Status: Thanks for reading! I wrote this a couple of years ago and am deciding on turning this into a full novel. Any comments greatly appreciated! :)

Moonlight

Last Ruins

A streak of lightening flashed inside my mind. A wave of submerged feelings and thoughts engulfed me at that moment. All of these sudden colors possessed me and I recall what I saw, a rag doll human being. There aren’t any normal human parts, cat eyes are in place of human eyes, one totally filled with blood and the other a healthy dilated green. There is no nose, just fleshy parts as if the nose was ripped right off to expose the bone as some kind of insignia. The mouth was small, meek, and beautiful. The hair on this human like figure was half shaped like a wasp’s nest and half cut short with twigs and dead insects for décor. Worse of all this figure was male. His shoulders were very broad and the veins were at least two inches thick mapping out the pathway of its course driven liquid. Yet this figure seemed so familiar. He was very appalling but I felt love for this creature.

Hello Kitt. I’ve been waiting for this moment. Do you like what you see? I do.

Malachai, is that you? What are you?

I’m you baby. I love you sweet lumps.

You do, how do you know? You don’t even know me.

Sure I do. We’re meant to be. Don’t you feel it running through your blood? That’s me. At that very moment I got an adrenaline rush and I felt happiness like I’ve never felt it before. It was amazing.

You liked that didn’t you?

Oh Malachai, how could I live without you?! I love you honeybun!

Then join me. Join me in our most productive act ever. Follow me into this River of Sorrow. Make me dance around you in the ripples of our waves.

Drinking in every word he spoke I listened. I looked around and saw Bunny’s now cold lifeless body. “You disgust me.” I said to it. I took a deep breath and I faced the freezing shock of the water with Bunny’s hair in my death gripping fingers. I briskly walked in until I was totally overtaken by the current. I hugged Bunny’s body to make sure we’d always be together.

The current was stronger than it had looked. At once I was beaten around and tossed aside like a leaf but my last moments entailed the moonlight it was beautiful. Then it changed to red and my breath was no more.

The wind had picked up again and the moon was still out. Not far ahead was a pack of wolves. They seemed to be feasting on some unusually big carcass. One trotted over to me and started to lick my face. I could smell the rotting particles in the saliva of this wolf. I leaned on the wolf to gain my balance again. Once I stood up they all looked at me. Then simultaneously they all began to howl at that huge moon. In the moonlight I could see that what they were eating was Bunny. Almost all of him was picked clean but his head still remained. I concluded that these wolves dragged me out and waited here for me to wake up. We were all family now. I picked up Bunny’s head and dug my index finger into his eye socket. At once I popped it into my mouth and enjoyed the sudden burst of flavor I got. Laughing uncontrollably I howl along with all the other wolves. Now I know where I belong. Now I know what I have to do with those who betray.

Now it starts all over again.