Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Chapter 24

I’m standing backstage trying to stay out of Brian’s view as I was his set. I keep ducking behind Jack so I will keep going unnoticed. I had to hide in a bathroom for about twenty minutes when Brian came into the All Time Low dressing room because he was bored and pissed at Alex and Demi for being all coupley in the Summer Set dressing room. It’s been incredibly difficult hiding from him at the venue, but I’ve succeeded thanks to everyone helping. Most of the time Lisa, me and Jess would wonder around the venue. Demi and Alex were put on, annoy Brian duty and obviously have done their job. It was pretty entertaining to hear him whining about it. Demi called me once just so I would hear Brian yelling at Alex for being a douche for bringing Demi and kissing her excessively in front of him. He even tried to call me once; I answered it and told him I was busy. I nearly got caught because Jack yelled, but I played it off that it was just some random person.

‘Young’ started to play and Alex made his way on stage to sing with Brian. Demi came up next to me and bumped my butt with her own. “This is going to be so much fun.” She laughed.

“You’ve had plenty of fun today girl.” I pointed out with a laugh. She just shrugged and we turned our attention back to the stage.

“So this douche is my best friend, Alex, give it up for him guys.” Brian said as the song ended and the crowd started screaming.

“Why am I a douche? I already apologized for making out with my girlfriend backstage.” Alex laughed jokingly.

“Everyone here knows that I called dibs on Selena Gomez and you go on twitter today saying that you would be her Valentine when you have a fucking girlfriend.” Brian told the crowd. Me and Demi started laughing.

“Hey, my girlfriend is Selena’s best friend and said I could tweet that.” Alex defended himself.

“That doesn’t mean you do it! It’s bro code dude! I had dibs!” Brian sounded hurt but we all knew he was just joking around.

“Yo, I liked Selena first so I’m pretty sure that it’s you that’s breaking bro code, dude.” Stephen put his opinion out there.

“Shut up!” Brian snapped.

“Well het does have a point, Brian. And well I think it’s about time that we all stop lying to you. This secret has being tearing us all apart.” Josh said dramatically.

“What secret?” Brian asked obviously upset over his best friends keeping a secret from him.

Alex walked over to Jess’ drums and handed her the mic he was using. “I’m sorry dude; I promised I wouldn’t say a thing. She’s my friend. Don’t hurt me!” she said and crouched down behind her drums.

“Will someone please tell me what the fuck is going on!” Brian yelled. All the guys and Jess were trying their hardest not to laugh. This is all a part of the plan for me to surprise Brian on stage.

“I’m so sorry dude, but I’ve been dating Selena for two weeks now.” Stephen said with a completely straight face.

“I had nothing to do with this!” John blurted out as Brian glared at Stephen.

“Okay, go before Brian beats up Stephen.” Demi nudged me. Jack handed me a mic and told me to go so I went.

“How could you?” Brian asked Stephen bitterly. As I walked onto the stage they all erupted in laughter as the crowd started to cheer. Brian looked so confused until I spoke up.

“Looks like the secret is out.” I said nonchalantly. Brian whipped around and stared at me confused.

“Wha?” he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Don’t look so sad, and please don’t beat up Stephen. I’ve grown fond of him.” I laughed.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Brian growled.

I walked over to Stephen and kissed him on the cheek. “I’ve dated so many singers and I think that is the problem. So I thought I would give a bassist a try.”

“You all knew about this?” Brian said angrily as he looked at all his friends. They all nodded so he glared at me and Stephen. We all doubled over with laughter.

“Dude, chill out the secret was her flying out here not her dating Stephen.” Alex said as he gripped Brian’s shoulder.

“What are you doing here?” he asked completely stunned.

“Well you see there’s this guy that I really like and I really miss him, so I thought it would be completely cheesy and romantic to fly across the world on Valentine’s day to crash his concert to ask him if he wanted to be my boyfriend.” I bit my lip.

“Don’t fuck it up dude!” Jack yelled from backstage.

“Am I being Punk’d?” Brian asked as he looked around, clearly not believing what’s happening.

“Definitely not. This is real and everyone has been in on it.” I laughed.

“Really?” he asked and I nodded.

“Yes, now fucking kiss her before someone else swoops her up.” Alex told him.

Brian dropped his mic and rushed over to me, wrapping his arms around waist and attaching his lips to mine. This was the most mind blowing kiss I’ve ever had and of course it was in front of hundreds of people who are probably filming. But I really don’t give a damn because for the first time in my life I’m doing something that excites me and makes me happy. There was cheering all around us, everyone came out on stage too.

“Finally! Fucking shit man, I thought you two were going to tip toe around this shit forever.” Lex laughed as he came over to hug us.

“Well sorry that I held up the show, I think I’m going to go backstage now.” I laughed. I gave Brian one last kiss before running backstage with everyone.

“That was seriously the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!” Lisa squealed.

“His face though was priceless. I thought he was going to shit his pants when Stephen said you guys were dating.” Demi laughed.

“I’m happy for you, but please if anything happens you call me and don’t do anything stupid.” Lex hugged me tightly.

“I will.” I smiled.

Brian ran right to me after his set was finished and gave me a big sweaty hug. It was disgusting but I really didn’t mind. “So I have a question for you.” I said.

“I’m pretty sure you already asked me one.” He joked. I smacked his chest as I rolled my eyes.

“Another one you loser.” I giggled. “I know you are supposed to go back to the states with the others, but I wanted to know if you wanted to go to Paris with me for the Spring Breakers premiere.”

“Sounds like a blast!” he said.

“Thought it’d be fun to spend our first official day in Paris but I’ll warn you, I might be covering your eyes through half the movie because there is a lot of nudity in it.” I laughed.

