A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

Going Home Is Full Of Surprises

Kate's POV
Asher still wasn't happy about being in russian and away from Rhys and since Craig and his family and a few of the others were going back to Pittsburgh earlier so we decided to join them.

"You know this time difference and jet lag thing sucks," I grumbled as we got home from the airport and collapsed into bed.
"I know, but we home now," Evgeni sighed wrapping his arms around me as we settled for what we thought would be a peaceful sleep, until he twins started crying.
"I will go," Evgeni heaved himself out of bed.

They hadn't stopped crying for about 10 minutes and I was too tired to deal with it for much longer.
"Evgeni is everything ok?" I walked into their nursery to see him cradling a twin in each arm.
"They not stop," he looked at me for help.
"Pass me Luka," I look my upset little guy.

Normally we wouldn't let it get to us but our patience was wearing thin and we were too tired so we took them back to bed with us. We had been trying to stop doing it but right now we didn't care we just wanted to sleep.

"Mummy," Asher peered into our room.
"Yeah buddy?"
"The twins woke me," his little blonde hair was all over the place and he looked so sad.
"Come here," I made space for him in between us where he would always fall asleep when he was having a rough night.

Evgeni's POV
Being back in Pittsburgh earlier was nice. Each year it had been such a drag coming back to an empty house with nothing to look forward to. But now I had a family of my own no matter where I went it always felt like home.

"Geno it's good your back," the French goalie smiled as I opened the door with Lacey in my arms.
"It is, love Pittsburgh. Oh and V Kate has surprise for you, she's in kitchen."

Marc followed me through the mess that we call home. The kids toys everywhere and I could only imagine how it was going to get worse when the twins get a little older and can play.
So far Lego was my worst enemy, Asher loves to play with his Lego and his loves to leave it on the ground just for daddy to step on.
"Sorry about mess, too tired to clean," I apologised.

"OMG YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED!" Veronique screamed as we walked into the kitchen to see her looking at the ring on Kate's hand.
"Dude," Marc hit my arm, "you didn't tell anyone."
"I tell Sid," I frowned.
"What about me " he looked offended.
"You have big mouth tell Vero, Vero get excited tell everyone."
"That is true," Marc gave up.

"When are you getting married?" Vero continued.
"22nd December," Kate confirmed.
"Christmas," I smiled.
"And where?" Vero looked more excited then us.
"Well there is this place back in Sarasota called Powell Crosley Estate that is have dreamed about getting married since I was a little girl and jack was an asshole and wouldn't let me because he is a dream ruiner and all so my new amazing man is letting me pick," Kate came over and kissed me sweetly.
"Don't care where, as long as it's to you," I hitched my arm around her and pulled her closer to kiss her properly.

Kate's POV
 "How do you manage the twins? Isn't it hard?" Vero asked as Evgeni and Asher sat feeding the twins, a new routine they had developed while we were away.
"It can be but because it's the holidays and Evgeni is home it isn't too bad. Ask me that question when the season starts and I will probably have a different answer for you."

I took Luka from Asher when my little 3 month old had finished his bottle and went to burp him.
"Can I try?" Vero looked nervous.
"Sure here," I put the towel over her shoulder and handed Luka over, "just like this," I showed her how to pat his back.
"Since when is Geno some baby genius?" Vero tried to cope him.
"Luka likes here," he moved Vero's hand  lower on the little boys back.

"So why are you getting married so soon?" Vero asked sitting up on the stool at the bench.
"It's not soon, 8 months is plenty of time to plan a wedding," I frowned.
"Wait how long have you been engaged," she must have been doing the math in her head.
"2 months," I smiled remembering the night all to well.
"Really? And your only telling me now?"
"Well I wanted to tell you in person so I could ask you something at the same time."
"What?" she looked even more excited.
"Veronique Fluery, will you be my
maid of honour?" I was trying to be as serious as possible but her wide smiled made me crack up.
"Of course I will," she got down from the stool and gave me one of her best hugs.

"Now I have a surprise too," she continued smiling, "I am pregnant."
"Omg V, that is fantastic, does Marc know?" I was so happy for then.
"Yeah he is a little nervous."

Everyone had been on them about it, they claimed it was the next logical step in their relationship but thu weren't ready, until now. 
"I am so happy for you two and if you need anything, any pointers, just ask, we are professionals."

"You know what one of the best parts about having kids is?" I asked as we sat in the nursery getting the twins to sleep.
"What?" she looked up from Lacey with a smile.
"Watching them be fathers."
"Really?" she scrunched her nose.

"Yeah, watching Evgeni be a father, god don't get me started."
"You just want to jump him?" she laughed.
"Oh all the time, but then you remember you have kids and no time to do it."

"Hey, what you two doing?" Evgeni walked in and sat on the arm of the rocking chair.
"Nothing just talking," he gave me a little peck on the lips.
"Asher is asleep," he ran his hand over Luka's head.
"Good."

Marc went and sat next to Vero on the floor and we watched them as they smiled and fussed over little Lacey.
"You guys will be great parents," I smiled at them.
"You think?" Marc looked up wanting to know for real.
"Of course you will. You two are like some fairy tale; teenaged sweethearts who are in love, get married and gave a billions babies and grow old together."
"Hey we grow old together," Evgeni frowned looking down at me.
"What if I turn into some crazy old cat lady?"
"Then you my crazy old cat lady," he stole another kiss.