Status: done. xx.

Christmas Dancing

1/1.

“Christmas, Christmas, Christmas! Katie, get up, get up, and get up!”

I groaned as my boyfriend of two years jumped on the bed like a five year old, attempting to wake me up. Opening my eyes, I laughed a-bit, seeing Harry in his one-sie pajamas – maybe he really is a five year old, but just stuck in an eighteen-year old body.

“Five more minutes, boo.” I replied, pulling the covers over my eyes to block out any sign of light.

“No, get up! We have to open presents right now!” He exclaimed, still jumping on the bed.

Sighing, I gave in and pushed the covers off of me, revealing the sun’s light in my eyes. I whimper and blink a few times to get them adjusted the sudden splotch of light blinding my eyes. “Wait, I thought we agreed on no presents?” I frown, feeling bad now because I didn’t get him anything.

“Well, plans change, I got you something. Now come on,” Harry stopped jumping and climbed down, pulling me out the bedroom door, dragging me downstairs.

“But, Harry…I feel bad now because I didn’t get you anything,” I mumbled, looking down.

He shook his head quickly, “You don’t need to get me anything, love. You’re all I want and need.”

I sighed once more, sat on the plaid couch and relaxed. I watched as Harry grabbed a large present from under our horrid tree that we attempted to put up. Let’s just say that it looks absolutely horrible, but hey, it’s the thought that counts right?

“Here you go, love,” he said, handing me the well-wrapped, large present carefully. “Be careful, it’s kind of heavy.”

“I noticed,” I grunted as I unwrapped the present. One unwrapped, gasped, and I felt tears well up in my eyes, “How do you even get a hold of this, Harry?”

He gave me my old Grandfather’s record player, from 1986. I’ve always wanted to have it because it was unique and an original. My grandpa made the record player on October fifth, 1986. From what my mother has told me, the only reason why he made it was because my grandmother loved music and always wanted to listen to it while she cooked. At the time, they couldn’t afford to buy a radio, so they made-do with the materials that the couple had scattered around their house.

“I went to your mum’s house and I asked where it was because I knew that she had it,” he smiled widely, pecking my lips lightly. “And I knew that you really wanted it.”

I nodded and pecked his lips repeatedly, placing the record player on the table that sat in front of us.

Harry chuckled and tightly hugged me, still smiling.

“So, how about we plug this bad-boy in and see if it really works,” Harry suggested, taking the player and plugging it in the nearest outlet.

He took out a random record and popped it into the player, starting the song. Grinning, he took my wrists and pulled me up to him. “Would you care for a dance, m’lady?” He asked as a slow song started to play.

Pretending to think, I smiled, “I would love to, my prince.”

“My prince? I like it,” he beamed.

I rolled my eyes and pulled him out to the ‘dance floor’, placing my long arms around his neck; he placed his arms around my tiny waist. I started to sway back and forth on both feet, cuddling into his warm chest as the music filled our ears. I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat, a repetitive fast pace.

“Hey Katie?” He mumbled into my ear.

“Hmm?”

“I just want to tell you how much you mean to me,” he starts, holding me close to his chest. “You’re truly the best thing that has ever happened to me. Ever since I’ve laid eyes on you, I knew that you were going to be the one. Even though I’m not ready for marriage due to the whole ‘touring the world’ thing, I just want to let you know that I do plan on marrying you one day; just not now,” he took a deep breath, biting his lip.

“Remember what people said about us in the beginning?” He asked, still swaying to the music. “How that we were never going to last more than two weeks? Or how we’re complete opposites, we would never agree on anything?”

I nod without saying a word, letting him finish his little speech.

“Well, look where we are now. Two years together, and still going strong,” Harry says, a hint of pride shining through his thick British accent. “I love you, Katie. I always will, love, I promise.”

I smile widely and glance up at him, poking his chest. “You’re such a charmer, you know that?”

He nods, snickering. “I try my best.”

Rolling my eyes, I leaned in to kiss his lips. He met me halfway, connecting lightly.

As the song finished, we pulled apart. Harry reached over and switched it so it would play the next song. Yet again, another slow song.

Swaying, I glanced at his wardrobe once again. "Harry, when are you going to change out of that ridiculous one-sie?"

He laughed and kissed the top of my forehead, pulling me back to his chest again. “Never, ever, ever." Harry smiled, "I love you Katie, merry Christmas.”

I rolled my eyes at his response and lightly smiled. “I love you too, Harry. Merry Christmas."

The rest of the night Harry and I spent dancing and singing along to the songs that filled the room. We ignored every calls or text that we got, because we wanted to be alone. We wanted to focus on each other for a day, and only one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 1:09 A.M. here, ugh.
I'm sorry if you do not like it, but eh, I sort of like it I guess.
Merry Christmas y'all! xx.

xx Ally.