“As long as I can see you in that hot ass bikini, then I don’t give a fuck.” He laughed.

“Oh you might get to see more, but only of me, and in person.” I winked at him causing him to groan.

“Eww, that’s disgusting! La la la la la” Alex scrunched up his face with his fingers in his ears. I just stuck my tongue out at him while Brian flipped him off and called him an asshole.

We all watched All Time Low’s set from side stage and rocked out. After the show everyone went out and was signing for the fans. Me, Demi and Lisa stayed back though and let everyone do their thing. I had to say by to her, Alex and the Summer Set since they were leaving early in the morning. Well Demi and Alex were staying in London for a while longer. Brian and I were hitching a ride to Paris with All Time Low.

“I’m so proud of you.” Demi told me as her and Alex were preparing to leave.

“Thanks, but I haven’t done anything.” I let out a small laugh.

“But you have, you just don’t see it the way I do. You have blossomed into this inspiring woman. The Selena I knew growing up wouldn’t have gotten up on that stage tonight and told a guy she loved him and asked him to be her boyfriend. And you have been so strong with everything that has been thrown at you the past few months. And for what it’s worth, you inspire me.” she smiled and hugged me tightly.

“And you inspire me.” I told her. Her and Alex said bye to everyone and got off the bus.

“No fucking on the bus!” Lex yelled as the bus started up and me and Brian sat down on the couch in the front lounge.

“Oh yeah because that’s exactly what is on my mind right now.” I rolled my eyes.

“Hey, you guys weren’t even dating and were fucking in the bathroom at the House Of Blues so I don’t know what you will do now that you’re dating.” Lex put his hands up defensively making us all laugh.

“He’s just jealous because I refuse to have sex with him on the bus. That’s just disturbing.” Lisa shuttered at the thought.

“I won’t have sex with her on this bus anyways. She’s kind of vocal and I don’t need you pervs trying to sneak a peek.” Brian joked and I smacked him hard on the chest.

“Okay can we stop talking about Selena’s sex life, it’s making me uncomfortable. She’s like my little sister.” Jack made a disgusted face.

“Whoa, that’s a first. You’re always asking me about mine and Cassadee’s sex life.” Rian laughed.

“Cass isn’t like my little sister. She’s one of my good friends and I was curious.” Jack retorted.

“Well I’m gonna go to bed.” Zack announced.

“I think I’m going to head to bed too cause I’ve been up since early this morning.” Lisa said. I don’t blame her because we traveled here together and only got around five hours of sleep before shopping all day and hiding me from Brian. It’s been a long ass day for all of us.

“Good night.” I told them both before them and Rian went off to bed. Jack and Lex stayed up because they wanted to have a talk with Brian now that we are officially dating. I knew this was coming because they told me that they would hold off on this talk until this day came.

“So dude, you know that Selena has become like a little sister to us, so now that you guys are dating you need to know that we will kick your ass if you ever hurt her again.” Jack told Brian.

“We know that you’ve worked really hard over the last month to prove that you truly care about her and wouldn’t do anything to hurt her again, and we believe that you won’t. But we still have to tell you how it is. You have been a good friend for a long time and we really haven’t known Selena that long, but we will protect her first. Hurt her and we hurt you. Just take good care of her like we know you can. We know that you don’t want to see her how she was in Florida again.” Lex continued.

“I swear to you guys that I won’t be a stupid asshole again. It broke me when I lost Selena, I won’t go through that again. I promise I will protect her with everything in me and be the best damn boyfriend I can be.” Brian promised.

“Good. We’re trusting you to take care of her.” Lex patted Brian’s shoulder.

“Now get some sleep.” Jack said then kissed my cheek before disappearing toward the bunks.

Brian and I were lying on the couch after everyone went to bed. It felt so good to cuddle with him again. The butterflies were attacking my insides in the best possible way. I thought Brian had fallen asleep but he squeezed me to his body and interlocked our fingers. “Not that I’m complaining, but why did you do what you did?” he asked. I was waiting for him to ask this.

I situated myself so I was now on my back. Brian gripped my waist so I wouldn’t fall off the couch. I smiled and answered him in the best way I knew how. “You got the kind of love that I want, let me get that. And baby once I get it, I’m yours no take backs. Gonna love you for life, I ain’t leaving your side, even if you knock it, ain’t no way to stop it. Forever you’re mine, baby I’m addicted for life, no lie. I’m not too shy to show I love you, I got no regrets.” I sang to him.

“New song?” he asked with a big smile.

“It’s going to be my first single.” I nodded. “It's weird that I’m singing it as an answer to why I asked you to be my boyfriend in front of a crowd when the song is basically telling a guy to come and get me when he’s ready because I’m here.”

“You know that people probably recorded what happened and it’s all over gossip sites by now right?” he questioned.

“Let the world know, let them speculate. I might be made out to be the bad guy but I don’t care. I love you and that’s all that matters at this point.” I told him then kissed him softly.

“Good, because I have no intentions of letting you go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved writing the concert scene. I laughed way too much writing it. But yay for Selena and Brian FINALLY being together. I know it's a bit soon after shit went down, but this feels right. They have gotten to know each other and they obviously love each other. They deserve to be happy.

This is the LAST Selena chapter. The next chapter will be an epilogue which will be split in two. It'll give an end to Demi and to Selena but as well as a whole. I'm not exactly sure what will happen so if you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see happen let me know! I'll try and have the epilogue next week, but it really depends on if I get any ideas on what to do.

Thanks to everyone who has read this story! It means the world to me. I also will be posting an Alex Gaskarth story soon if anyone is interested. :)