Sequel: Upside Down
Status: Complete =)

Baby Steps

Shopping Trip

The next morning I woke Vic up before the other’s had a chance to process what was going on. Vic, albeit happy to spend some time with me alone, was not pleased about the 7am wake up call. I was hyper so it wasn’t like I was trying to be annoying while bouncing on the couch next to him… Thankfully I didn’t end up waking up Jaime who happened to be sleeping in the chair beside us.
We were walking around the town trying to find something to give me an idea of what I wanted to do for Tony. I wasn’t sure what I was going to find in Houston, but I was in a good mood so hopefully that would help.
“So what made you decide to do this?” Vic nudged my side with his shoulder.
“Tony’s been acting really odd recently.” I mused as we turned a corner and came up to what I assumed to be the mall.
“So you’re going to what exactly?” Vic thrust his hands into his pockets and waddled beside me.
“I’m not entirely sure.” We walk up to the entrance of the mall and I open the door for him and follow behind.
“You mean, you woke me up at the butt crack of dawn and dragged me across town and you have no idea what you want to get him?” I knew he was joking, but I still pushed his shoulder playfully.
“Vic…” I whined. “But you’re my older brother and I need your help.” I gave him my best pleading puppy dog face and he rolled his eyes.
“You’re hopeless…” He grabbed my arm and began to drag me down one of the main walkways. “Come on.”
I had no idea that one mall could have so many stores. We started at one end of the ground floor and then zig zagged our way to the second and third. Vic suggested that we just observe and look around, seeing what may pop out and if there was anything of interest to me. Needless to say, I was not eager to walk this much. A few stores seemed interesting on the first floor, but we continued on, making sure that I didn’t find anything else that I liked better.
When we got to the third floor, I was going crazy. I had found at least seven different things that I liked for Tony. How was I going to choose? This was starting to make my head hurt. I turned to Vic, who had dragged me into a small music store for a minute.
“Let’s go grab lunch… all this shopping is starting to make my brain hurt.” He chuckled lightly before putting down the CD he had been holding and began to follow me. We headed in the general direction of the food court and then split up to go get our food. I grabbed some Chinese and then a smoothie before looking for Vic. We met up again at one of the tables and I pulled out my phone to check my messages.
There was one from Tony asking me where Vic and I had run off to, saying that Jaime wouldn’t say. I laughed a little before sending him a reply. Then I set my phone down on the table and began eating. As I went to eat another bite, my phone went off again.
*Why so secretive *
*Relax. I’ll be back soon *
*Brat…*
“Tony?” Vic questioned, giving me a knowing look.
“Yeah, apparently Jaime’s doing a fine job of not telling him where we went.”
“That’s my boy.” Vic just grinned at me. He was so whipped. I finished the majority of my food before someone caught my attention. I squinted my eyes and watched her pass the food court. She met up with a tall guy and my mouth fell open.
“Vic, look.” I pointed across the mass of people.
“Is that Taylor?” He questioned, standing to get a better look. “Is that?”
“Yeah, I know.” I stood and grabbed my tray. “Come on.” We maneuvered our way through the crowd and I reached out and grabbed the girls shoulder. She whipped around before realizing who I was.
“Mike! Vic!” She wrapped us both in a hug and the guy behind her started laughing.
“Hey guys, long time no see.” He pulled his hood down, even though we knew who it was.
“Yeah Austin, what brings you to…Austin?” I ask curiously. Wow that’s ironic.
“She did.” He motions to Taylor, who grinned.
“You wanted to come, Aus.” She shoved his arm. “Anyway, we’re here to do a photo shoot and I happened to run into Austin after our escapade in Vegas.”
“Escapades?” Austin questioned. “That’s not how you described it to me.”
“I wouldn’t call making a fool out of Jaime an escapade.” I laughed.
“Anyway.” Vic cut in. “What are you guys up to now?”
“Taylor needed to get a few things.” Austin explained.
“What about you?” She piped in.
“Mike’s looking for something for Tone.” Vic answered as I blushed a little.
“Oh! Let me help.” She grabbed my hand. “Austin, go chill with Vic and I’ll catch up with you in a little ‘kay?” She gave him a small smile, almost pleading with him. He sighed and smile back at her.
“Alright.”
“Yay!” She hugged him and proceeded to pull me away with her. What the heck was up with them?
She pulled me until we were far enough away from the other two and then started to walk at a normal pace.
“So what were you thinking about getting him?” She asked after a little while.
“I haven’t the slightest clue.” I sighed. “What do you think he would like?”
“He’s your boyfriend, not mine.”
“Speaking of?”
“No… maybe… yes…what was the question…” I burst out laughing at her comment.
“Alright, well congrats.” She grinned, knowing that she didn’t have to actually say anything for me to know what was going on.
“I think I might have an idea for what to get him come on.” I was about to question her, when she pulled me towards another store.

It was perfect. I couldn’t believe how easy it was once Taylor was helping. She knew exactly what to look for and even Vic and Austin agreed it was perfect. Now all I had to do was wrap it and then give it to him. I was planning on taking him out for dinner tomorrow night. I hoped this went as well as I thought it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay another chapter and it only took a week this time...yeah I know I suck ><

I hope you're all dying of anticipation. Jk Please don't die I LOVE YOU...
Sorry I'm insanely hyper...

K, love you guys XD