‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

let's go clubbing!

Friday had come again and I stood in front of my last period art class. The students were writing their paragraphs about their sketches. I was pleased with last week’s drawings and very touched when one student drew Angie and I when we were teaching.

“okay students, turn in your books!” I told them and watched as they shuffled to turn in the assignment. I turned to Angie and she grinned at me. I rose my eyebrow at her but she just shrugged. She had laughed at me when I told her about that doctor. ‘maybe it’s love at first sight’ she had said. yeah, right.

“ Ms. Turner are you going to show us your drawing?” a student I learned his name was Tuck asked. I nodded at him and grabbed my sketch book. I put my sketch under the over head. I smiled at the student’s compliments. It was a simple drawing of a fairy girl.

“I drew this because my daughter had a dream that she was best friends with a fairy. Bethany told me she was the nicest person ever and that she brought her ice cream. She asked me to draw her fairy friend so she could give it to her. she has an improved copy of this hanging on her night stand.” I explained to the students. They smiled and nodded at the story. They had met Beth on Wednesday when her and dad showed up to take Angie and I to the movies. A family day sort of thing. I smiled at the memory.

The bell rang the I dismissed the students. Angie and I cleaned the room quickly and she helped me carry the sketch books to my car. I set them inside and looked at Angie who was grinning at me.

“what?” I finally asked.

“come have a girls night! Beth is spending the night with your dad so why not? Please. We haven’t gone out since you’ve come back.” she pleaded. I sighed and looked at her. she was right, Beth was spending the night with dad. I could grade the drawings on Sunday.

“yeah okay. Where are we going?” I asked her. she squeeled and hugged me tightly.

“oh my gosh! Yay! Okay. There’s this club in Port Angeles! Go home, shower, get dressed and we’ll take off!” she said happily. She paused. “can I go home with you? Jason drove me here, and we got into a fight.” Jason was her boyfriend. He was a nice guy, a little protective, but still nice.

“yeah, yeah, get in.” I said. she smiled and climbed into the car. I climbed in and drove us home. Once we were home I called dad and told him that I was going out and if anything happened to call right away. He just laughed and told me to have fun. I let Angie shower first and almost half an hour later she walked out looking ready for anything.

“damn girl! You look hot!” I shouted. She laughed and thanked me. “so bows, they’re your thing huh”

“yep! Now go shower!” she smacked my butt and I laughed. I stepped into the hot water and relaxed instantly. Once I was clean and smelling like violets I stepped out and began my makeup. Ten or so minutes later i walked out to great Angie. She gasped.

“my sweet Jesus! You do not look like a mother! You look like sexy!” she exclaimed. I laughed and thank her. “and bows are our new thing! They work for us!”

“come on lets go, it’s already almost 9:30” I told her. she smirked and we got into the car. Angie began driving and I fiddled with her radio. ‘Give a Damn’ by Rocket To The Moon played through the speakers. We laughed and began singing along.

“She likes the taste of captain morgan. Cigarettes oh she adores them. She can get a little crazy sometimes! Tight shirts and miniskirts, Her family's rich so she'll never work, And she's always on my mind. I can see the love when I look into her eyes. If everyone could see what I see inside” I started off.

“Well she lives at night and sleeps all day. She'll dance and drink her life away. But she doesn't know who I am. She gets what she wants and doesn't quit. She might as well get paid for it. But she doesn't know who I am. And she doesn't give a damn!” she sang. We continued our singing until the song ended. We started laughing, and soon my stomach hurt from the laughter.

“ah man, I missed you Ang” I told her. she grinned at me. She really was my best friend. I knew she would always have my back, and I the same with her. we were sisters really.

“I missed you to Sam. It’s boring here without ya!” she exclaimed. I chuckled as she pulled into the drive way of the club she was talking about. I carefully stepped out of the car and looked around. I had this feeling that I was being watched. My wings rustled under my skin. I smiled when I realized I was wearing a backless dress, my tattoo was fully visible. I liked it when people could see my tattoo, I don’t know why.

“hello, we’d like to get in.” Angie told the buff guy guarding the door. he looked at us and I knew he was judging our looks. I rolled my eyes at him. he nodded and moved a side letting us in the club. I looked at Angie who had a sour look. “pig”

“yeah, well he didn’t card us!” I laughed. She laughed also and we made our way to the bar. I hadn’t really been to a club, even though I was of age. I am a single mother, it’s not like I can go clubbing every night.

