Status: Definitely going to be slowly updated

Snapshot of a Story

No Reason

With Sergio’s driving it took us half the time it would’ve taken me had I been driving - or anyone else, for that matter. I slowly let myself out of the car after he parked outside, letting me take in the beauty and grandeur of the house as much as possible. Sergio disappeared into the kitchen, leaving me to wander around on my own. The house was absolutely stunning; not too flagrantly huge and expensive, but it was clear he was not in want of money. The decor was a little extravagant for my taste, but I have a more simple taste in decoration. I had been looking at small pictures he had hung up of him and his friends and family when he crept behind me and almost scared me to death.

“What are you doing?” He asked, looking at the pictures over my shoulder.

“Just looking at all your pictures,” I replied, spinning around to look at him. “I can never resist looking at people’s photographs in their home, I guess it’s the photographer in me. They’re always just so cute!”
He smiled, probably not understanding my love for pictures and photography in general but willing to humor me and try to understand. “Oh, and the coffee’s ready, if you’d like some.”

I nodded and followed him into the kitchen, where he poured the both of us a cup. I had a quick sip before following him down hallways and through all the rooms. One of my favorite rooms by far was the rec/tv room, which had a huge television, with game systems, a million movies, and posters from Real Madrid, Spain, and various tournaments he’d played in. My other favorite “room” was the back porch, with a view of the beautiful backyard and pool, which reminded me of home.

“You swim?” He’d noticed my lingering gaze on the pool, which I broke to look at him.

I shrugged and said, “I used to a lot, when I was really little. I like to when I can.”

He smiled and said, “Well you should come over soon and we can swim! It’ll be fun!”

I agreed without too much more convincing - it had been way too long since I’d been able to go for a good swim. By now we had wandered closer to the pool’s edge, talking mindlessly of all that we had both accomplished over the last almost twenty years. It wasn’t until it was almost midnight that I looked at my watch to see the time. “Oh my gosh, it’s almost midnight! I should be getting home, I have a shoot tomorrow I haven’t done nearly enough to get ready for and I’m sure you have practice and need to-”

“Piper, shhh, it’s okay! I don’t have practice until the afternoon and I’m sure your shoot will be amazing as always!” He somehow managed to calm me down almost immediately, something even Ezra had managed to do so easily somewhat recently. “Are you sure you don’t wanna go for a swim now?”

I looked at him confused, “Of course I don’t want to now, I don’t have a swimsuit!”

“Who says you need a swimsuit?” I realized his angle a split second before I felt myself being nudged into the pool and barely had time to take a gulp of air before I hit the cold water. I resurfaced to see Sergio stripping his shirt and shoes off before jumping in as well.

There should be a ban on people like him wearing shirts, I thought to myself as he resurfaced as well, laughing at me. “You’re evil, did you know that?”

He only smiled and shrugged. “Really? I’ve been told I’m charming and hilarious.”

I only pushed some water at him in reply. “Why did you do that? What if your girlfriend sees us and jumps to conclusions?”

Sergio only looked at me, and I became increasingly aware of the diminishing distance between us.

“What gave you the impression I have a girlfriend?” He gave me no time to respond, seeing as he had taken that opportunity to place a gentle kiss on my lips.

I was so shocked I could hardly think, but managed to get out the words, “No reason.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't even. I won't even.