Status: The first few chapters might suck but I think it gets better (I'll update every Tuesday!)

Let's Put a Smile on That Face

Mayor's attemped ***

"What the fuck do you mean I lost?" I cried out after closing and locking the door behind me. The Joker smirked.

"I mean you lost. I can mention multiple things you did wrong." He stated.

"I got out of there alive!" I yelled.

"You killed one of my men."

"You never said I couldn't" I retorted walking over to my bedroom. Did it bother me that I killed someone? Of course but then again the guy was a criminal and did touch me, so its more like self defense.

"Well you were noticed by one of my men" He quickly cut me off from my room.

"Maybe you should have told me the rules 'cause you didn't say anything about that either." I pushed him in, and he gave away. I walked over to my dresser and then my closet to grab my clothes.

"When I say you lost. You lose!" He angrily yelled. I turned to him sharply.

"And when I say I won. I win" I say with just the same about of anger. He stared at me then broke into a grin. But this one was different then the others. This one looked like he was generally happy. I smiled back and went into the bathroom to change into my pjs. When I looked into the mirror my smile turned into an instant frown. My hair was fizzled in every direction, my makeup was dried up and chunky. My dress was truly ripped up and there was bruises all over my body, including the cuts on my knees when I fell in the alleyway. I cleaned myself up as best as I could and changed. When I walked back out, the Joker was no where in sight. What I did find was a little folded up note that had Mickey written on top next to a smiley face. I opened it to see As much as I would have loved to see you try to look amazing just for me, I have to take care of someone. Be back tomorrow night. Ta-ta! I rolled my eyes and put the note in my dresser. I went into my covers and had sweet dreams.

I woke up to the sound of rapid knocking on my door. I knew it wasn't the Joker because he would've gotten through the window or something. I slowly got up and walked over to the door. I opened it without even checking who it was.

"What the fuck? Where the fuck? How the fuck?" Rachael. Of course. I waved her in, and closed the door behind her.

"How did you know I was back?" I asked.

"Bruc- I mean, I check everyday hoping you would be here" She lied. I didn't question her though, I didn't care. I told her everything I told the Batman yesterday. She believed it also.

"Well, get ready!" She exclaimed after we finished talking about it. I looked at her weirdly. "Today's the mayor's speech?" She said slowly like I was a child. I nodded and went to my room to change into a business shirt and skirt. When I walked out I overheard Rachael talking on the phone about me. I coughed and she quickly hung up, and smiled nervously at me.

"Harvey?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah" She lied again. Bruce.

"Sure it was, let's go." We rushed out and actually made it relatively on time. We watched from the sidelines. I noticed Gordon, police chief, talking on his radio with a worried look. I started to wonder if the Mayor was the something the Joker was going to take care of.

"...and as we recognize the sacrifice of these officers, we must remember that vigilance is the price of safety..."

I scanned the crowd as the Honor Guards do their routine, when I noticed something off about one of them. Is that-? One of their guns went off. Everyone ducked and covered except me. I looked over to the podium the Mayor was on and saw the Gordon had tackled him. Everyone was back up by now and ran away, while I tried to look over the crowd to see a familiar face. Rachael pulled my arm and lead me to Major Crimes division. Once we entered the building, it was major chaotic. Heh joke. Rachael's phone rang and she answered it with worry in her voice.

"Harvey, where are you?!" She yells into the phone.

"Where you should be, at Major Crimes trying to sort through all the-" She was cut off by something Harvey said.

"This is Gordon's unit, Harvey-" She was cut off again.

"He vouched for these men-" And again. She then looks around the room suspiciously.

"Bruce. We can trust Bruce Wayne." She said with hope.

"Trust me, Harvey, Bruce's penthouse is now the safest place in this city" She said sternly, then gave me a weary smile. She hung up the phone and dropped me off at my apartment. She told me to lock the doors and windows and stay there until she called. No doubt she was going to Bruce's. I went up to my apartment and walked in. Thankfully it looked empty. I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Aww don't relax yet, Dollface" The Joker said walking out of the kitchen, eating an apple. I laughed at how cliche that was, but then stopped when I realized what happened today.

"You tried to kill the Mayor..." I whispered. His face grew agitated.

"Yup, I tried" He throws the apple on the floor roughly and stomps to the couch and lies down. I frown and clean up the apple mess. "You know how hard it is to kill someone?" He asked roughly. I rolled my eyes and sat under his legs.

"How hard?" I asked to humor him. He smiled his Joker smile.

"Not hard at all" He burst out with laughter. I started to laugh softly, don't get me wrong, it was a horrible joke but just seeing him laugh made me want to join in. We both quieted down so I looked at the time, 8:27pm.

"I should get ready for bed" I told him and lifted his legs so that I could stand up but his legs wouldn't move. I sighed and looked over to him. "I really need some sleep" I begged but he wouldn't move. He just stared at me with a thoughtful expression. I shrugged it off and decided if I couldn't move why not sleep right here. I adjusted my position so that I was laying down sideways next to him. I realized that now technically he moved over some so I would be able to go to my bedroom, but I felt too comfortable to even think about it. I slept peacefully.

When I woke up, I was alone on the couch. I frowned, not because I missed him or anything but because...yeah. I got up and noticed it was only 6:00 am. I grabbed my phone and saw that I missed two calls from Rachael and one from Harvey. I called her first.

"There you are Michelle!" She greeted through the phone, I smiled.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Harvey's having a press conference today in four hours. Be there." She informed me then commanded.

"What's it about?" I asked, thinking it was about how Gordon was killed. She hesitated.

"It's about... Batman's identity. Look I've got to go. Be at the Superior Court by 10" And then she hung up.

"Who was that?" A voice right behind me asked. I jumped three feet in the air. It was the Joker.

"Rachael, she says Batman's identity is going to be revealed... I think" I said more to myself then to him. He frowns but only for a second, then he smiles his joker smile. Then I frown. I don't like it when he smiles like that.

"Well you better get ready, you're definitely not going in that" He said turning around and heading for the window.

"And whats wrong with how I look?" I asked, a smile forming on my face. He turned around right before he jumped down.

"You have a little something right here" He points to his cheek and then he's gone. I instinctively put my fingers over the spot he pointed out, rubbed a little and looked back at my fingers. I smiled when I saw what was on them.
Red lipstick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i didn't update last Tuesday, i got into a fight with my mom and it didn't end pretty xD

Hope you like
XOXO