‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

A Storm Is Comming

Carlisle POV

I heard the soft sound of humming as I walked through through the door of what felt like my second home. I glanced at my watch to find it was three in the afternoon. Intrigued I speed up the stairs to find my beautiful Sammy working furiously on a painting.
Sparks of light gracefully danced around her body as she concentrated on the paints. The light reminded me of the light that danced around sam when was protecting us from Brad. The only difference now is the light danced slower and sometimes formed shapes. Two figures made of light danced on her shoulder.

Not wanting to disturb her I closed the door and walked into the living room of the cabin. We, as a family, decided since this spring break was going to be extraordinarily sunny we would pack up for the cabin. Everyone seemed to love it when we were here during the winter. Today the family were spread out in many directions. Emmett, Dahlila, Emmelia, and Gabriel went out for a family run and planned to meet Vlad later in the day. Edward, Renesmee, and Jacob were out scoping out dinners for the few who could still eat. Jasper and Alice decided to take Bethany for some ice cream. The only ones left in the house was Sammy and I.

Time passed as I stared at the wall thinking of my beloved. Looking up I noticed a deep blue ball of liquid floating just inches away from my face. Intrigued I reached my hand to touch it but before I could make contact it popped. I let out a startled yelp and stared at the water in my lap. I heard giggling and I turned my eyes to the beautiful woman sitting on the stairs.

“Hey, Car.” Sammy said holding back laughter.

I gave her a smirk before lunging.

Sammy’s POV

After my magical painting session I made my way down the stairs. Carlisle sat on the couch sitting still as stone. I could almost see the thoughts in his head by the way his lips curled up slightly at the corners. He always smiled when he thought of his family. After a few minutes I decided to have a little fun.

Holding my hands up I created a ball of lake water and glided it over to Carlisle. Giggling I waited until he noticed the ball. Slow enough he glanced up and noticed the water. As he reached out I popped the bubble startling him in the process. I couldn’t help but laugh as he looked at me with confused eyes.

“ Hey, Car.” I laughed. He gave me an earth shattering smirk and lunged. I squealed as he ticked my sides.

“ say ‘Carlisle is the sexiest’!” He laughed.

“Never!” I laughed. In an attempt to distract him I reached up and pressed my lips to his. He froze for a moment before reacting passionately. I tangled my hands in his hair while he pressed his body closer to mine.

“ Samantha! We need to talk!” The ghost man shouted making me groan. Carlisle looked up at me with concern.

“Ghost boy is demanding a word.” I explained. He rested his head on my chest while I stared at the ghost man to speak.

“Dahlila needs to know who I am. She needs needs to understand this isn’t her fault. A storm is coming, Samantha.” He said.

“ Who are you then?” I asked.

“Darling, Put these on. Our children are home.” Carlisle said handing my yoga pants. The door opened just as the pants were around my waist. Emmett, Gabriel, Emma, and Dahlila walked into the house. I stood up as the rest of the family came into the living room.

“Dahlila, we need to talk. It is your choice whether you want to do it in private or not.” I told her gently. She looked confused but nodded.

“It’s okay. Nothing to hide here.” She said in a chipper mood. I sighed and motioned her to stand next me. she did so and I took her hand in mine. Taking a deep breath I showed her my world. The ghost man stood in front of her as our eyes glowed golden.

“Gabriel?” She gasped. I furrowed my brows. Everyone but the children jumped up. Taking a deep breath I pushed my power to them so they could see the ghost.

“ How can they see me, Samantha?”

“ I’m a witch, Ghost boy, it’s what I do.” I said. In truth, this was taking a lot of energy. I glanced at Beth snuggled into the couch.

“Why are you here?” Dahlila whispered. “You’re a priest. you should be an angel or something.”

“I broke the rules, Lia.” Gabriel told her. He stepped forward touching her cheek.

“What?” Emmett said. Glancing around I saw the pain on everyones faces. This man had to have been important to them.

“I fell in love, Emmett. Priests aren’t supposed to do that, it’s against our vows.” He explained to us. I sighed and looked at the floor.

“That’s bullshit!” Dahlila cried. “You saved your son and I! We would have been dead!”

“Wait. what?” Little Gabriel said.

“ Emmett is not your biological father.” Dahlila said. Little Gabriel shot up and stood inches from Gabriel’s translucent face.

“ Why haven’t you said anything, Sam?” Dahlila asked still staring at the ghost in front of her. I looked down at my hands letting out a big breath.

“I didn’t know who he was. I mean, I think he told me after the incident at the school but I couldn’t remember what he said, only that he knew you guys and I was safe with you.” I explained. Sharp stabs of emotion pierced my heart as I thought of that day. “ I never meant to hurt you, Lia, I truly mean that.”

“ Lia, I need you to know that I don’t regret anything. I love you. A storm is coming, it’s going to be hard and it will test you. I’ve been fighting him but he’s set on getting back to this world.” Gabriel explained. He turned to look at me to explain.

“He’s right. there’s been this entity that is stalking this town. It’s causing the odd patients at the hospital. It’s possessing their bodies and making them harm themselves.” I told the family in a slurred voice. my head was beginning to get fuzzy.

“Is that what you saw in the classroom when we were supposed to sketch the woods?” Emmett questioned. I nodded meekly. “ you noticed a threat and didn’t say anything?” he boomed.

“I didn’t know! you know how much scary things i see? It didn’t pose a threat at that moment so I didn’t say anything!” I shouted just as loud.

“It’s a threat now!”

“I can see that!” the room began to spin as I felt a liquid begin to drip down from my nose.

“Stop fighting! This thing is a demon, it prays off the chaotic emotions. That’s why it targets teenagers, their emotions are all over the place. this town is like an all day buffet to him!” Gabriel shouted, successfully silencing us all.

I had finally hit my limit as the room swayed I collapsed into Carlisle’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa! A wild update appears.

Okay, I know, it's been a long time since i've updated. In truth i hit a slump and didn't know where I was heading with this. But I'm back and I have a plan. the end is neigh. don't worry we still have a couple chapters and a wedding!

Okay now, i have a couple other things to address:

1) I need to know if you would like a continuation of the series, if so then with whom. the options are Edward, Jasper, Vlad, Alice, or the La Push boys.

2) another option would be to do a who new series with completely new characters and situations.

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!
if you would like to see this progress i need to know. Even if its just to tell me what you'd like to see in this story then tell me. I love to hear feedback so don't be afraid to give it.

ENJOY!
-R