Sequel: The Way You Want It.
Status: This story will be completed. if you want updates - or something adding message myself or my coauthor

Time to Try

Chapter Ten

Six hours, fifty phone calls and a million button clicks later Dwaine 'Pete' Johnson sat on a comfortable chair in front of his laptop reading over a file he had been sent from a contact, a contact who had said that his opponents weakness was contained in this hundred page document he was skim reading; so far limited success had been gained from reading the boring and bdly worded document. Why could doctors not speak in simple and clear English?
They were making the facts so much harder to uncover.
So he had found Lyndonn was visually challanged, a condition in both eyes causing something called Amblyopia, so effected his vision. He'duncovered prescriptions for something called 'Nadalol', a betablocka of some kind, further research had brought him a name for the reason such medicines were needed. Long QT Syndrome, a rare heart condition, over all caused by defected genes. So the boy had bad genes that didnt help, especially when he found that the medications effects were limited and the conditions both were something and nothing, as in he currently was experiencing no side effects. Other than that the document had supplied him with nothing.
He opened an email from a contact, just come through. it contained some lifestyle choices about his opponent and apicture displaying a young man, short sand blond hair, swept to the right. he stood in front of a plam tree, sun gasses covering the cold blue eyes he usually had on sidplay. The email displayed further infromation his education
Eton.
Hardvard.
Ocford.
Rich kids....
It told Pete that the boyy was Bi Lingual, speaking fluent English, french and Chinese. It told him he was allergic to mushrooms, but not seriously, it would just limit how far he;d be able to travel due to sickness, sickness he'd robably grown accustomed to, certainly would not let it affect him he was sure of that. It told Perte that Lyndon liked K pop, among other forms of music, his particular favourite being Psy at the current moment, but that would probably change soon, from one extreme to the other, he liked metal and classical too. Great, so the boy changed his preferences quickly and to different extremes. It mentioned a second allergy, opiates, well yes, but unless he intended to send Lyndon to hospital with Herroine in his system, that one would be hard.
As far as people could find, the boys ID was limited, there was no way to set up a police call. He had a Passport, probably faked for all anyone knew. He;d no driving license or other ID form, the driving license would have been denied they knew, besides he could tell from what he already knew of Lyndon ona personal level, that would be ofno advantage to him anyway, the boy was an excellent driver and completely care free.
he returned to the medical document; the screen shut off quickly as he heard the bedroom door open, he looked to see the lovely Bexii leaving the bedroom she smiled to him, wrpped in a pink bathrobe she walked over and kissed his cheek, scratch stubble. He smiled as he detected her scent of rose shampoo and a chocolate mint shower gel. She truly was a diamond, proud he;d found her, a good looking and obedient girl.. How rare were they?
The best part was she asked no questions and kept herself to herself. She didnt complain when he asked her to go back to the bedroom so that he could answer a phone call in peace, she simply did as she was told. How wonderful.
He lifted his Nokia to his ear and accepted the call. "Yes?"
"Boss, we have a problem, a big one."
"What's that?"
"The newbee's been destroyed."
"What?"
"He had a run in with The Kaller." His friends way of seying Lyndon had found him, the man thought he was being witty in using Lyndons appropriate last name as euphanism for the guy who'll one day kill you.
Kaller, Killer... Get it?
Whatever.
Pete a large man, around six foot three, skinny by muscular and wearing formal wear, with no exceptions made pulled lightly at his long black hair and closed his eyes sighing as the htought of what to do, his mind made when the man spoke again. "Chris broke."
"What?"
"Lundon has your name."
"Which will make no difference to him."
"If only Chris hadn't given The Kaller his iphone."
"And?"
"Chris had insurance pictures, in case things went wrong."
They'd gpne wrong okay, as wrong as they could have gone. Pete moved quckly, he left he laptop there and hung up the phone, packing quickly all the weapons he could find. His last worry of course being caught with fire arms in a country where such things were high class felonies, let alone foreign, smuggled unlicensed weapons. He'd be in prison for the rest of his life probably, at least long enough for Lyndon to forget he existed, at least get bored and leave him alone... right? Well he could hope that the police would catch him, then he could be safe. The alternative was self defense.
COurse, as he was leaving his thoughts briefly turned to Bexii, alone in the bedroom, Lyndon surely would be on his way to the apartment? Would he take the same shot as Pete has sent Chris to do and take out the woman in his life? No, he recalled two things, Stephanie had meant little to Lyndon, by nature the boy cared about few people beyond himself and those who created him, secondly, he liked a challenge. Bexii was far too easy.
Pete closed the door quietly and in minutes was disguised in the mercifully busy London crowds.