Sequel: Therapy
Status: This story is complete. Please note that certain chapters may act as a trigger, and if you feel yourself getting triggered at any time, I want you to stop and just breathe, okay? I'm only a message away if you need some random stranger to talk to.

If These Sheets Were States

But You'd Expect That From Me

"Alright, see you later!" Bella shouted, as both her and Alex waved off Zack and Paige, who had turned around to wink at Bella. Alex looked at Bella with a look of confusion and Bella stuck her middle finger up at Paige, who in return, laughed and turned around to walk to her block of flats. Bella turned to look at Alex as she strapped herself in and turned the engine on; he was staring out of the car window, with his thumbs twiddling in his lap. He let out a sigh and carried on staring into the distance. He looked so peaceful and yet so disturbed, Bella thought to herself. She reached for his hands.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Bella questioned him, a smooth tone in her voice.

"Hmm?" Alex hummed as he snapped back to reality. "Oh, nothing babe. Don't worry." He said as he gripped Bella's hands tightly and gave her a gentle smile.

"No, you're lying. That's not how we play this game, you tell me the truth, Gaskarth." Bella demanded as she pulled off from the parking space.

"I don't know how to say it, so I won't."

Bella grunted quietly as she drove off. Without any music playing to blur out the thick air that had settled between them, she decided to break the silence after ten long minutes.

"Can you just tell me? Please?" Bella said softly, a small lump in her throat.

Alex bit his lip with a sense of nervousness. "I noticed you didn't eat anything, Bella. Why?"

Bella felt her grip on the steering wheel tighten, as her knuckles turned a bright shade of white. "I don't know."

"Yes, you do!"

"Alex, look. I don't eat. I don't know why I don't eat. I never really have an appetite, and when I eat, I feel like shit. Not shit enough to go home and make myself sick, before you ask. I don't do that and I'm not like that, so I wouldn't. But I just, I don't know. Eating is a difficult thing because I never really have time to cook myself anything, and then by the time I remember I haven't eaten, it doesn't matter."

"But it does. You ate fine when we went on our date the other night."

"That's because the food was there in front of me. And I was quite hungry. So I ate. But when I'm alone and there's nobody else to cook for, I don't want to cook for just myself."

"That's really not good for you, Bella. Do you do it on purpose?"

"No! I don't! I just.. like I said, Alex. Eating just isn't something I'm good at, I never have been. And I can't explain it anymore than that." Bella frowned as she pulled up outside of her house.

"But it's bad for you." Alex pouted, stepping out of the car and leaning against the wall.

"So are a lot of the things I do, Alex."

"Like what?" Alex asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"Well for starters, probably you." Chuckling, Bella walked up to Alex, entwining her fingers in his hair and pulling his face close to her's. She closed the distance between them as he took her body in his arms, kissing her gently and softly. They pulled away and stared at each other for a minute.

"Gaskarth."

"Stitham." He smirked.

Smiling, Bella held on to Alex's hands and dragged him to the front door.

She faced it, trying to fiddle with the keys to unlock it. Alex pressed her against it, and pressed himself into her. His head rested on her shoulder, slowly unzipping her very baggy jacket as she giggled playfully, feeling victorious when the door gave in the fight and unlocked.