Status: Definitely going to be slowly updated

Snapshot of a Story

Lies

Piper,” I heard a voice that sounded distinctly like Sergio’s sing from the front of the gallery. I set down the picture I had been in the middle of framing and headed out there to see Ezra looking dazed and confused and a smiling though clearly somewhat confused Sergio as well.
“He’s okay,” I told Sergio, giving him a kiss on the cheek. “What can I do for you?”
He just kept smiling and shook his head. “Nothing, other than go to Brazil with us next month.”
I just stared at him. “Wait...what?”
He broke out into an even wider grin and spun me around in a hug. “You’re going to Brazil with us! I called a few people and they said they were deciding between you and some other guy and I told them we all wanted you, so you’re going!” It was all I could do to stare at him in shock, almost definitely looking completely ridiculous while doing so. “Well aren’t you excited?!” His smile was beginning to fade as doubts crossed his mind as to whether or not I actually wanted to do it.
I finally managed to produce words - “Of course I’m excited! I’m thrilled, actually! Oh my gosh, that’s amazing! I can’t wait!”
 He grew visibly more relieved after I said that. “Well let’s go out and celebrate! The guys have been dying to meet you and they’re almost as thrilled as I am!”
 I agreed, though I didn’t get the impression I had much of a choice regardless. It also wasn’t very easy telling Sergio no for anything; he was one of those people that could just look at you and make you want to do anything for him. “Yeah, let me go grab my stuff, I’ll be right back.” I disappeared into the studio to grab my purse and phone and my hand was on the doorknob when I heard Sergio say, “Would you like to go with us as well? I bet Piper would like you there too, you know, another familiar face and all.”
“Oh, um, no thanks, I think I’ll have to pass this time. I’ll let you two have your fun with your teammates. My friend wanted to meet up anyway,” Ezra replied. Though I knew he wanted to go, I also knew he would feel like the tag along and would think I’d rather him not go. Which was totally false, it’d be so fun to hang out with both Sergio and Ezra with the Spanish national team players. I appreciated the fact that Sergio asked nonetheless and that Ezra was thoughtful enough to think of what I’d want. I chose this moment to make my reappearance.
“Okay, ready to go!”
Sergio looked up from one of the display racks of prints I’d done and followed me outside after we both said goodbye to Ezra, who was happy to go home early as well.

Two hours later found me in the VIP section of the players’ favorite club. So far I had only been able to gather loose impressions of most of them. Of course I had already met Cesc, whom I got to speak with more openly and loosely now, and I found that he was a really funny, nice guy, and definitely one of my favorites. Sergio also introduced me to Fernando Torres (who seemed extremely shy and quiet), Iker Casillas (not quite so shy, but still one of the more mature and calmer ones), Jesus Navas, Gerard Pique, and David Villa, all of whom also seemed very nice - though David Villa’s soul patch kind of weirded me out.
I was dancing with Cesc, and when the song ended I excused myself to step outside for a second to get some fresh air. I managed to get my message across with a sequence of hand motions and gestures because of the blaring speakers, and he headed back towards the rest of the guys, or their general area, and I headed towards the door. I reassured with the guard at the door that I would be able to get back in with no trouble before stepping outside into the cool night air.
“Hey.”
It took me a second to realize the speaker was talking to me, and was also sitting on the the ground a few feet away, closer to the edge of what little light was available. “Um, yes?” I didn’t really know how to reply or to address her.
“You’re Sergio Ramos’ new girl right?” The woman was clearly tipsy, not quite totally wasted, and had also been smoking - disgusting. She flicked her cigarette butt on the ground and half smiled. “It’s okay, I already know you are. Don’t be scared, I’m not gonna do anything. I just wanted to warn you not to trust him. He’s not what you think he is. He seems all sweet and nice and caring and perfect at first, but he’ll show you. He’ll prove you wrong. I know, because he did the same to me. I should’ve known though. You just get away while you have the chance, you hear?”
I only stared at her, not sure whether or not to believe her. They say a person is much more honest when they’re drunk, right?
“He makes it sound like he’s doing all these sweet, wonderful things for you, he’s done that right?”
Yes. A trip to Brazil definitely sounds like that.
She must’ve seen the expression on my face because her smirk grew, not reaching her eyes. “Just always remember that I warned you.”
“Warned you about what?”
I spun around to be faced with a confused looking Sergio. A Sergio whose expression quickly turned to one of disgust and anger when he saw who I had been talking to. “Nothing, Sergio,” I said, and started to go around him, but he grabbed my arm, preventing me from moving another inch.
“What did you tell her?” His voice was dripping with anger.
“Sergio, I want to go. Let’s leave,” I tried pulling him away but there was no chance, every pull on his arm was treated as though I was invisible.
“I told her what she needs to know, Sergio. You can’t get mad at me for that. You know, girl on girl talk,” the woman had by now stood up, though very unsteadily. “I just don’t want you treating anyone else the way you treated me, that’s all.”
By now he just looked as though he couldn’t decide whether to be shocked or furious. I knew he was really tempted to just punch the shit out of her and be done with it but his upbringing would never allow that.
Sergio, let’s go!” I said again, using my whole body weight just to remind him I was there. He finally acknowledged my wish and allowed me to pull him away.
“Piper, I want to make sure you don’t believe a thing she told you, I can promise you it was all lies.”
“I don’t want to talk about it now. I just want to say goodbye to everyone and go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i've been really working on this story a lot lately, I hope ya'll are enjoying it! I love what feedback I've gotten, keep it coming and let me know if ya'll have suggestions!