Snowed In

Elsie

Elsie pulled her coat around her a bit closer as she breathed out softly. She had split up with Louis to find Brenna and Zayn, and she was slightly afraid as she thought of different sets of scenarios that could have happened to them. As she licked her lips, she ran a hand through her brown hair and continued on before she saw a familiar figure. It was Zayn, and she smiled since he was alive and seemed healthy enough. “Zayn!” she said as she walked over to him. “Is Brenna with you?” she asked as she peeked behind him. Her smile slightly faltered, and she let out a soft sigh as her shoulders slumped. She had hoped to make up with Brenna, but she didn’t seem to be around. She hoped Louis would find her instead. “Where have you been?” she asked as she looked up at him.

He was smiling brightly at her, and she could see that his eyes were sparkling brightly. They had never done that before, and she wondered what had happened to him in the time she wasn’t with him. “I have something to tell you,” he told her as he tilted back and forth from his heels to his toes. “I hope you approve,” he continued.

He took in a deep breath, and she tilted her head to the side as she waited patiently. “Brenna and I are dating,” he said, and a smile spread across her lips, though she felt hurt by this information.

“That’s great!” she told him. The hurt wasn’t because her ex-boyfriend was dating her best friend. She was just upset that Brenna had never told her her feelings for this one guy. “You should have told me before,” she rolled her eyes as she slightly shoved him, but she gave him a wide smile. “Both of you would make a great couple, and now you and her can go on double dates with Louis and me!” she laughed softly, and he did too before he hugged her tightly. She hugged him back, and it was nice to have Zayn as a friend. That was all she ever wanted, and she hoped she would be able to get her dearest and greatest friend back as well.

“I know. I know,” he nodded as he held her tightly. “I’m just happy you approve,” he pulled back and grinned at her widely. She could see his eyes twinkle, and she could tell that he loved Brenna so much. It was something that made her smile widened.

“’Course, I would. Why wouldn’t I?” she asked as she rolled her eyes. She pulled away from him and started to walk down the hall back to the rooms they were all camping out in at the time. “I honestly think that you guys should have gotten together quicker, though,” she rolled her eyes at the two. She chuckled lightly, and he did too as they turned around the corner.

When they entered the room they were sharing, she smiled. Brenna was talking with Alicia as they sat on the bed, and Elsie hurried over as she tapped on her shoulder. “Can I borrow her for a second?” she asked Alicia, and the girl offered a smile and nodded before Elsie grabbed her best friend’s hand and dragged her out into the hall. She crossed her arms and bit her lip as she stared at her for a second. Her blond hair fell in waves down her shoulders, and her eyes were bright like Zayn’s as well. “You could have told me,” she sighed as she let her arms fall to her sides. “Then, I would understand why you were mad at me, but you didn’t tell me,” she ran her fingers through her hair and shook her head. “You’re so mean for making me worried because I had no idea what I did,” she shook her head before she offered a small smile. Elsie could never stay mad for long. She wasn’t good with grudges. “I’m glad you two are dating though. You will make adorable babies!” she grinned, and Brenna smiled in return as she went to hug her.

“I’m glad you approve,” she whispered softly as she hugged her friend tightly. “I liked him since before you met him. He was the guy I always gushed over, but you beat me to him. I know I should have told you, and I’m sorry, Elsie.”

“I’m sorry too, Brenna,” she nodded as she pulled back and smiled widely at her friend. “Now go hang out with your boyfriend. I have to find mine and tell him I found you two and tell him about you two.” She kissed her friend on the cheek before she started down the hall. Her eyes slowly traveled the familiar walls, and she could only wonder how long they would be stuck in that place. With a sigh, she only shook her head and continued on her journey to find Louis.

In the end, she found a door open, and her head peeked around the door frame to see him sitting on the ground in front of the balcony doors. He was staring outside at the snow, and she walked into the room to sit beside him. “I found Brenna and Zayn,” she said as she went to sit next to him. She smiled a little at him, but he didn’t show any expression. His blue eyes were focused on the snow. “Why are you in here?” she questioned. She was slowly getting worried, and she bit down on her bottom lip. “Louis,” she set her hand on his, “what’s wrong?” He turned slowly to her, and she bit into her lip even harder. His eyes were slightly red, but the blue of his eyes were darker and angrier than she had ever seen them. She could feel him shaking before he slipped his hand away from her.

“I think we should break up,” he whispered softly as he went to stand up again. Her eyes widened at his words, and she jumped up onto her feet as she grabbed his hands.

“What do you mean?” she asked as she looked up at him. It was times like these that she wished she was taller and stronger, so she would be able to hold his hand tighter without him being able to pull away so easily. “Why?” she questioned, and she could feel the tears build in his eyes as he stepped away from her. He only shook his head and turned away before he stormed out of the room. “Louis!” she gasped as some tears fell down her cheeks, and she followed him out into the hall as she grabbed at his hand again. “Louis, please,” she begged as she wiped at her eyes, but he pulled his hand away again.

“I think it’s for the best, Elsie.” He walked away again, and she only stood there as the tears fell down her cheeks and felt onto the ground.