

Alex smiled brightly, that huge smile that makes my heart melt. He stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up and spinning me around as everyone cheered. Once he sat me back down on my feet he took the ring out of the box and slipped it on my left ring finger. Once that ring was on my finger, Alex’s lips were on mine. As we were kissing I heard various suggestive comments from our friends behind us. I pulled away from Alex and looked back at them. “shut the hell up!” I yelled at them.

I looked down at my hand, seeing that stunning ring on my finger for the first time took my breath away. I know that in this moment that this was how my life was supposed to play out. I was meant to be with Alex, I was meant to get married to him, have a family with him and grow old with him. I couldn’t be any happier than I am right now.

“Okay, let me at my best friend!” Selena said cheerfully. She pulled me away from Alex and hugged me tightly. “Congratulations!”

“Thanks.” I smiled. “So you knew about this? You all knew about this?”

She shrugged with a smile. “I went with him when he asked you mom and Eddie for permission. Me and Dallas laughed at how nervous he was.”

“And he couldn’t really keep it a secret so he told all of us. How he expected us to all keep it from you is beyond me.” Brian laughed.

“You, my dear, are insane! But I wouldn’t have you any other way.” I joked then kissed Alex on the cheek.

After some more congratulating from my friends and a lot more jokes it was time for me to perform. I walked onto stage. “Hey guys, if you haven’t heard already I am now engaged to the very sexy singer of The Cab.” The crowd cheered which made me blush. “I debated a lot over what I was going to sing tonight. Was I going to sing a ballad or a song you can dance to? Was I going to sing one of my favorites or one of Alex’s? I woke up this morning prepared to sing one song, but with the events that have occurred tonight I think I want to dance. So this song is for the love of my life.” I turned away from the mic as the music started to play.

Our love runs deep like a Chevy
If you fall I’ll fall with you baby
Cause that’s the way we like to do it
That’s the way we like

You run around open doors like a gentleman
Tell me girl every day you’re my everything
Cause that’s the way you like to do it
That’s the way you like

Just a little West Coast, and a bit of sunshine
Hair blowing in the wind, losing track of time
Just you and I, just you and I
Whoa, whoa

No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know
I want you bad, and I won’t have it any other way
No matter what the people say,
I know that we’ll never break
Cause our love was made, made in the USA
Made in the USA, yeah

You always reading my mind like a letter
When I’m cold, you’re there like a sweater
Cause that’s the way we like to do it
That’s the way we like
And never ever let the world get the best of you
Every night we’re apart, I’m still next to you
Cause that’s the way I like to do it
That’s the way I like

We touch down on the east coast
Dinner in the sky rise, winter is the best time for walking in the city lights
You and I, you and I
Whoa whoa

No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know
I want you bad, and I won’t have it any other way
No matter what the people say,
I know that we’ll never break
Cause our love was made, made in the USA

Cause baby I’ll bite the bullet
And take the blow for love
Whoa, our love was made in the USA
Made in the USA, made in the USA

No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know
I want you bad, and I won’t have it any other way
No matter what the people say,
I know that we’ll never break
Cause our love was made, made in the USA
Made in the USA, yeah

Made in the U.S.
Made in the U.S.
Made in the U.S.A

Once the song ended Alex was on stage with me. “Thanks!” I said into the mic before hugging Alex.

“That was amazing, thank you so much.” He said, resting his forehead against mine.

“No one can break us. Just you and me, from this day forward.” I told him.

“Against the world baby.” He smiled then pecked me on the lips. For the first time ever I believed in happy endings and I got mine.

Selena’s POV:
I’ve done many interviews in my career but this interview has me very nervous. It’s my first interview since my very public confession of love. The videos of me asking Brian to be my boyfriend went viral in no time. After all my Spring Breakers press my mom had me hide out for a while until the news died down. After that I had a few performances then my tour so I avoided any interviews until now. As nervous as I was though, I was a bit relaxed because I chose to do this interview with Ellen and she always makes me feel comfortable.

“Welcome Selena Gomez.” I heard Ellen say. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly before walking out on stage. I waved to the audience with a big smile on my face as I made my way over to Ellen. I gave her a big hug then sat down. “How have you been?” she asked me.

“I’ve been amazing.” I smiled brightly.

“That’s good.” She nodded. “So you’ve been really busy lately.” She stated.

My eyes widened, “yes, I’ve had so much touring.”

“Your new album is amazing. Everyone needs to pick it up if you haven’t already done so.” Ellen told everyone then looked back at me with a serious look. Oh no, here comes the personal questions. “Last time you were here, you were with Justin Bieber.”

