Sequel: The Way You Want It.
Status: This story will be completed. if you want updates - or something adding message myself or my coauthor

Time to Try

Chapter Thirteen

Leeds, England.

The plane had landed a half hour before, Lyndon had moved quickly overtaking Pete as he raced through the security and out of the airport into the car park, he waited patiently. Sat upon a wall drinking a can of seven up, The only sugar filled drink he had been able to find that had limited caffiene but lots of flavour. As Pete appeared Lyndon down the last gulp and disposed of the can in the bin, Littering to him seemed pointless, it messed things up and it drew attention to you.
Pete was about to walk passed when Lyndon's foot tripped him, the man hit the floor and Lyndon, with speed dragged him behind a wall and down a slope before punching the man without giving him chance to speak. "Lyndon?"
"You bastard." Several more punches were allowed before the large man rolled away from him
"Lyndon, listen-"
"You killed my step mother!"
"No, technically I didn't"
"Sorry, you were a coward and sent someone, make it all the better."
"I was warning you."
"What?"
"Back off."
"So you attacked my father's life."
"I have no other way of hurting you."
With full force and complete accuracy Lyndon placed a haed strike to the mans abdomen, sending him flying. The large man winced placing a hand on his abdomen trying to support it, to stop the pain. "Lyndon." This time when he spoke he was more beathless. "We need each other."
"The fuck we-"
"We need each other."
"Why?"
"You're nothing without me, I'm nothing without you. We keep each others careers going."
"No we."
"Lyndon."
Lyndon stepped back thinking on the idea. Perhaps they did, were they the motivation behind one another? His thought trail died off quickly when the big man spoke again. "I know who your target is, you're going to need help getting her, as I assume you didn't kill my lovely lady Bexii."
"No."
"She's an attactive girl, its hard, even for someoen like you." The words 'Someone like you.' may have offended most, been percieved as discrimination. Lyndon Kaller was far from bothered by it, the less he was associated with your normal and average human being the better, he really could not be bothered in complaining about this and that, segrigation was normal. Moreover, segregation was wanted.
Those words simply took him to a time, once when he had been sectioned in a psychotic episode, he recalled the time as the best in his life. He had been left alone, in peace. No people unless they were needed. He was fed, comfortable and alone. Allowed to do his own thing, his mind was allowed to wander on its own natural course without hindering from others, without focus being removed and then placed forcefully on other aspects in his life he wished not to care about.
"She won't stop me doing it."
"Uh huh."
"She wont."
"She will, and when you return, unless you have my advice, and so me alive, she'll have you on your back and panting her name in seconds. Then my friend, you have no chance."
Lyndon thought, this description was soemthing he had never experienced, never wanted to experience. Not something that had even peaked his curiosity. It drew his mind to the conclusion thats sex could not be so good that it prevented all one needed to do from being achived. Surely. Its addictive quality seemed to be a myth. Yet his mind wandered to attachment, he would have a bonding with this woman, he would somehow grow attached... That could not happen. He nodded to Pete allowing him to stand.
"This is not because I like you. I need a navigator."
"You dont know Leeds?"
An embarrassed look was offered, Pete sighed and nodded and dragged Lyndon to a bus stop where ten minutes later they caught the bus straight into the heart of Leeds.

***

The hotel Pete had chosen out was comfortable. Located just off Wellington street, by the rail way station - both had insisted on such, quick escape if needed. In fact, Lyndon could say the hotel was very comfortable and reminded him of his fathers taste, and his grandfathers (on his mothers side) the men had agreed on many things, including sending an eleven year old boy across the atlantic ocean and away from his home. Lyndon sighed, memories, they suck.
They both sat in Lyndon's room, he looked out the window, neither had spoke for a good ten minutes, the silecne was comfortable, at least Lyndon thought so. Especially after the longest bus ride of his life - or so he thought - with Pete permenantly asking questions. The conversation would have been completely one sided had Lyndon not offered the occasional 'Shut up' to try and get through it without publicly remocing the mans head with a spoon. Pete clearly did not like the silence as much, he seemed uneasy, fidgetting. "What's wrong?"
"I'm worried."
"About?"
"You."
"I'm not going to kill you, not here."
"That's not what I mean."
"You mean what then?"
"Bexii, she's not all she seems."
"What? She's not a dumb blond slut?" Lyndon pretend gasped, feigning shock lazily.
"Well, she has brown hair for starts," A comment for which Pete recieved flat eyes "I mean, she's smarter than you think. That and crazy as all hell, not crazy like you. Sort of... Well she's obsessed."
"OCD."
"Yes."
"Thought so."
Pete just nodded and stood pacing, Lyndon returned to looking out of the window, observing all the people, old, young, students most of them. He recalled the University, or a part of one of the two (The Met he thought) was located over the road, concidently, they had booked into a hotel a step or two away from a law school. Ironic?
He tried despirately hard to ignore the annoying pacing continuing behind him, tried to push aside the bad thoughts - people, they're just foolish. Trying to fit in, to not appear as though he hated the world. That stopped when his company made the most insane suggestion he'd heard since his elitist and perfect birth.
"Lets go shopping."
Lyndon raised an eyebrow and turned slowly, the look on his face suggesting he'd rather rip of his tesitcles and eat them.