Sequel: Therapy
Status: This story is complete. Please note that certain chapters may act as a trigger, and if you feel yourself getting triggered at any time, I want you to stop and just breathe, okay? I'm only a message away if you need some random stranger to talk to.

If These Sheets Were States

She's Out of Control, So Beautiful

Bella stood in fear, tightening her grip on the teacloth to her arm. She looked at the caller display, one eye shut, hoping it wasn't who she thought it would be.

"Shit." She hissed as the phone stopped ringing. Bella blew out a breath, feeling slightly relieved. The teacloth was soaked with blood, she desperately needed to find something else to use to steady the flow. Her phone started ringing again. "For fuck sake!" She hissed once again. Bella darted around the kitchen, throwing the teacloth in the kitchen sink and reaching for the bottle of bleach underneath. She doused the teacloth in thick bleach and ran the hot tap as fast as she could. The sink began to fill and the blood began to seep out into the water, staining it a light red colour. Bella winced at the sight, and then looked at her arm, the wince not disappearing.

The blood had started to dry on her arm, and her phone was ringing for its fifth time, and she swore she had heard her text tone go off a couple of times. Bella pressed her arm softly to make sure that it had stopped bleeding, before walking over to the table and reaching out for her phone. It stopped ringing just as she grabbed it. She checked her missed calls. Five missed calls ..all from Alex. She read the text messages she'd received.

"Oh, if only it was that easy Alex." Bella read the text to herself. "Oi lady, answer your phone!" She smiled at the three kisses on the end. She read the other one that followed. "Babe?" Once again, another three kisses on the end of that one. She must have worried him. Another text soon followed, as she opened it and read it to herself. "Can you answer me please?" This time, there were no kisses, he was panicking, he must have been.

Bella exited the text conversation and swiped her thumb across Alex's name, instantly calling him. He answered straight away.

"BELLA?! What were you doing? You had me worried!"

"I'm sorry, I was really busy."

"Why didn't you text me? I don't mean to sound obsessive, I just.. got worried because the last text I had from you, was you telling me you'd just stormed out of class and I don't know. I freaked."

"I'm sorry, Alex. I'm just busy."

"Well, are you still up for our date?"

"Of course I am babe."

"Babe, ey? Alright then, this one will be a challenge.. I shall see you later then, baby."

Bella smiled, her cheeks blushing a bright shade of red.

"I know you're smiling."

"No.."

"So I'll see you at seven, yeah?"

"Of course." Bella said with a massive grin on her face. "Will you meet me at the doors? I can't say I have ever been able to afford to stay in that hotel before, so I wouldn't know where to even begin, ha."

"Sure thing, sweetheart."

Bella's heart felt like it was melting, all over again. Was this really how it was going to feel like every single time? The two of them said their goodbyes and ended the phone-call, each of them getting back to their own business.

Bella looked at the time and noticed that it was only two in the afternoon. She still had another four and a half hours to go before she could even leave. She looked around the kitchen, walked through to the bathroom and looked around and then looked around her bedroom. She searched around the whole house and decided that it could do with a spring clean. That would consume at least an hour and a half of her time. Bella started to make a mental list of things she could do. The list included cleaning and tidying the house, showering, picking out an outfit and getting ready for the night ahead of her.

But first, she had to clear up the mess she had made..