Smile

{Four}

I rode my bike passed all the cars, across the street, through the damp alleys, and to the street where Grandma's beautiful house lies.
As I parked my ABT White Road Lizard Bike on Grandma's front yard, I scampered on the front porch and knocked on the door.

No answer.

I tried knocking harder.No answer.

I tried ringing the doorbell countless times.No answer.

Things were starting to get a little odd. Grandma alWays answered door. UsuAlly on the first try. There was obviously something wrong.
I could just feel the adrenaline rush speeding through my blood. I could just feel it.
Luckily, the back door was open, so I snuck in quietly.

"Grandma?" I call.

I looked around the room, and searched for her. She was no where to be found. Then, I went upstairs and checked inside her room. She was on the bed, snoozing off a storm. Who knew Grandma snored?

I shook her slightly. She woke up, practicAlly jumping out of bed. "Gerard?"

I nod. "It's me, Grandma. I just wanted to ask you a few important questions. You reAlly have to answer this."

"You know what?" She said, taking her coat from the closet across the room. "Why don't we take a walk?"
I jump off the chair and follow her out the room.

"Now," she said as she locked up the front door with her keys. "What was that you were desperate to ask me?"

"Well, Grandma, you see, I just wanted to know how to tell whether a person is getting old or not. I mean, you already asked me how old I was. You asked me if Mommy was older than me. And you said you were Mommy's Mommy, so, I bet that you are kind of old... But the thing is, Grandma, I don't exactly know how to tell if you are reAlly getting old. I need to know the Ways to tell how..."

I shake my head, trying to cease all those words that wanted to come right out of my mouth.

"Grandma?"

I look around me. Side to side, front and...back. "Grandma!"

Grandma was lying down on the ground, sprawled like a cooked shrimp on a hot grilled plate. "Grandma! Grandma, wake up!"

I search all around me, looking for someone to help.
"Somebody, help! My grandma fainted! She's old! Please, somebody, help!"

"What's wrong?" A little boy asked, approaching me suddenly.

"You have to help me. My Grandma's old!" I screech.

"Oh no," he said. "Hold on a sec." He craned his head to the side. "Mom! Help! This boy's grandma fainted!"

They called 911, and immediately brought Grandma to the hospital. I called Mikey and told him to tell Mom and Dad to meet me at the St. Thomas Hospital." I got inside the ambulance and stayed right beside Grandma.
I owe it all to her, after all. I'm sure that if we exchanged places, she would be comforting me too.
I held her hand, and she squeezed it very tightly.

"Gerard, dear, there was something I alWays wanted to tell you. The reason why..." Grandma said, but she was cut off by the sounds of the back ambulance doors opening up.
The men carried Grandma inside the hospital.
It was my very first time to walk inside a hospital.

There were several doctors, walking across the hallWay, talking and holding different tools. There were also many nurses, carrying trays of medicine to different rooms.
There were patients shedding several tears, sobbing over pain and suffering that they were going through.

I tried to follow Grandma. The men brought her to the Emergency Room. They shut the door and slammed it right through my face. My hair flew across my face.
I squished my nose on the glass of the door.

"Grandma..."
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Please comment and subscribe. I reAlly appreciate all the support.
Comment to tell me how to improve the story. Thanks a lot!
:)