“Yes I was.” I nodded, trying to stay calm.

“What happened there? I know you wanted to talk about that.” She said in a joking manner.

I laughed nervously. “He just wasn’t a nice guy.”

“Oh really?” she asked with a shocked look on her face. “He seems like a really nice guy.”

“Appearances can be deceiving.” I shrugged with a smirk.

That made Ellen laugh loudly. “that brings me to my next question.” She shifted in her seat. “I found this picture and I wanted you to explain it.”

I looked over at the screen and saw a picture of me and Brian sleeping on a couch. It was from a couple weeks ago. We had been hanging out at Demi’s with her and Alex. I remember chasing Alex around the apartment yelling at him to not post the picture but he did anyways. I admit though that it was a cute picture.

“Oh my god.” I covered my face so no one would see me blushing.

“He looks happy to be cuddled up with you.” Ellen pointed out in a teasing manner. “Who is he?”

“That is my boyfriend, Brian.” I told her.

“Oh, boyfriend?” her eyes widened. “How did you guys meet?”

“I’ve actually known him for a few years, but we never talked. But he’s friends with some of my really close friends and we just started talking and things clicked between us.” I explained to her. I couldn’t help but blush thinking about Brian. Gosh I miss that kid; I haven’t seen him since The Cab’s album release party a week ago. He went home to Arizona to spend time with his family for a few days and I had been in Texas for a couple days spending time with Priscilla.

“Does he treat you right? He’s one of the nice guys that are really nice and not that fake nice?” Ellen asked making me giggle since she’s poking fun of my previous answer about Justin.

“He’s one of the good ones. I got lucky this time around.” I smiled as I shook my head.

“You’ll have to bring him on the show one day so I can make sure he’s good enough for you.” she said as we both laughed loudly.

“I’ll be sure to do that. He would probably be more than happy to do it then try and perform.” I told her with a shrug.

“Oh is he a singer?” she asked curiously.

“Yeah, he’s the singer in his band.” I nodded.

“Well then we definitely need to have him on the show.” Ellen said seriously as she crossed her legs. I just smiled and clapped my hands in excitement. “Now I hear that you’ve moved out of your parents’ house. Is that true?”

“It is!” I said with wide eyes as I shifted in my seat. “I moved out a few weeks ago. I thought it was time, I’m twenty one now and my mom and step dad just had a baby so I wanted to give them their own space. I love my baby sister and love to spoil her, but it was time for the next step in my life.”

“Her baby sister is the cutest baby I’ve ever seen.” Ellen said to the audience making them all ‘aww’ “So do have roommates or do you live alone?”

“I considered having a roommate, but I love my own space so I decided to just get a place by myself.” I told her.

“You partying a lot at your place?” she asked.

I bent over and laughed. “I haven’t had time to have a party at my apartment yet, but I doubt I would. I’m not much of a party person, but I probably would have a lot of dinner parties.”

“I better be invited to the party.” She said pointing her finger at me.

“Definitely.” I nodded.

“Okay, so go buy Selena’s album that’s out now. And up next we’ll have a performance by her.” Ellen said into the camera and we cut to a commercial.

After my performance I left the set. I had a text from Demi telling me to meet her at this furniture store that she found. She’s been helping me decorate my apartment. I saw her car immediately upon pulling into the parking lot. “So what exactly are we here for? I think I have everything I need.” I asked her as we both got out of our cars.

“You still need a table and you haven’t furnished your guest room yet.” She shrugged. I can tell she’s not telling the entire truth, but I brush it off.

Once we find a few pieces of furniture that I need I finally break and ask Demi what’s going on. “So I could have lived without the guest room stuff for a while, so why did you drag me all the way over here? And don’t lie to me.”

“I just wanted to talk to you about something.” She said seriously.

“You’re starting to scare me, what’s going on?” I was now concerned.

“I want you to be a bridesmaid and you’re going to need to keep March eighteenth open.” She squealed. I wanted to slap her for scaring me like that but I was just too excited.

“Oh my god! I can’t wait to start planning this wedding. You know that Dallas is going to have so much fun with this.” I said excitedly.

“It’s going to be the best wedding ever.” We started jumping up and down in the middle of the store.

“Lets go buy a large amount of bridal magazines and junk food then go to my place and just go crazy.” I told her.

“Um, you get junk food and I will get the magazines, I have a few in my car. I will meet you back at your place.” She smiled, but there was a devious smirk on her face.

“What are you up to?” I questioned.

“Don’t question, just go!” she yelled at me. I didn’t question anymore I just left the furniture store and stopped by the grocery store to get a massive amount of junk food and went back to my apartment.

