Status: The first few chapters might suck but I think it gets better (I'll update every Tuesday!)

Let's Put a Smile on That Face

The Game

I woke up in a dark room laying on a mattress with my hands and legs tied together. I tried screaming but figured no one would get help. So I did want any person in this situation would do. Wallow in self pity and cry. As the tears ran down my face I thought about Harvey and Rachael, and realized that I didn't live a full life yet. I didn't get to settle down with a guy and have two kids. I didn't own my dream place or even accomplish my dream job. Now everything will be taken away from me by the definite smile that will be craved on my face. I heard the door open but didn't dare look who it was.

"Awww, don't be like that, I just wanted someone to talk to" That damn voice said mockingly then laughed. More tears started falling. He pulled me roughly onto a chair in the corner and sat on top of my lap while he untied my hands and legs. When he finished, he glared at me when I wouldn't look back at him. He slapped me and that instantly sobered me up. I automatically stood up which made him fall on the ground. The look of shock crossed his face but only for a second. He jumped up on his feet and took out his knife. But the minute I saw it, I laughed. I don't know why, but it felt appropriate at the moment. I laughed so much it began to hurt. He continued to stared at me until he decided to just leave me alone. And the minute he closed that door, I shut right up and cried again. I was so close to death and there's no telling if I would be able to again, but I'd find out soon.

The next time, which must've been like 2 weeks later, he came into the room he was carrying a plate with a piece of bread. He tossed it to me and laughed

"Bon appetite!" He joked. I smiled and grabbed the bread and started munching it. "What's your name?" I looked over to him shocked. "Cat got your tongue?" He then burst into laughter again.

"Michelle" I whispered. He glared at me but not without a smile.

"Well, Mickey, I see you got yourself into a situation here. Whatcha gonna do about it?" He teased
waving his knife around like an airplane. I couldn't take my eyes off it. "How about we play a little game?" I immediately froze. "If you win, you get to leave...alive" He continued. When he didn't finish, I spoke up.

"What if you win?" I asked. He instantly smiled.

"If I win then you can never leave and will stay my pet, until I get bored of course" He spoke, matter-a-factly. I almost choked on the piece of bread. I swallowed.

"Whats the game?" I questioned.

"Oh no no no, you must agree first"

"What if I don't"

"Then you die the way most of my ummm friends do." He smirked after he finished.

"Fine." When I gave in, he stopped smiling and just stared at me. I stared right back.

"12" After he said that, he left, forgetting to lock the door. I looked at the door, waiting to hear the lock click but it never happened. I then heard a vehicle start up from outside and drive away. I slowly got up from my spot and walked over to the door, wondering if I should try my luck. I turned the knob and took a look outside. When I didn't see anyone, I went back into the room and grabbed what I could, which included: the pieces of rope that tied my hands. A piece of the chair, which I carved using a piece of the plate he left in here, turning it into a stake. I also took the rest of the bread and a sharp piece of the plate. I figured I didn't need anything else. I cut my dress so that I was able to move freely in it but left my heels on just in case there was glass on the floor.

I got on my knees and quietly crawled back to the door, opened it, and turned right where I thought the front door would be. I was guessing that this was the game he refereed to, if I was able to get out of here slipping by his twelve clowns then I would be able to go home. I found seven of his clowns in one room with a TV in it. That means there would be five somewhere else. I continued crawling when I saw the door, leading outside. My heart leaped with joy until I saw two clowns guarding the door. I quickly hid in the closest room, which happened to be the kitchen. I instantly regretted because there was one clown in here already. The minute he saw me, he grinned evilly. He then pushed me up against the wall.

"I didn't know the boss was bringing some entertainment for us" He whispered in my ear. I grabbed the stake in my hand and stabbed with all my might. Oh my god, I just stabbed him. I stabbed a living being I quickly put my hand over his mouth so he wouldn't scream but I was too late. I heard other people walking towards us so I rushed out the other door and peaked in to see ten people walk in. So I went back to the front door and walked outside, just in time to see the final clown sitting next to the door, sleeping. I then noticed he was holding my purse on his lap. I quickly grabbed it and ran.
What I didn't notice was, the minute my back was turned on him, he took out a cell phone and called his employer to tell him how it went.

It took a while before I realized where I was and when I did, I almost shit bricks. I was in downtown Gotham, obviously not the safest place for a girl who is wearing a cut up pink dress. And apparently the three men across the street agreed.

"Hey Baby!" One of them called out. One of the others wolf whistled. I quickly walked into one of the alleyways trying to get away. The men crossed the street and were hot on my trail so I started to run but one of my heels broke so I fell with a scream. I'm glad too because the next second, the batman appeared in between me and the guys. He quickly knocked them out and turned to me with an extended hand. I took off my shoes and grabbed his hand, he helped me up. When he noticed who I was, he grabbed my shoulders at looked at me.

"Why did the Joker kidnap you?" He asked me harshly. I shook my head.

"I don't know!" I answered quickly.

"Where did you come from?"

"I don't know, I just ran, I can't remember from which direction." I lied. I don't know why I did but I didn't want to tell him. He seemed to believe me.

"How did you escape?" I then thought I should've told him about the 'game' the Joker and I played, but decided against it.

"When they left, I used a piece of glass from the window to cut my ropes and ran for it" I explained. He nodded his head and offered me a ride home, I thanked him and got in his bat-mobile. When he got outside my apartment I jumped out, thanked him, and rushed inside. I took the elevator up to my floor and unlocked my door. I turned the knob but then stopped yo think about today's events. I pushed open the door but froze in my tracks when I saw the man in the green and purple suit sitting on my couch reading a magazine. He turned in my direction and smiled.

"Sorry, Doll, but you lost."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to get them longer, sorry