“what would you like beautiful?” the bartender asked me. I looked at him and almost shrunk back. he was pale, sickly pale, his eyes were sunken in his skull, his mouth twitched into a sadistic smile. I looked at Angie and she mirrored the disturbed look.

“rum and coke please.” I told him. he nodded and turned to Angie, she muttered a small ‘same’. He left and I looked at her with a bewildered look. I was suddenly aware of the loud thumping music and loud chattering of the people around us.

The scary man came back and gave us our drinks. We took them and made our way to a booth far away from him. as we seated ourselves I had the same feeling of being watched. I glanced around the club and sipped my drink.

“come on let’s dance!” Angie shouted. I laughed and gulped down some alcohol. We got up and headed into the crowd. We began dancing and soon I could feel myself relaxing. The song changed into a loud fast beat song. I laughed as Angie and I received looks from the hungry looking men around us. I walked back to the booth and sat down.

“ need another drink?” Angie asked when she returned. I looked at my now empty glass. I giggled and nodded my head. I could feel the alcohol taking its toll. I felt airy and amused at everything. She returned and handed me my drink. I looked around the room again and spotted a familiar blonde.

“Angie! Angie! Angie! Look!” I slapped her arm as I slurred my words. She laughed at me and looked to where I was pointing.

“he’s cute.” She stated. I glared at her lightly. “what about him?”

“he’s the doctor I was telling you about” I told her fully aware my words sounded funny. She looked at me then back at him. I watched him and wondered why he was here. he seemed to feel our gaze and looked at us. I giggled and turned to look at Angie.

“you’re giggly when you’re drunk, ever notice that?” she stated. I giggled and shook my head no. she laughed and I took a big drink of my rum and coke. I stole a glance at Dr. Cullen only to see him still looking. I broke into a fit of giggles and stood.

“whoa, where you going?” Angie asked. I looked at her for a moment.

“to the car, I’m gonna text dad, see how things are going” I told her and drank the rest of my drink.

“think you should be doing that?” she asked. I stared down at her, forgetting what I was going to say.

“yep!” I said popping the ‘p’. she sighed and nodded. She handed me the keys. I took them and stumbled my way to the door. I opened the door and smiled at the cold air. I fumbled with the keys and managed to open the door. I sent a quick text to dad and locked the car again.

“hey there! You’re cute looking!” a man said. I looked over at him lazily and froze when I noticed how big he was. Not fat bit, but scary muscles big. He walked towards me and I turned around and started walking down the street. why I didn’t go back into the club I don’t know, I blame the alcohol. “hey! I’m talking to you!”

I continued walking ignoring him. I heard him fallowing me. without thinking I turned onto a different street. I cursed my luck when I saw it was empty. I could hear his heavy footsteps and I looked behind me. he was running towards me, great. I hurriedly took off my shoes and began running down the street.

I turned down another road only to be faced with a group of men. They all looked at me like I was a piece of meat. I felt a hand on my arm and I screamed. The man put a hand around my mouth and I panicked. The group of men seemed to be with the scary muscle man and cheered him on.

Oh, hell no! I wiped my head back catching the man off guard. He stumbled back and glared at me. for a minute I was shocked but quickly came back to reality when another man grabbed my hair and pulled me back. a pain filled cry left my throat. I brought my hand down and hit him hard in the groin.

“bitch! Learn your place!” the muscle man shouted. He grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. Growled and felt the light in my hands gather. I spun around and blasted him in the face with pure energy. He cried out in pain and fell back holding his eyes.

“what the fuck did you do!” the other man said. I looked to him he coward back. he grabbed his friend and they ran off muttering “we are going to hell man, messing with an angel!” I rose my eye brow at him. I felt the air rush past me tickling my wings. Oh, that’s why he was freaked out, my wings are out. They felt good being outstretched.

“what are you?” I jumped back and came face to face with Dr. Cullen.

Well, shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay guys, i won't be updating till the weekend. school starts up again on Thursday and i have mounds of homework that i decided to put off till the end of break.
to my commenters, you guys make me so happy when you comment and thank you :)
don't be a silent reader! tell me what you're thinking!
till Saturday my lovelies!