When I got to my apartment I was greeted with a huge surprise. I opened my door and there sitting on my couch was Brian. I screamed, dropping the bags in my hands and ran over to him, pouncing on top of him. “I’ve missed you so much! But you’re not supposed to be home until tomorrow!”

“I lied to surprise you. But I got a late start which is why I had Demi stall for me.” he said sneakily.

“No wonder she was acting so weird!” I said as I sat up. “Guess we aren’t wedding planning today.”

“Nope, you’re all mine!” he laughed as he pushed my back on the couch and started kissing me. I started to giggle when he placed kisses all over my face. “You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.”

“I have a few ideas on how you can prove it me.” I said seductively.

“Oh are you trying to seduce me?” he said, trapping me to the couch.

“Maybe.” I bit my lip.

“You don’t have to seduce me you know. I’m always happy to please you.” he smiled then leaned down and kissed my lips sweetly. “But for now, I want to see what you’ve done to this place.”

“I hope you like it. If you don’t like anything then we can always change it. I have more things that will be delivered tomorrow.” I explained to him. if you haven’t already guessed it, I live with Brian. I lied to Ellen, I do live with someone. Brian had moved out of the loft and into a bigger apartment and asked if I wanted to move in with him. We both knew it was a big step for us and people said it was too soon for us to take this step but we felt like it was right. We both are always super busy with our careers and don’t see each other that much so thought when we do have downtime and both get to be at home we can just spend it together. Or even when one of us have a late night we can just come home and cuddle. I love it when I’m sleeping and he comes home and wakes me up with soft kisses. Or when I come home and he’s asleep, he just so adorable. We’ve only been living with each other for about a month but it’s amazing and I am so happy that I made this decision.

“As long as it’s not too girly then I don’t care.” He kissed my forehead then let me up. He went over and picked up the grocery bags that I threw on the floor and put them in the kitchen.

We walked into our bedroom and he looked star struck. I painted the walls while he was away, they are a dark blue color and all our dressers are white. I was in love with how it came out, but I have been so scared at Brian’s reaction. “I love it. you did an amazing job at combining our tastes.” He said as he looked around the room.

After I showed him everything else I have done while he was away he sat me down and said he had something to tell me. I hate when people start sentences like that! “So I got you something and I hope you like it.”

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” I told him. But in the back of my head I was thinking about what he could have gotten me. It’s not a special date or anything and we have agreed to just put our time and money into our place and not each other for the time being.

“Well I wanted to.” He poked my nose with his finger. He pulled out a tiny velvet tie bag that said Tiffany & Co. and gave it to me. I gave him a confused look then untied the bag and took out is contents. It was a silver necklace with an infinity sign on it. Tears instantly invaded my eyes as I stared in awe at this necklace. It was so beautiful and totally unnecessary.

“It’s beautiful.” I breathed out.

“I know we said no gifts until we have this place finished, but I wanted to get it for you. I know you are still having trust issues and are still worried about our relationship, but I want you to know that I am yours forever. No matter what happens in our future, I will always fight for you. Nothing can ever change how I feel about you. And I know we are nowhere near taking the step that Demi and Alex are so this is our big step. This necklace is my promise to you that we are forever.” His words made those tears in my eyes fall like a river.

I couldn’t think of anything to say so I just leaned forward and kiss him with all the passion in my body. Brian pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. His fingers tangled into my hair. I could feel my body start to heat up so I pulled away before we could go any further. I had to say something before we got to our sexual activities. “I was so broken when you came back into my life, hell I was broken the night I met you all those years ago. But you’ve made me whole again. You brought me out a very dark place. I’m so thankful for you and wouldn’t trade anything that has happened between us, the good or the bad. I have fallen so in love with you, a love that I’ve never known before. So I’m telling you now that I am yours now and I will be yours the day I die.”

“Good, because like I have said time and time again I’m not letting you go.” He smiled. he took the necklace from me and put it on me before returning to kissing me. I was so heart broken when Justin cheated on me and thought I would never recover. I never wanted to even date again. But I am so happy that he did cheat on me because if he hadn’t I wouldn’t have Brian in my life now and he’s ten times the man Justin will ever be. Life is amazing right now and I know it will only continue to get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S OVER!!!! It's so bitter sweet for me. I loved writing this and I'm happy it's over just so I can focus on my Alex Gaskarth story and my Jack Barakat story, but then again I am going to miss writing this one. It's been my baby for so long that I don't want to let it go.

But thanks to everyone who has read this. I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I loved writing it. And I hope you read my other stories that will be posted soon.

Demi's engagement ring::
Image

Selena's necklace::
Image

Photo that Ellen had::
Image