Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Track 05: Ammunition - Disco Curtis

The two fist bumped and sunk down behind the counter in slow motion like the evil villains they were. Greasy pants just so happened to be the girl who made her way into Ryan's little shop. It was clear to him that a guy that smelled like Dove soap and a bit of Axe would be that girl's ideal man. She was a car junkie. The kind high off of car exhaust fumes and hands rough from hours of work. He probably could tell her to find the rattling noise in his Honda and she could find it and fix it in ten minutes flat.

Well, he was clearly wrong about the high part, by the way she talked and held herself during the conversation, it was clear that she had some sort of intelligence. The boy she was with even looked offended for insulting him. She sat back in her seat and excused herself from the table, making her way towards the bathrooms. He looked over to Cassie hoping that she cleaned them this morning.

“Pst,” Ryan called from the floor beneath the Dove soap boy.

The teen looked left and right wondering if he hallucinated the voice.

“Pst times two,” Cassie said on the other side of the boy's chair.

The teen looked down and pulled his legs up in a shocked fear. His eyes were bugged out as he looked back and forth to the adults lying on the ground at his feet.

“You're doing a horrible job mister rich pants.”

“Really, by your age I was already picking up more girls than I could handle!”

“Now, Ryan, your cousins don't count.”

“Oh, haha, your so funny,” he reached his arm over and flicked her in the face.

“Uh, what?” the teen asked in a scared confused tone.

Cassie and Ryan were quickly off the floor at his sides and pointed off to where the car girl left to.

“You need to rebound from that horrible attempt to woo her.”

“What-”

“Try to flatter her, or talk about what she likes,” Cassie nodded with wide eyes.

“But if that doesn't work, we sell the best crepes in the area. Nothing says love than a pastry filled with cherries and love. Here have a coupon.”

“You know what, just take one-”

“Take two!”

Two plates seemed to magically appear into their hands and were placed on the table in front of the boy just as the girl appeared around the corner. The boy looked at her and was about to say something more to the strange adults but they were already back at the counter making some more orders. Cassie smiled in his direction and mouthed to flatter her. The boy only gave the strangest look back to them as the car junky sat back down. She looked like she was about to talk but saw the food instead. She looked a little pleased, eying the food, the boy, then back at the food.

Ryan pinched his lips together and gave Cassie a pleased look. The two gave a little fist bump and went back to work.

---

“You know, I think we mistook the two of them,” Ryan yawned at the end of the day.

“How so?”

Cassie locked up the door and hopped down the few steps to where Ryan stood. She stopped and then slouched forward giving him a look.

“Aw, is this because your “crepes of love” didn't work on the two?”

“They have never failed before!” he gritted his teeth in a humorous frustration, “they must not be in love.”

He and Cassie laughed and walked over to where their cars waited.

“Oh, remember that I won't be in till later tomorrow.”

“And I'll remember to paint the shop pink while you are gone!”

He cocked an eyebrow and she snuck into her car with an evil smirk on her face. He shook his head and joined her in the same fashion and soon both were leaving the old little church turned coffee shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so late!

Just couldn't find the right song!