Status: I update very very seldom. People yelling at me to hurry up often make me write faster. I'm sorry.

Sky High

Hold On Tight

Five hours in, and the plane was still rocking fairly violently. I nervously twisted the ends of my hair between my fingers.
"I'm scared," I voiced, gripping the seat's arm rests.
"It's okay," Jack assured, placing his hand on mine. "Calm down, we'll be okay." He smiled at me and rubbed my hand with his thumb. I felt more confident already.
They had asked us to remove our oxygen masks a while ago, explaining to us that we were at a lower altitude now. I was 99% sure that meant we were closer to the Atlantic Ocean. A fact I found little or no comfort in.
The lightning sounded like an electric whip outside - mercilessly cracking the very fibres of the sky. Looking out the little window, we could see nothing but and empty blackness and the sharp raindrops against the thick glass. When the lightning struck, a flash of light allowed us to see the outlines of the menacing clouds. The thunder rolled in afterwards, groaning and growling until it faded again.
Suddenly, a worrying alarm bell sounded throughout the cabin. Lightning had struck the wing of the aircraft, tilting the plane towards the left. Almost instinctively, Jack used his right hand to steady himself, and his last flew across me as a second belt.
"Passengers, please prepare for an emergency landing. We will be hitting ground shortly."
Ground?! I barely had time to think. I looked at Jack who took a moment before pulling my head down to rest it on the seat in front of us. His hands went around the back of his neck to support his head. I did the same.
Some people screamed, others were silent. The plane was descending fast, and the cabin was deathly dark with only a few emergency lights flashing.
"Jack," I managed. He looked at me from the corner of his eye. He shut them tight and removed one of his hands from his neck to take mine. He gripped it tight.
"We'll be fine, I promise." He kept his eyes glued shut. I couldn't even blink.
"I'm holding you to that promise, Jack," I whimpered.
"I promise, you'll be okay. I'll be okay."
The impact was brutal.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took forever??????? It took me a while to get around to it but it was really quick to write.
THE END IS NEAR.
That you for your comments you're all so wonderful mwah.