Status: Completed

Nine Lives

Chapter Eighteen

"Are you sure that's a wise choice?" Mike said, edging the gun deeper into Katelynne's back, who continued to struggle.
"Yes." I said without hesitation or falter "Do it. I'm not going to give you what you want so you might aswell. She means nothing to me." I glared at Katelynne who has pain written all over her face.
Mike didn't do what I expected him to do. He didn't pull the trigger and he didn't knock her unconscious or anything. He simply released his grip oh her and pushed her towards the door, telling her to go, but not before he threaten her's and her whole family's life existence if she spilled a word.
She nodded quickly and bolted without looking back at either of us.
"You know Kellin." Mike began, circling the living room "You are me are more alike than you think- minus the little crush you seem to have on my brother."
How the hell did he know?
"I've got eyes everywhere." he said, as if he read my mind "In fact, I think you know one of them. Jesse."
Jesse?! Fucking Jesse?! Jesse was working for Mike?!
"You know, you really should stop with the internal screaming, it's giving me a huge headache." he said tapping his temple.
"Fuck." I muttered under my breath before clearing my throat. "So what exactly are you proposing here because you sure as hell aren't asking me out for coffee."
"Ha! Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm nothing like my brother. I'm just making a small suggestion... That you'd be better off with me than you would my brother or Austin or Gabe."
"I don't even know Gabe." I mumbled "What's so bad about your brother, why do you hate him so much?" I obviously knew about the whole 'It's Vic's fault Mike died' but I didn't know the details.
"You see Kellin, when you come from a family that me and Vic do, family is important. You put them first, you don't betray them. Vic did exactly that and he's no brother of mine. He needs to set his values straight, but he can't exactly do that with a pretty piece of ass like you hanging in the way."
"So you want me out of the picture to get your brother back? That's not going to do anything if he has Austin and Gabe."
"Gabe can easily be dealt with, he's not a threat to anyone but himself. Austin on the other hand, let's just say I have plans for him already." he smirked at me.
"You know you can't kill me or else you die too."
"That's the beauty in it Kellin. Could you imagine the things that could be possible if we joined forced?"
"Skip the Star Wars speech, Mike." I rolled my eyes.
He didn't take to nicely to my comment and he gave me a cold glare.
"This isn't a game, Kellin. Lives hang in the balance of this. It's your choice, that influences their fate. I'll give you two days to think it over." He began to talk towards the door, turning his head slightly when he reached the door "And if you don't have an answer for me by then... the right answer... expect all hell to break loose."
♠ ♠ ♠
ohhi
Here's a small update.
I put myself in a real sticky situation with that last ending.
Ops.
I'd like to go back to Vic's POV for the next chapter and try and get this "Kellic" rolling.... majorly.

Comment, Rate, Subscribe and Recommend ^.^